The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I Was Absolutely Furious!!!!!!!!!&

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
ranting on an open forum and alerting lots of people who phone asking questions only makes the seller realise they have a dog that will command a higher price, why not keep quite and go and buy the dog?
I agree that in the future if something like this comes up then go and get the dog quietly if possible.

I believe there are enough people on this site that would not only support the purchasing of a dog in this situation but also with the rehoming.

Good luck Jinnyfizz. Im happy to donate, what ever the cost.
somtimes that may not be possible and somone may no of a dog that needs help but hasnt the means to buy it or o look at it as its to far away so putting it on here gives it a better chance of somone being in a position to help ,think maybe the only thing we should of done differently was to ask people not to call her as we had it covered and wait until she was safley away :)

i agree nicky sometimes these things are just not possible to do without help this forum is one place where people will pull together in times of need to help each other it does sound like the women is just trying to get what she can for the poor little mite i do hope this has a happy ending for the little girl after all its what we all want :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ranting on an open forum and alerting lots of people who phone asking questions only makes the seller realise they have a dog that will command a higher price, why not keep quite and go and buy the dog?
I agree that in the future if something like this comes up then go and get the dog quietly if possible.

I believe there are enough people on this site that would not only support the purchasing of a dog in this situation but also with the rehoming.

somtimes that may not be possible and somone may no of a dog that needs help but hasnt the means to buy it or o look at it as its to far away so putting it on here gives it a better chance of somone being in a position to help ,think maybe the only thing we should of done differently was to ask people not to call her as we had it covered and wait until she was safley away :)

True, Nicky :thumbsup:

TBH I believe that most K9ers have brains and would have realised right from the start of this thread that I was contacting the advertiser with a view to buying this whippet anyway.

Hopefully it is only reactive ranting without proactively doing something about a situation which creates cause and effect as suggested above :thumbsup:

Once again, a huge thank you to all those who have offered their support and encouragement. I have heard from the advertiser tonight and she is now waiting for the dog to finish her season and is happy for me to have her after that subject to my suitability. I would certainly expect to be "vetted" anyway so no problems there :D

True, Nicky :thumbsup:

TBH I believe that most K9ers have brains and would have realised right from the start of this thread that I was contacting the advertiser with a view to buying this whippet anyway.

Hopefully it is only reactive ranting without proactively doing something about a situation which creates cause and effect as suggested above :thumbsup:

Once again, a huge thank you to all those who have offered their support and encouragement. I have heard from the advertiser tonight and she is now waiting for the dog to finish her season and is happy for me to have her after that subject to my suitability. I would certainly expect to be "vetted" anyway so no problems there :D
thats good news jane :thumbsup:

Well done Jane Fingers crossed she will be with you soon If I can help in anyway let me know

Just caught up with this thread and the sellers story about uni etc struck a nerve. About 4years ago now I answered an ad about rehoming a whippet bitch and we went to see her. This was in the Aberdare area and I have a feeling its the same woman don't ask me why.

We did go along to see her dog and took Macy our whippet. The lady already had another dog I think it was a spaniel that she was keeping. Our Macy didnt really get along with her dog and it just didnt feel right.

I just hope there is a happy ending to this story and that she will eventually lets this little girl go.

Just caught up with this thread and the sellers story about uni etc struck a nerve. About 4years ago now I answered an ad about rehoming a whippet bitch and we went to see her. This was in the Aberdare area and I have a feeling its the same woman don't ask me why.
We did go along to see her dog and took Macy our whippet. The lady already had another dog I think it was a spaniel that she was keeping. Our Macy didnt really get along with her dog and it just didnt feel right.

I just hope there is a happy ending to this story and that she will eventually lets this little girl go.

The whippet in question is two and a half, but she did have another whippet which she has apparently rehomed.

It does sound very coincidental :eek:

Could you let the website, this bitch is being sold on , know about her price variations ? I dont think its right she keeps changing price

Its sound to me as if she should be on Ebay :eek: :clown:

Kidding :rant:

Be aware there are dog pedlars who use "rehoming" as a selling tool ie knowing that people who are true animal lovers read the ad and are compelled to act once interest has been shown they will continue to be evasive and difficult to make the potential buyer/homer pay more to remove the dog from the terrible situation, i am not deriding what you are trying to do and i have the upmost respect, but it is not the correct way for the situation

Hope all goes well Jane :luck: Good on you :thumbsup: If you need any help just let me know :thumbsup:

I am now in regular contact with the owner and this afternoon she has asked for Nicky to arrange to call and see the whippet :thumbsup:

thats good news Jane, maybe you might be able to get her to remove the advert now?? :)

I am now in regular contact with the owner and this afternoon she has asked for Nicky to arrange to call and see the whippet :thumbsup:

Good news Jane :thumbsup: Good on ya Nicky :thumbsup:

Oh Jane thats good news :huggles:

Thats good news Jane, please let me know if i can help in any way financially, wish i could offer a home but can't at the moment :(

that is such good news if you need help with the money count me in wish i could have her but a little soon yet in a month or six weeks then i would have seriously considered her if shes safe with kids

She currently lives with a family who have a 3 year old, Sue. She is absolutely fine with him :D and she also lives with 2 cats and is great friends with them too :thumbsup:

Good luck, that's great things are looking up for her :luck: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back