The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Front Leg Amputation

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
HURRAY ...... I am so pleased for you and Arnie :D

What fantastic news!

I can understand your joy and your anxiety too - although like everyone says Arnie will be fine. :thumbsup:

:luck: for him being home tomorrow.

:huggles: and :luck: to you both. :flowers:

What brillant news :)

Hope all goes well for you both :huggles: :luck:

I think the main thing to remember when he comes home is not to try to wrap him up in cotton wool . It will be very upsetting for you to see him at first but it won't be upsetting for him . So try to remain cheerful and happy for him he will pick up on your feelings and if you are miserable he won't know why . ;)
Very good point from Alison here.

You're bound to be worried no matter how well you've prepared yourself mentally, Sarah,

so maybe go that extra mile with your imagination and get positive before you collect Arnie :thumbsup:

I know you can do it 'cos you've been so brilliant already, girl :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm so excited to speak to the vet today. I am going to try so hard to be positive and Hula you make a good point to say that I shouldn't wrap him up in cotton wool. Its going to be hard to treat him normally but I think that is what he needs.

I'll see how he goes but may have to go and get some rugs as we have wooden and tiled floors downstairs.

I will keep you updated and I'm sure that once I get the go ahead for him coming home, Im going to come running to K9 to let you all know! :)

morning sarah ,good luck for today , will be thinking of you today

:huggles:

Yes good luck Sarah - will look in from work for news later :thumbsup:

brilliant news (w00t) so glad arnies doing so well :thumbsup:

sarah you will cope just fine,so dont worry too much :huggles:

That's great news Sarah, I'm sure he'll be a lot happier when he gets home. Max certainly was. :thumbsup:

Good news from our vet visit too. There seems to be some bone growth! He'll have an xray at the end of the month to confirm, but it is looking more positive for him keeping the leg! Can't say for sure until the xray though. :thumbsup:

Yes we have got a diffuser which works while Tiny is in the house, but I need to get a DAP collar for on walks which is when he gets really scared. We had a visitor today who made the mistake of looking right at Tiny when she spoke to him, and he shot off to hide! :wacko:

That's great news Sarah, I'm sure he'll be a lot happier when he gets home. Max certainly was. :thumbsup:
Good news from our vet visit too. There seems to be some bone growth! He'll have an xray at the end of the month to confirm, but it is looking more positive for him keeping the leg! Can't say for sure until the xray though. :thumbsup:

Yes we have got a diffuser which works while Tiny is in the house, but I need to get a DAP collar for on walks which is when he gets really scared. We had a visitor today who made the mistake of looking right at Tiny when she spoke to him, and he shot off to hide! :wacko:
Oh Claire, thats fantastic news, way to go! Lets hope the bone growth continues and he goes from strength to strength.

Poor Tiny....Im sure the collar would help but I guess he won't be himself till Max is up and about again.

He's coming home tomorrow!!!!! Wooooooohooooooooo!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED (I can't work out the emoticons but if I could find the dancing one, that would be me!!!!)

He had a good night, they removed the drains this morning and so far so good. He is off of the drip, has eaten, has been out for a little walk, been to the loo and is now lying on his bed...

I told the nurse she had made my day, she said she was going to go and cuddle Arnie for me and give him a big kiss and tell him he's seeing his Mummy tomorrow! I thought that was just the nicest thing she could have said to me.

So, tomorrow is D-Day! Im nervous and excited and just cannot wait. I have been told to call before I leave just to make sure, so looks like I have another night on tenterhooks.

Hope you're all having a good day at work and thanks for checking in on Arnie :)

(w00t) great news,i think it's made everybody that's been following this topics day :thumbsup: lots of :huggles: :huggles: and :luck: :luck: for tomorrow. Juliex

What fantastic news! Whooohooo! Arnie's coming home (w00t) :teehee: :huggles: :flowers: :cheers: :D

fantastic news sarah, :huggles:

hope you manage to sleep tonight :-

dancing_2.gif
dancing_2.gif
dancing_2.gif
dancing_2.gif

dancingsmiley.gif
dancingsmiley.gif

dancing_2.gif
dancing_2.gif
dancing_2.gif
dancing_2.gif

aww gret news, you won't be able to stop yourself from spoiling him ! I bet he ends up getting carried upstairs each night to sleep in your bed (w00t)

big kisses to Arnie, he must've said..................................................'I'll be back !' (w00t)

Tra la la, tra la la ............................

Oh, ok :b - so I can't sing! But I would if I could!!!

Hope the red carpet is out for Arnie and I expect you

will be taking the rest of the week off work :thumbsup:

I can only check in in the evenings now I'm back to work

so I shall be itching to find out if he is home tomorrow :sweating: :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed, hun :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Awww thanks guys - and Jane, I love your singing!

I found myself unable to sit down again tonight...went to Pets At Home and bought him some elevated feeding bowls and a couple of new toys. His little bed is here all ready and waiting with his baby sheet, clean blankets, two new toys and his raised bowls....My husband said it looks like we have a very important guest coming....Arnie's coming home, doesn't get much more important than that.

My Dad has offered to come with me to collect him (soooo pleased), I was dreading the drive home alone and also a little worried about how I will be when I see him. I know I will be okay having my Dad with me. Bless him, he's taking the day off of work.

So, fingers crossed he gets the all clear in the morning and we are good to go.

I will log on when I can to let you all know how he's doing.

I know I keep saying it but you guys have kept me sane for the past two weeks. I couldn't have gotten through this without your constant positive support. Thank you all so much (oh no, Im welling up again...this is starting to feel like an Oscar acceptance speech!) :wub:

Nite nite all.

x

Thats wonderful news. :luck: :luck: good luck for tomorrow :thumbsup: I'll be thinking of you both :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back