The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kongs

Cornish

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thanks to everyone who suggested to get a Kong each for my two.

Ben will destroy any toy he is given within minutes but this Kong is now a good few days strong and they both love it if we go out as I stuff it and give it to them before we go.

I did buy a few Kong biscuits to try them out with but I must admit they don't look all that nice so wondered what those of you who have also got Kongs for your dogs put in them?

Ben had a bit of banana last night, which he went wild for, Sidney had his favourite doggy chocolate drops (far to easy to get though)

So what do you put in yours?

TIA :thumbsup:

peanut butter here too :)

i also cram it quite full with fruit and biscuits - the peanut butter seems to help it all stick together - yuk.

not sure if chicken biscuits go with pineapple, banana and peanut butter - but they all seem to love it :thumbsup:

I never thought of putting banana in it. that's a good idea.

I brought those kong biscuits and it didn't really last very long with Austin.

He destroys his toy too, but his kong has lasted and now we got him a kong frisbe!

I use whatever I have around - often peanut butter,

sometimes a slice ortwo of bread (wholemeal) with a scraping of bovril for added flavour,

tinned fish (needs a good wash afterwards though)

left overs from the human table.

the possibilities are endless :D

My dogs don't use kongs now but I used to use a scrape of marmite for Milly-lab, or peanut butter... but the SLOBBER from Milly meant she only got her kong outside (w00t) :lol:

ooooooh do they like peanut butter?

Never thought of that, thanks everyone :thumbsup:

I put corned beef in mine pack it in good and it lasts them ages and they like peanut butter and jam yummy keeps em quiet for ages :cheers:

A lot of the BARF/RMB people put in mince and sundry other goodies, with peanut butter at both ends, then freeze it. They can spend hours eating their way through a doggie ice-cream-equivalent.

good luck

ms

Eceni said:
A lot of the BARF/RMB people put in mince and sundry other goodies, with peanut butter at both ends, then freeze it.  They can spend hours eating their way through a doggie ice-cream-equivalent.
good luck

ms

Oh I like that idea :thumbsup:

we stick carrotts in ours get one slightly bigger than the hole and realy jam it in will take hours and hours to get out :D

squashed up corned beef/peanut butter/beef paste for gypsy :thumbsup:

glad they like them :lol: i put corned beef broken biscuits and cream cheese in mine and they love them :lol:

affieluver said:
glad they like them :lol: i put corned beef broken biscuits and cream cheese in mine and they love them  :lol:

I can't thank you enough for suggesting these.

There are some brilliant stuffing ideas on here too.... will try the corned beef too :thumbsup:

lol glad they like them they keep mine amused for hours :lol:

peanut butter?? what age can they have that at? is it smooth or chunky?

i have stuffed it with cooked chicken but that doesnt last long, not really ventured to anything else shall give some of this stuff ago :thumbsup:

I put pate in mine...chicken pate, duck pate any flavour they dont mind... :) :)

I also buy the hollow cows hooves and stuff them too.. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
k4tie-d said:
peanut butter?? what age can they have that at? is it smooth or chunky?

i have stuffed it with cooked chicken but that doesnt last long, not really ventured to anything else shall give some of this stuff ago :thumbsup:

Any age I think! Well Stan's only six month and he's always had it I think the peanut oil is good for the coat also :thumbsup:

Peanut butter and dry mix.

Sardines in either tomato sauce or sunflower oil

Tuna fish in oil not in brine salt isnt good for them

The most indestructable toy ever fantastic for them :thumbsup:

My lot have butchers tripe stuffed into theirs, then I freeze the kongs in their freezer :D .....They last ages :thumbsup: .....I also use food balls for them, and they are filled with their proplan with bits of cheese, sausage, cooked liver and other goodies in them ..... It keeps them occupied for a few hours :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back