Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
DENISE BAILEY said:
MONSIEUR DUPONT said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
sherry said:
like linda said b4 i cant c why someone wud want to race a full greyhound with non ped whippets. they deffo wudnt gain financially. the scratch @ big event like the derbys is nowehere near the same payout as the little ones. so why wud anyone want to race a full ghd with a whippet 4 a few pounds? doesnt make any sense 2 me. who is this supposed ghd people r complaining about anyway? for those that dont know i have a ghd x whippet cross.  :thumbsup: weight approx 47lb

Have to agree financially there would be no gain ...

I wont mention names of people or dogs Carole after all its only hearsay , maybe the people thats made the complaints might and who knows have proof after all they usually post a bit on k9 :thumbsup:

I don't think so mon cher

M D

So your now saying your identity's the sames as one of the people who's made the complaints ...interesting :oops:

No :wacko: would you like my dna :lol:

M D

i was just wondering whats the lightest greyhound you can get. and the biggest.and is the bigger one a lot faster because of the extra weight.

they can vary from 40 pound wich is very small for a greyhound upto about 100 pound bigest ive had was 89 pound :) think graham could tell u more but bigger isnt faster id say.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks .so would it be possibe for the 401b to beat the 100lb

anyone no of any greyhound cross whippets for sale i no im a new member but have been into hunting dogs a long time

Percy :thumbsup:

thought gaz would sort you out :thumbsup:

Just wondrin if anyone has looked at the sizes of whippet traps over the years and whether they have changed to accomodate the bigger dogs? As well as being whippet like in appearance, is it also written in some rules that dogs have to fit into whippet traps? The debate could go on for ever and whilst it's quite funny at times, there are allegedly people running greyhounds against non peds, so maybe if there is any serious conversations about what might be done, it would be good to hear them, maybe not on K9 cos it is after all for entertainment value :) and the stories all made up -_-

chris

Can I remind members that it is against the rules to have more than one account on K9.

rob67 said:
Just wondrin if anyone has looked at the sizes of whippet traps over the years and whether they have changed to accomodate the bigger dogs? As well as being whippet like in appearance, is it also written in some rules that dogs have to fit into whippet traps? The debate could go on for ever and whilst it's quite funny at times, there are allegedly people running greyhounds against non peds, so maybe if there is any serious conversations about what might be done, it would be good to hear them, maybe not on K9 cos it is after all for entertainment value  :) and the stories all made up -_-
chris

i must admit its great entertainment value and until people start being honest regarding how there whippet crosses are bred this will never end.

this topic will always rear it ugly head that is why when i breed a litter of pups i always let people know exactly how they are bred.(EVEN THEN YOU STILL GET CALLED BEHIND YOUR BACK)

i have in the past had to put up with all this crap its a greyhound it this that and the other but i have always had the peace of mind that i have told no lies when registering any of my pups.

like it has been said before why would anyone with half a brain want to race a greyhound with the non peds like certain people have said it would have to be a open class greyhound to win some of these races and there alot of money to be won with a open class greyhound if you are prepared to travel so why they would want to race with the non peds is beyond me.

If all else fails why don't these people put their money where their mouths are and have the dogs they are saying to be greyhound DNA tested?? I'm sure any owner with nothing to hide would oblige.

Just a thought here - if people are getting worried about full greyhounds being run would it not be a good time to start and restrict breeding slightly by only allowing puppies to be registered into the organisations if their parents have already been registered in the whippet organisations. Therefore no full greyhounds would be used for breeding as obviously not registered. Over the years we have put in so much good greyhound blood perhaps now the gene pool can run without the use of greyhound brood bitches, if people like the bigger dogs it can still be maintained by by breeding no limits with no limits if thats their choice, but at the same time we would then be back to racing 'non peds' with not quite so much greyhound in them. I am not trying to suggest how people should breed its just one way that maybe we could tighten up and maybe downsize slightly again as it has been said even the heavyweights are now much bigger than in the past!!!!! (Please note i am not anti greyhound either i love to see all dogs race its just a way perhaps to make it less of an issue of what the dogs racing actualy are non peds, greyhounds etc.)

Not sure if i've worded this right but i think you'll get the drift!!!!!!! :oops:

Vicky said:
If all else fails why don't these people put their money where their mouths are and have the dogs they are saying to be greyhound DNA tested??  I'm sure any owner with nothing to hide would oblige.
exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back