The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jasper's diary

Discussion in 'Dog Diaries' started by JudyN, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Whippylove

Whippylove Active Member Registered

Marley is the same, if he knows he's going for a walk or during play then thats when he starts to disco dance!

2. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

That would fit into the general arousal (not sexual, just excitement) description then @Josie. Timber does it if he is both excited and a little unconfident in his environment. In hindsight I wish I had had him neutered a little later but you can't sew them back on!

Whippylove likes this.
  3. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Thanks @JoanneF - as Josie says, it's a great article. With Jasper, it's overexcitement too. He has a lively time when he's just had his tea and that's the time when if I play with him - or try to do my yoga - he'll get that look in his eye...

Of the two girls he tried to mount, one had just come out of season. The other was a 7-month-old pointer and he was really persistent, though I don't think she had her first season for some time after. With the cockerpoo, it's definitely overexcitement from play, but I'm not quite sure what's going on there as he's never played with another dog like that. He can be a bit of a bully and doesn't really self-handicap (apart from when playing chase) so he gets a bit rough and I have to make sure F is still up for it, and give them breaks if J gets a bit intense.

The other dog was a lab who had several medical problems and was on medication. Jasper was completely OTT with him, and had his lipstick;) well and truly out which he hasn't on the other occasions. I had to put a stop to that as he really wasn't going to take no for an answer.

I do find it fascinating how different he is with different dogs. But then humans are the same too, aren't we? We're all choosy to some extent about who we hump with:D

He has been known to do it with his bed too but I discourage that simply because he likes to grab it in his mouth as well and make big holes in it. When he was young and did it more he had a special octopus toy I encouraged him to use instead.

JoanneF and Whippylove like this.
  4. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

Oh @JudyN that did make me laugh!

5. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Woof!

Yesterday we spotted a big tree-eater!!! It was eating great big normous tree trunks as if they were tripe sticks and pooing them straight out the other end in teeny weeny bits that went flying through the air! (A bit like when I had a very poorly tummy, Mum says.) It was very noisy too and I was a bit worried. But I know I can tell Mum if I'm frightened and she won't make me do anything I find too scary so I was a Brave Boy and walked past it with her.

[​IMG]

Then I looked at her to ask if I got a treat for being a Brave Boy and she told me I certainly deserved one. It was very nice and is called 'Leftover Broken Bits of Crackers' :)

Sezzy, Josie, arealhuman and 2 others like this.
  6. Caro Perry

Caro Perry Well-Known Member Registered

Ooh Harri loves left over bits of crackers too Jasper. Things like that make the best treats.

Violet Turner likes this.
  7. Violet Turner

Violet Turner Well-Known Member Registered

Olive loves bits of crackers to! and Digestives without chocolate :)