The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

How Many Whippets Do You Need To Have A Pack?

How Many Whippets Do You Need To Have A Pack?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 8 or over (im assuming everyone will agree 8 is a pack number)

• Total voters

k4tie-d

StarR Collars
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i was disscussing this the other day and we had mixed opinions of what we though was a pack of dogs. i just wondered what people consider a pack.

i have 2 and i dont consider them a pack yet, im not even sure if i would see 3/4 as a pack.

i think 5.

is there a set number you have to have before you can call them a pack??

As far as I'm concerned, 2 is a pair and 3 is a pack. When you add that third one there is definitely a change in the dynamics and you have yourself a pack (w00t)

TCx

I voted for 2. Simply because I see other household members as part of the pack as well. Since it's my mum and myself and 2 whippets in the house and I think of us as a pack. But I guess if you were thinking purely of a pack of dogs, excluding humans, I'd say 3 or above.

More than one is pack in my view, any-thing that doesn't work with an independent mind and that has to consider another constitutes a pack. I have two and they operate as a pack with no shadow of a doubt.

TC said:
As far as I'm concerned, 2 is a pair and 3 is a pack. When you add that third one there is definitely a change in the dynamics and you have yourself a pack  (w00t)
TCx

i would say the same as tc, i noticed the change in the dynamics when the 3rd came :D

controversial said:
trish g said:
TC said:
As far as I'm concerned, 2 is a pair and 3 is a pack. When you add that third one there is definitely a change in the dynamics and you have yourself a pack  (w00t)
TCx

i would say the same as tc, i noticed the change in the dynamics when the 3rd came :D

nagh,sevens a pack (w00t) 3 is a breeze (w00t)

:lol: :lol: Ditto :thumbsup:

6 is a pack without a doubt but 3 is when my pack started :thumbsup:

Ella and Jinny still operate as a pair within the pack tho' :D

Legally, 3 is a pack, as far as I remember.... the 'hunting with dogs' regulations defines it, I believe - but someone with more time than me (book deadline = end of year) can probably find it - may be obsolete by now

m

I voted 3, 2 is a pair and 3 or more becomes a pack. Thats my opinion. When my lot are out and off the leads i only have 2 off at a time otherwise it's a nightmare they form their pack and gang up on other dogs, the arguments i've had with people because of it it's just not worth the headache. Clare

I think that 3 is a pack, OK sort of mini-pack :)

This is a real pack

100_1395send.jpg

Oh look's like i have a pack then :thumbsup:

I have five dogs (not all whippets) but they are definitely a pack when all out off lead together..they all run together and play like a pack of skinny wolves..when there was just the three whippets they definitely behaved more singularly at home too..

i have to say 2 both my 2 have such strong pack instincts together but i suppose i will really notice the difference when number 3 comes along

Ive voted 3....I always thought anything over 2 was a pack..

a pack is one more than I can persuade hubby to let me have :- " :blink:

In my opinion you see the changes in the higherarchy when you add a 3rd dog

Whilst there are two they are usually happy to buzz along together, but when a

3rd is added I have definately experienced the attitude to who is top dog/bitch appear.

Also, when out as many posters have already said, I to have noticed more of a pack attitude when off lead.

But it is difficult to stick to 2 when you love dogs :b

affieluver said:
i have to say 2 both my 2 have such strong pack instincts together but i suppose i will really notice the difference when number 3 comes along
Is this soon Kelly :))

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back