The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Excessive biting!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a Female Pug cross staffie and she is terrible for biting but she is only 13 weeks old in fact 2 of her siblings the new owners tried to return them because of their biting but I am please to hear it does get better .She used to be easily distracted by a chew toy but that is short lived for her now so we are doing the time out instead and hopefully she will be a bit less bitey and when she s not bitey she s very licky she thinks I am her personal lolly.
Yeah Giz is exactly the same... He loves sticking his tongue right inside your ear.. Gross! He does still get quite bitey when he gets over excited... Normally if we are sitting down trying to chill and he wants to play. Walks don't seem to help but we've found taking him out to garden and kicking a ball around with him is a good distraction.. It normally tires him out for a bit too. I've bought him one of those meat filled bones to eat later to give us a bit of a break... He's so demanding!

I recommend giving a few minutes of time outs. This link may help :) - How to Give Your Dog a Time-out
hi I have a staffy American pitbull mix called azzie we got him at 11 weeks old had him for 2 weeks now and I have major concerns into his biting and nipping he doesn't do it to me or if he does he listens to no and I distract with toys or chew bone but the real problem is with my wife he constantly nips her and bites her she has done everything like I have but he goes back to nip and bite her and to my kids too anyone can give me more advice and no I haven't use any negative reinforcement like spraying water or the bottle with pebbles and have tried the ouch no and all the other ways, also at night he gets a hyper active spell normally around 1am please help

hi I have a staffy American pitbull mix called azzie we got him at 11 weeks old had him for 2 weeks now and I have major concerns into his biting and nipping he doesn't do it to me or if he does he listens to no and I distract with toys or chew bone but the real problem is with my wife he constantly nips her and bites her she has done everything like I have but he goes back to nip and bite her and to my kids too anyone can give me more advice and no I haven't use any negative reinforcement like spraying water or the bottle with pebbles and have tried the ouch no and all the other ways, also at night he gets a hyper active spell normally around 1am please help

You have only had him 2 weeks, just persevere with the advice given earlier in this thread. Everyone in the household has to be consistent - as soon as teeth touch skin, walk out; end of fun. By 1.00 am he is probably over tired too so try to have him settled in bed by then.

You have only had him 2 weeks, just persevere with the advice given earlier in this thread. Everyone in the household has to be consistent - as soon as teeth touch skin, walk out; end of fun. By 1.00 am he is probably over tired too so try to have him settled in bed by then.
Ok thank you

@David B Try and get him into a good daily routine. Example: Morning food-7:30am walk-8:30am then lunch 12:45pm. Dinner 6:00pm and late night walk 7pm. settle down for bed 11pm . I'm guessing you understand what i mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back