The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My kitchen fitter is great, he doesn't ask for a cuppa and he's given Jessica all his lunch, that he left in the front of his van, how thoughtful :blink:

rodders said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
sadieandco said:
Poor Mike what a dilemma - but you know what lifes a bitch sometimes and we learn by our mistakes - so unfortunately if his believed No Limiter is really a greyhound i would say sorry but he can't run in the champs and sadly if he can only have the one dog in another 14 years or so when poor Florance has gone to chase bunnies in the sky he will by then have learned alot more and investigate what he is buying much more.  As for the person who sold the so called no limiter as such has now been sussed and should be ashamed of himself for leading someone to buy a dog that wasnt what it really was.  Florance is loved so much and full of so many custard creams im sure she will still have a very happy and full life anyway :D
:lol: :thumbsup: well put

Bit unfair for mike and his kids , he was lead to believe the none ped whippet community where a friendly helpful lot

But what if Mike really did know that it was a full greyhound, and he was trying to pull the wool over our eye's 8) Us non-ped whippet racers don't condone cheating do we.

Lets say he did or he didn't know...suppose we will never know...Florance is whippet like in appearance she only weights 53 lb and is a little bit smaller than some no limiter

BUT SHES A GREYHOUND DEE AND THATS CHEATING. :( As someone off a top table,surely you agree with me?

Can i just added this was a story and fictional ... my opinions on whippet or greyhound breeding or racing have nothing to do with me been on a committee

if I had to make any decisions i 1st off would want solid proof not hearsay

I could say anyone who is racing no limits breed 50% whippet x greyhound are racing greyhound affording to science and genetics ...so they are cheating too

DENISE BAILEY said:
rodders said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
sadieandco said:
Poor Mike what a dilemma - but you know what lifes a bitch sometimes and we learn by our mistakes - so unfortunately if his believed No Limiter is really a greyhound i would say sorry but he can't run in the champs and sadly if he can only have the one dog in another 14 years or so when poor Florance has gone to chase bunnies in the sky he will by then have learned alot more and investigate what he is buying much more.  As for the person who sold the so called no limiter as such has now been sussed and should be ashamed of himself for leading someone to buy a dog that wasnt what it really was.  Florance is loved so much and full of so many custard creams im sure she will still have a very happy and full life anyway :D

Bit unfair for mike and his kids , he was lead to believe the none ped whippet community where a friendly helpful lot

But what if Mike really did know that it was a full greyhound, and he was trying to pull the wool over our eye's 8) Us non-ped whippet racers don't condone cheating do we.

Lets say he did or he didn't know...suppose we will never know...Florance is whippet like in appearance she only weights 53 lb and is a little bit smaller than some no limiter

BUT SHES A GREYHOUND DEE AND THATS CHEATING. :( As someone off a top table,surely you agree with me?

Can i just added this was a story and fictional ... my opinions on whippet or greyhound breeding or racing have nothing to do with me been on a committee

I could say anyone who is racing no limits breed 50% whippet x greyhound are racing greyhound affording to science and genetics ...so they are cheating too

But at least they have some non-ped whippet in their make up, full bred greyhounds don't.

Would say that these situations have and always will arise , until full litters DNA testing is done ...@ present most the member moan when increase in memberships are mentioned ..personally the none ped racing is living in the dark ages ...

But lets say its only a family hobbie not professional sport like horse / greyhound racing

So if members are that worried about the odd small greyhound leaking through the system then its time they get there heads together and work out a solution ...the way it stands at present organizations will have to trust its members when accepting registrations off them

milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
rodders said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
sadieandco said:

But at least they have some non-ped whippet in their make up, full bred greyhounds don't.

Thats only if the breeders been honest with the buy, how would any potential buyer know for sure unless they breed themselves

Could all the no limit racers be 100% sure that there no limiter has none ped blood in it some where along the lines :- "

DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
rodders said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
sadieandco said:

Thats only if the breeders been honest with the buy, how would any potential buyer know for sure unless they breed themselves

Could all the no limit racers be 100% sure that there no limiter has none ped blood in it some where along the lines :- "

Well I certainly can, and I'm sure that 99% of scratch dogs racing at present are genuine non-peds.

Linda have you got that potion ready for our Penny :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
rodders said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
sadieandco said:

Well I certainly can, and I'm sure that 99% of scratch dogs racing at present are genuine non-peds.

disagree i think theres more than 1 % of none peds scr greyhounds

If you think that there's more than 1% of non-ped scratch dogs that are full greyhounds( ie greyhound x greyhound), then shouldn't something be done about it.

disagree i think theres more than 1 % of none peds scr greyhounds over the years

should of read

As i stated dark ages ... and until such time DNA testing is done both organization will have to accept what members say there dogs are breed out of ...unless 100% of proof is obtained

milly said:
I'm well happy with Linda's reply regarding the NNWRF :thumbsup: I will now seek the opinion of the BWRA, and the IRG.Will post their opinion's later :thumbsup:

IRG :thumbsup:

DENISE BAILEY said:
rodders said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
milly said:
sadieandco said:

I don't consider myself to be a cheat for racing a half cross whippet greyhound Dee.In my opinion after listening to people who have been in racing years,scratch racing was introduced for dogs that went over 32lb when greyhound blood was used.Also don't see how somebody racing a half cross in No Limits is racing a greyhound,when one out of the same litter is racing in the handicap.Is that a greyhound also?

Maybe after all the past talk about capping weights,the answer lies in restricting breeding,so that once a greyhound has been used to produce a litter.The said offspring should only be allowed to be bred back to a whippet,for lets say 2 generations before greyhound blood could be introduced into the line again.

Also maybe we should DNA test all scratch racers if the breeding is suspect,and when I say DNA test I mean parentage,that way hopefully 1 or 2 or even 3 wont slip through the net.I'd be quite happy to pay for our Harvs DNA test,so wouldn't cost members anything :D

DENISE BAILEY said:
disagree i think theres more than 1 % of none peds scr greyhounds over the years should of read

As i stated dark ages ... and until such time DNA testing is done both organization will have to accept what members say there dogs are breed out of ...unless 100% of proof is obtained

Am I just not understanding this or something? Regardless of whether anyone thinks its fair or not- even if a dog were to be 100% greyhound and even if the owner/breeder was quite open about it - if it were small enough to be "whippet like in appearance" with the rules as they stand at the moment, wouldn't it be within the rules to run it?

Last edited by a moderator:
i bet if some pics of some scratch dogs were posted on here and some greyhound pics all at random there wouldnt be many people could tell them apart :- " its all to do with the amount of greyhound blood put into allready very big non ped scratch racers :- " surly they are greyhounds :blink: but i would not condone anyone running a full blood greyhound knowingly :( starting to think mr gills views are right when breeding far to big :blink: non ped scratch dogs mated to a greyhound will produce big dogs :) but a 26 pound non ped to a 30 pound non ped can produce 50 to 60 pound ers by throwing back to greyhound blood in the non ped it happend to us with baileys comet and free wheeler :sweating: whippet like in apearence if its a small greyhound at around 45 pound or so i would defy anyone who recons they could say its a greyhound without one hundred percent proof :- " if someone is racing a greyhound knowing it has no non ped breeding in it then its wrong :( but who is clever enough to tell them apart this is all happening now because of breeding so big in this sport :- " but i personaly dont have a problem with size of any as long as they are non peds theres been a lot of greyhounds over past year raced in non ped events but seems no one goes to the owners and says it to there faces as they cant prove it :( LONG LIVE SCRATCH RACING :D

GAZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back