The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Buffy's Babies !!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
December the 17th it all started here on K9 :)) . I remember just wishing for Buffy to have 2 pup's,,a boy and a girl :blink: . Then over time Buffy got bigger and bigger, and I started to wonder if she would go POP (w00t) . Then the big day came Jill phoned me at 7am to say Buffy looked like she was in trouble. My advice " GET HER TO THE VET NOW" :- " ,, about 2 1/2 hour's later Jill phone's to say 7 babies were born and she had 2 white/black parti boy's. I did cry a wee bit and so did Jill. The first few night's were a wee bit scary for me. I went up to Jill's house to help bottle feed the pup's, all very new to me, but I got the hang of it and Buffy liked me so I never got bitten and by the Sunday morning I knew all these pup's were ment to live :D . We all went up when the pup's were just over 2 week's old and Gary my little boy cried all the way back home as he thought we were going to pick the pup up and bring him home. I remember thinking Tank would be the one coming to stay with Ricky and Robbie, but over time RJ just seemed to jump out at me in the photo's Jill sent me. So RJ it was,,now called Riggs. Myself and John went to visit Jill and her whippet family when the pup's were 4 week's old and I told her Riggs was the one for me, I could have stayed all night as these pup's were a joy to watch (even sleeping) :- " . Today it hit home that when I pick Riggs up,,it will be the last time that I will ever be part of all this litter's life, I can't imagine how Jill feel's as these are her babies and she has had them from the second they were born, but I feel so proud that my dog has father'd some cracking pup's. Tomorrow will be the end of Buffy's Babies but the begining of a new life for all these pup's.

I feel like Ive just written a book and must be the longest post Ive ever written. I might be going through this again with a new girlfriend for Robbie but it will never be as special as BUFFIES BABIES :cheers:

Awwwww bless Susan that was lovely, brought a tear to my eye, but on the bright side we will all hopefully updated on k9. :luck: :luck: :luck: to all the pups.

Julie

:thumbsup:

That say's it all Susan.

Well done Jill

Well done Susan

Well done Buffy

Well done Robbie

And thanks to all of you, I am about to get the pup and companion I have been after for 2 years.

THANK YOU

:cheers:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Susan that brought a tear to my eye as well :huggles: I forgot to mention you and of course Robbie in my post. Love to you all :wub:

Gone all soppy now :wub:

buffyrannoch said:
Chancer, still waiting for a home, sure it wont be long.....
Oh, so sweet! Pity you're so far from us :( You could always pop him in the post though :- " (see dog chat thread for my story of the :rant: who asked me if I could post a chicken to him :blink: )

Elizabeth

Hi

I hope your beautiful bitch delivered safely. Are all the pups taken. I am looking for two dogs but couldn't take them for four weeks as I start working from home then.

Christine

Susan said:
December the 17th it all started here on K9  :)) . I remember just wishing for Buffy to have 2 pup's,,a boy and a girl  :blink: . Then over time Buffy got bigger and bigger, and I started to wonder if she would go POP  (w00t) . Then the big day came Jill phoned me at 7am to say Buffy looked like she was in trouble. My advice " GET HER TO THE VET NOW"  :- " ,, about 2 1/2 hour's later Jill phone's to say 7 babies were born and she had 2 white/black parti boy's. I did cry a wee bit and so did Jill. The first few night's were a wee bit scary for me. I went up to Jill's house to help bottle feed the pup's, all very new to me, but I got the hang of it and Buffy liked me so I never got bitten and by the Sunday morning I knew all these pup's were ment to live  :D . We all went up when the pup's were just over 2 week's old and Gary my little boy cried all the way back home as he thought we were going to pick the pup up and bring him home. I remember thinking Tank would be the one coming to stay with Ricky and Robbie, but over time RJ just seemed to jump out at me in the photo's Jill sent me. So RJ it was,,now called Riggs. Myself and John went to visit Jill and her whippet family when the pup's were 4 week's old and I told her Riggs was the one for me, I could have stayed all night as these pup's were a joy to watch (even sleeping)  :- " . Today it hit home that when I pick Riggs up,,it will be the last time that I will ever be part of all this litter's life, I can't imagine how Jill feel's as these are her babies and she has had them from the second they were born, but I feel so proud that my dog has father'd some cracking pup's. Tomorrow will be the end of Buffy's Babies but the begining of a new life for all these pup's. I feel like Ive just written a book and must be the longest post Ive ever written. I might be going through this again with a new girlfriend for Robbie but it will never be as special as BUFFIES BABIES  :cheers:

/can't believe another whippet called Riggs. One of mine was Riglo known as Riggs along with his brother Tonto. Check them out at their website http://www.equilibrium.freeserve.co.uk/themears/

Awww Susan that was so nice to read - it came from the heart I could tell. :wub: :huggles:

Im sure those little guys will be well loved in their new homes and thanks to you two have had a FANTASTIC start to LIFE - I know I wanted one badly. :wub: BUT sadly not to be..... :(

Well done BUFFY - this is not the end but a NEW BEGINNING> :cheers:

:b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b

[SIZE=21pt]SORRY I HAD TO BRING IT BACK!!!![/SIZE]

I was looking at this topic just yesterday,,,I like to read it from the start to fininsh and it does bring back great memories for me. Its great to see the pups growing up on K9, not many breeder's can watch all their babies growing up :D

Dosnt the time go so quickly though - how old now ?? (w00t) They are adorable. :wub:

WELL THAT WAS good readin fae start to finish, now we know where the Tobestar came from, and why u kept him Jill, goin back to bed now--been readin this fae half 6.! Gnite -_-

WELL THAT WAS good readin fae start to finish, now we know where the Tobestar came from, and why u kept him Jill, goin back to bed now--been readin this fae half 6.! Gnite -_-

Lol Scooby, now you can see why he is my special wee boy :wub:

Im not sure if any of the guys from this original post are still on here, I see Jill isn't. I have just been looking over the post and just wanted to say that for all these years i have had the most AMAZING companion in Codie. He has been the best dog ever and lived to a good age, however for the last 2 years he has had mitral heart disease and progressively his lungs have been filling with fluid. The weekend was horrendous and with a broken heart I had to make an appointment today with the vet to have him put to sleep, on Monday coming at 6 pm.
I feel terrible that I lost touch with you guys, but Susan rest assured that Robbies son was well looked after and a great dog and will be sadly missed. Really sorry I need to go before i electrocute myself crying on to me computer electrics.
Please all say a prayer for Codie on Monday at 6pm.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry... this thread was before my time but what beautiful pups they all were. I'm sure Codie has had the best life he possibly could and I hope that will give you some comfort xx

My condolences too. Remember the good times and spoil yourselves over the weekend. We will think of you on Monday.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back