The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gold @Excuseme Pregnancy Diary

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yes Judy, we do a lot of beating in the winter, so all of our girls work with us during the shooting season.
They are legally docked by our vet, each puppy has a license which has to correspond with it's micro-chip details too. I have considered working type homes first, although this can not be guaranteed for all puppies. It is very difficult as the tails have to be docked at a very young age.
The tails are a good length, (not too short), they cover and protect their bottoms and private bits easily, they still wag extremely fast!!

Thanks! Don't worry, I didn't for a moment think that they might have been docked illegally or for cosmetic reasons :) I was just interested (or nosy;)).

The puppies started leaving home on friday, we have heard from their new families and so far everything is ok. We have one more to leave this coming friday.
Sika does not miss the two that have already gone, she pops in to see them from time to time (probably more interested it what bones she may find ! ) and then gets out quickly, Phew!! :rolleyes:

She's probably glad for the peace and quiet!

Have you named your new girl yet?

Maybe we could all have a chance at tempting you with a name?

How are the puppies getting on at there new home? How is your puppy doing?

RESIZED Sika Dainty & VJ  013.jpg
RESIZED  DAINTY & VJ MAY 2018 010.jpg
RESIZED DAINTY & VJ  011.jpg
"Happy Families" Mum with "Dainty" and "Vejay".
The two puppies are a bundle of extreme energy, they come to their individual names, they have never messed in the house, vaccinations are not yet finished but there is no big rush.

Gorgeous! Lovely colours :)

Gorgeous! Are you keeping both Dainty and Vejay?

Woo hoo! You could do a special diary on how to raise two pups at once. Not necessarily as a 'how to'... it could also be a horrible warning:D

Wow they are huge! very cute does the other one have a home yet? im sure someone will be quick to get there hands on a cute little fluff ball :). i like @JudyN´s idea of a diary on two puppies.

I would never recommend trying to raise 2 puppies of the same age to anyone!
We have done it twice, the first time we lasted for 6 months, eventually one had to go!!:eek: We were both working and it was a stupid thing to do.(that was 24 years ago)
Second time was 6 years ago when we kept Sika and her sister. This worked perfectly well, husband was retired and home all day, it worked well. We then bought another puppy 2 months later ( I had been waiting for her for 2 years and was not going to miss getting her).
They all grew up very easily, we spent time with each and gave them separate tuition each daily, loads of freedom and walks on the Downs.
NO young children anywhere in our house!!
Looking back on the situation we were very lucky to have survived:rolleyes: and the house is still in one piece!:eek:

Last edited:
Wow! so you had an extreme case of littermate syndrome on your hands with them two.

I wouldn't say that, but we just didn't have the time that was required 24 years ago.
I really can't remember the details.
Did "littermate syndrome" actually exist 24 years ago!

It's play time again! :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek:
The girls are growing up, but play times are a "Must":rolleyes:
After a good hard play the girls just crash out and sleep it off for an hour or so.
RESIZED Dainty & VJ & others 26th May 2018 014.jpg
RESIZED Dainty & VJ & others 26th May 2018 012.jpg
RESIZED Dainty & VJ & others 26th May 2018 011.jpg
RESIZED Dainty & VJ & others 26th May 2018 008.jpg
RESIZED Dainty & VJ & others 26th May 2018 006.jpg
RESIZED Dainty & VJ & others 26th May 2018 001.jpg

Shock Horror!! :eek::eek:
I have just noticed in the first picture how empty Vejay's tummy looks. It must be the way she was lying:rolleyes:

Aw, I bet you could watch them play all day - and breathe a sigh of relief when they crash!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back