The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

K9 Hacked

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Juley said:
boothros said:
Zephyr said:
Did a scan on Norton Antivirus and nothing detected BUT when I try to use my assistant to call up recent posts, this message comes up :(   :(
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_int_array() in /home/book17r/public_html/forums/sources/search.php on line 83

Nigel, what does this mean? :wacko:

Im still having this problem Zephyr are you? Its happening in particular when viewing posts, and then trying to go back a page.

Still happening to me too and I didn't get the email.!

Yep, still happening this morning! :( :(

I was posting on a thread when I got kicked off. Mcafee detected a threat and wouldn't let me back on.

Do you know who hacked into the system and can you find out? Was it anything to do with that test e-mail from Wax yesterday?

Last edited by a moderator:
mandy21 said:
I was posting on a thread when I got kicked off.  Mcafee detected a threat and wouldn't let me back on. 
Do you know who hacked into the system and can you find out?  Was it anything to do with that test e-mail from Wax yesterday?

Yes, that was the one :rant:

I'll turn the board off line in about 30 minutes to update a few files & hopefully fix this error on line 83 when you try to do a search.

Zephyr said:
Juley said:
boothros said:
Zephyr said:
Did a scan on Norton Antivirus and nothing detected BUT when I try to use my assistant to call up recent posts, this message comes up :(   :(
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_int_array() in /home/book17r/public_html/forums/sources/search.php on line 83

Nigel, what does this mean? :wacko:

Im still having this problem Zephyr are you? Its happening in particular when viewing posts, and then trying to go back a page.

Still happening to me too and I didn't get the email.!

Yep, still happening this morning! :( :(

That's a problem that I will fix later today - nothing to worry about, just inconvenient...

yep i got the virus called bloodhound norton said it couldnt fix it :( hubby did a full scan so i'm hoping everything is ok now :rant: :rant:

i've got it! or rather i've given it to the work pc's (w00t)

My puter is at my brothers being fixed, so am accessing my emails at work during lunch. Yep, i blummin opened it, yep, i'm an idiot, yep, I'm frantically trying to squash the b****r!

AVG has found it, but is having no luck removing it. System restore is in a different place on these machines from mine at home so guess i'm off hunting now

Has anyone got a virtual whippet i could send in after it??????

Yep I got it too :rant: - I was daft enough to open the email. Think all is OK now fingers crossed.

boothros said:
boom said:
i would recomend (bitdefender 9 pro)

its got antispam firewall and anti virus in one

i never had any problems with this program

Yeah McAfee is much the same & went after those old trogans all right. Normally it warns me about stuff but lets me continue what I was doing if I so choose. Not yesterday tho, it wasnt having any of it. Coudnt clean em, couldnt quarantine em, in fact coulnt do anything much till I killed the critters. Went on last night at work at about 9 as OH texted to say all seemed ok, all was ok. Tried to go back on at 05 30, today and was barred by a new Google based virus guard that Ive never seen before. So glad that I didnt have Ninas bad luck tho otherwise Id be lookin for a new job today. By the way, OH got the Email but I didnt. Cant thank McAfee enough, had Norton for years & this wipes the floor with it.

i used McAfee for a good year and fort it was ace but whiles on a

trip to take my m8 computer to a friend (the pc doctor) he told me

to get rid of it as it slows down your (cpu) and reli dosent work as good

as (bitdefender)..

so i did and i think its even better than McAfee...

if you want it just pm me and i'll sort it for you..you might find it better pal

be safe :thumbsup:

mazza said:
I tried to log on at about 4 this afternoon and up popped that really scarey figure from AVG telling me I've got a virus in the works.Done a complete system check and the infection I got is now quarantined although it appears I cannot quarantine or heal all these malicious files but I'm hoping no further damage can be done. I haven't had many viruses infect my pc but when the AVG program tells you cannot move them to the virus vault, (omg, a virus which avg is telling me I have but cannot quarantine) it makes me feel a bit worried about how powerful these trogans are and are they removed or rendered harmless before damaging other files. AVG is very good at detecting bugs but what's more important is actually getting rid of the damn things.

The files were java veri bytes something or other in the temp internet folders.

It makes me so angry that some people enjoy wreaking havoc on innnocent web users. :rant:

Did anybody else get a shock this afternoon.

i think i got the same as you too,im running avg again but last night it said it wasnt able to get rid or move it,so what now :blink:

since last night to today ive aquired another 4 viruses,so could be spreading about. wish i had more ideas on computers.

as far as i know iv not been affected at all. how do you know you'v got a virus? do i need to do a scan for one, iv know idea about these thing and my OH is just as bad :wacko:

melanie said:
as far as i know iv not been affected at all. how do you know you'v got a virus? do i need to do a scan for one, iv know idea about these thing and my OH is just as bad :wacko:
Melanie, when did u last update and run your anti virus prog, have u got virus protection

keith

melanie said:
i would run a scan on your system,just to be on the safe side.

i got an alert to say my comp was infected.after running avg anti virus

im still getting black boxes come on to the screen saying ive made an illegal something or other,and theres usually 7 boxes at a time.

im crap where comps are concerned,so ive no idea either. sorry

trish and graham said:
melanie said:
i would run a scan on your system,just to be on the safe side.

i got an alert to say my comp was infected.after running avg anti virus

im still getting black boxes come on to the screen saying ive made an illegal something or other,and theres usually 7 boxes at a time.

im crap where comps are concerned,so ive no idea either. sorry

Theres nobody more crap on comps than me, i come into em late on in life, but theres nowt to worry about anything can be shifted these days if you have the right stuff in the first place on your comp

keith

boothros said:
Cant thank McAfee enough, had Norton for years & this wipes the floor with it.
Funny - I prefer Nortons over McAffee.

BTW I opened it, but was really wary, and Nortons stomped it before it did anything. The second I clicked it flashed up that it stopped an attack.

So for this one Nortons was on top of it before it could do any damage or get inside.

Please everyone get some good antiviruses and firewalls. AND keep them up to date!! If you've got one and it let it slip through chances are it wasn't updated recently.

For me I don't mind paying subscriptions if it means I don't have to reformat my hard drive and run the risk of losing things....

Must my .02

Wendy

midlanderkeith said:
melanie said:
Melanie, when did u last update and run your anti virus prog, have u got virus protection

keith

yes keith my OH said we had virus protection which he got from aol, im not sure now if thats enough? i really dont know anything about it :(

melanie said:
midlanderkeith said:
melanie said:

keith

yes keith my OH said we had virus protection which he got from aol, im not sure now if thats enough? i really dont know anything about it :(

Ok mel have u a firewall, if you arent sure, click start, run, type in MSCONFIG, click ok, then the services tag, have a look see if the windows firewall is ticked and running, i dont rely on the windows one myself, but its better than nowt

thats for starters

keith

me and wendy both have AVG anti-virus i check for updates every 2 days and scan every 3 days i also have a firewall and ad-aware and spybot search and destroy spywareblaster and windows defender but i still get a virus every now and then its not the anti virus but the kids that download files with the virus

Tony

midlanderkeith said:
melanie said:
midlanderkeith said:
melanie said:

keith

Ok mel have u a firewall, if you arent sure, click start, run, type in MSCONFIG, click ok, then the services tag, have a look see if the windows firewall is ticked and running, i dont rely on the windows one myself, but its better than nowt

thats for starters

keith

thanks for that keith :thumbsup: had a look and yes its ticked and running, what other virus protection can i get?

melanie said:
midlanderkeith said:
melanie said:
midlanderkeith said:
melanie said:

keith

thats for starters

keith

thanks for that keith :thumbsup: had a look and yes its ticked and running, what other virus protection can i get?

Ok Mel, as i say im not much for the windows firewall but forget that fer now, you need to download then update, AVG, THE FREE EDITION, when u get time go do it one thing at once ok, dont worry if when u use avg it finds any nasties, it tells you how to handle em

keith

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back