The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I'm Back Online - Not For Fainthearted

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Tracy Chamberlain said:
"Can I just come in and watch as I've heard about your hole"  (w00t)  
(w00t)

Tracy, that sounds totally revolting but I LOVE this sort of thing ... can we get daily updates on aforementioned hole? It sounds like you've had a really poo time, so glad you have the wee darlings to keep your spirits up.

GET WELL SOON!!! :huggles: :luck:

OMG Tracy, you poor thing - what a ghastly experience!!! (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Completely horrible for you you and your family :( , but I have to agree with ILKC - I would have been one of those who had to take a gruesome look! :oops: (ex-vet nurse comes out in me occasionally :- " )

Hope you are on the mend very soon, and that you are being well looked after by the dear old NHS - and Ollie and Jake of course!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor you, that sounds horrible. Hopefully you will feel better really soon. :huggles:

Well, I have to say pix would be good! Sorry to all the squeamish (w00t)

ILoveKettleChips said:
~Helen~ said:
ILoveKettleChips said:
Tracy Chamberlain said:
(w00t)

Tracy, that sounds totally revolting but I LOVE this sort of thing ... can we get daily updates on aforementioned hole?

Yeah, I'm thinking pics... :- " :blink: :teehee:

[SIZE=21pt]YES![/SIZE]

OMG! I'll be sick if you do that! :x

Hope you are loads better soon. :luck:

poor poor you, that sounds absolutely ghastly. i hope that your puppies are looking after you well. good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Hope you have a speedy recovery Tracy :luck: :luck: :luck:

What are you lot like pics indeed :wacko: :lol:

:huggles: :huggles: poor you tracy, hope you get better very soon :huggles: :huggles:

Hi Tracey, thats really terrible (w00t) Hope you get better real soon :luck: :luck:

Get well soon Tracy :luck:

I have to say I'm a little dissapointed with that nurse reacting like that as it does little for your motivation! Has all the necrotised tissue gone now and has healing begun yet?

ILoveKettleChips said:
~Helen~ said:
ILoveKettleChips said:
Tracy Chamberlain said:
(w00t)

Tracy, that sounds totally revolting but I LOVE this sort of thing ... can we get daily updates on aforementioned hole?

Yeah, I'm thinking pics... :- " :blink: :teehee:

[SIZE=21pt]YES![/SIZE]

LOL! I thought I was bad but you are soooooooooooo bad ILKC!! But yes please, pictures!!!!

Sorry Tracy, I hope you are healing and feeling better soon, we miss you at ringcraft!! (w00t) LOL!!!

Why did I know that Dessie would be asking for photos as well. :x :lol:

OMG you lot are insane!!!!

As an ex vet nurse who used to see bodies opened up daily, and some serious wounds I thought I would be able to handle anything. I have been known to stitch up a number of my friends over the years (Womens football can be a bit rough lol) but nothing prepared me for seeing this huge hole in my body. I got a bit disressed after seeing it as I couldn't envision it ever healing (I blame the anaesthetic for any tears shed :b )

I have been assured that it is looking very healthy, and the cells are granulating nicely now, but for two weeks I kept getting the same answer when I asked if it was any smaller;

"It's lovely and clean Tracy, that's the important thing"

I'm not sure whether any of the nurses will take any pics for me as I wouldn't be able to take them myself because of where it is. (They held a mirror for me so that I could see right inside, very accomodating don't you think!) I need someone to help me post pics without actually seeing them as I don't think I'm ready for it yet.

I just can't wait for the day that they cut off a bit of the gauze as they don't need all twenty meters :blink:

It will get better Tracy, I was a nurse, seen allsorts........Your little cavity will be fine......Make sure you eat well and stay healthy :luck:

Jo

pollyanna said:
Hi Tracey - Nasty! :x   I was a District Sister for a while (well, over 20 years) and had some pretty nasty wounds to pack. After the main infection cleared, we usually used a foam substance that was mixed once or twice a week, poured into the hole, and it took on the shape.  The patients then could bath (well, shower usually) and once the wound was air dried (use a hair drier on cool) the foam replaced (washed in special solution beforereplacing).  That way the patients had more freedom and we only needed to visit a couple of times a week to make a new packing.It may be a bit early yet for this, but you could ask your nurse about it and the possibility as you start to heal. We found that the less interference the better - didn't keep scraping at the new forming flesh. The good thing is, I never had one that didn't heal eventually.

Oh, do make sure you eat well - maybe take a vitamin supplement with zinc and eat lots of protein.

Above all, have plenty of cuddles with the boys!!!! :wub:

Hope this helps.  Janet

Edited to say I just re-read you mail and you may not be allowed protein with a kidney problem

Hi Janet,

In a sick sort of way it is lovely to know someone who has dealt with stuff like this!!!

One of the nurses that did my dressing change last week was talking about a gel that she had to use on another patient who had a similar wound, but he had been having treatment for about three months! His was an abscess in a rather awkward place  :x

I have been very good and am taking vitamins and eating very healthily to keep the level of toxins in my body as low as poss, lots of greens which I hate  :(

As far as cuddles with boys, try and stop me lol

:luck: :luck: :luck: Tracey.

It must be very frustrating being immobile- but...feet up on a sun lounger in the garden and make sure you are being properly waited on...ice cream, pimms, magazines :D

by the time you've healed up you'll have a great tan 8)

Rae said:
:luck:   :luck:   :luck:   Tracey.
It must be very frustrating being immobile- but...feet up on a sun lounger in the garden and make sure you are being properly waited on...ice cream, pimms, magazines  :D

by the time you've healed up you'll have a great tan  8)

:b Bit embarrassing actualy Rae as I am on a sunlounger at the moment (w00t) Because I can't sit on a chair, I have to be in a semi reclining position and a sunlounger, the settee and bed are the only places I can be.............

As for the waiter service, the dogs are trying their best and keep bringing me things to amuse myself, squeeky toys, balls that I have to throw for them, plants that they have lovingly pruned for me as they know I can't do it at the moment, the list is endless really.................

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back