The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lily's Blog

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sounds like lily has settled in really well nicky, i'm so pleased for you hun :huggles:

As for the mirror thing, my daughter has a full length mirror in her bedroom and Star :wub: used to see his reflection in there and do the same as

lily :lol: :lol: (w00t) :wacko:

ok little update with some pics some you have already seen but thought id add some to this thread :D she doing great so full of fun she so funny i spend most off my time watching her and laughing my head off :lol: as you can see by some of the pics she won all my whippets around and they adore her she love angel delight pops with a passion :D heres some pics ....

modling her new jumpers and coat ...

DSCF2192.jpg

DSCF2213.jpg

DSCF2188.jpg

a guid on how to keep warm get yourself between two whippets (w00t)

DSCF2180.jpg

her very own whippet bed (w00t)

DSCF2051-1.jpg

mmm i love angel delight (w00t)

DSCF2243.jpg

all in all shes doing great didnt bat an eye wen she went for her first injection she was to busy guzzling her treats off the vets lol definetly not as hard owning a italian as i thought it would be .wich is why we have another joining us in 7weeks time (w00t) and i cant wait double trouble double fun double kisses and cwtches bliss ,shes doing great potty training hardly any accidents still :cheers:

Congratulations Nicky on your next addition coming along. I can't wait to see some pics :D

Congratulations!!! Lilly is so pretty and I love seeing all the pics, what colour is your next one going to be?

definetly not as hard owning a italian as i thought it would be .wich is why we have another joining us in 7weeks time (w00t) and i cant wait double trouble double fun double kisses and cwtches bliss

Oh Nicky, I'm so disappointed to read this! You've got this beautiful little baby, that you said you have longed for, and you are not even going to give her to time to grow, to develop and to bond with you all!

You say its not as hard as you expected, but you've only been an iggie owner for a month! Your pack is allowing your pup to stamp her feet and call the shots because she is a pup - how can you possibly know how they are going to feel about a demanding adult bitch?

Now you are going to take all time and attention from your new girl, you are not going to find out who she is going to be, you are not going to learn from her or allow her to learn from you, before adding another puppy to the mix.

I think that is a real shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the last one with her tongue out. Beautifull. :wub: :wub: :wub:

definetly not as hard owning a italian as i thought it would be .wich is why we have another joining us in 7weeks time (w00t) and i cant wait double trouble double fun double kisses and cwtches bliss

Oh Nicky, I'm so disappointed to read this! You've got this beautiful little baby, that you said you have longed for, and you are not even going to give her to time to grow, to develop and to bond with you all!

You say its not as hard as you expected, but you've only been an iggie owner for a month! Your pack is allowing your pup to stamp her feet and call the shots because she is a pup - how can you possibly know how they are going to feel about a demanding adult bitch?

Now you are going to take all time and attention from your new girl, you are not going to find out who she is going to be, you are not going to learn from her or allow her to learn from you, before adding another puppy to the mix.

I think that is a real shame.
there be no love time or attention taken away from any of my dogs as theres more than enough love attention and time to go around for them all :thumbsup:

Nicky, I don't doubt the quality of attention or the amount of love you give your dogs.

But love and attention doesn't mean the same as going through life stages, mental and physical and emotional growth. I'm not going to bang on about the physical and mental and emotional impact that getting another puppy can cause, I'm sure that you know all about the danger times of an iggie puppy's physical development and the changes they go through as they reach puberty.

Your little Lily is only going to be a puppy for a few short months - why not enjoy make the most of every minute of it? Lavish her with love and attention. Find out who is she is. See what impact she has on the dynamics of your pack. Let her become her own person and find her own place in your pack.

You know there is no shortage of puppies around, you can get one any time you want one - would it hurt to put Lily first for a few months? This will be the only time in her life that she will be a puppy - cherish her for what she is!

cani just say this

when nicky first got lilly i thought it was too soon after poppy and that she needed to grieve but as the thread has gone on i take back what i thought, whole heartedly

now i see that because she has decided to get another one,

others see it as a no no, well what does it matter how many iggy's she gets we all know that her dogs are looked after some i might say a bit too much :- tia needs to go on a strict diet :lol: back to the iggy she is getting when others pay her vet bills and food and anything else her dogs might need then say that she is doing something wrong,

i get the idea that iggy's have so many special needs i say doesn't everydog, i hope your next one finds out what a lovely household you have and it will want for nothing

cani just say thiswhen nicky first got lilly i thought it was too soon after poppy and that she needed to grieve but as the thread has gone on i take back what i thought, whole heartedly

others see it as a no no, well what does it matter how many iggy's she gets we all know that her dogs are looked after some i might say a bit too much :- tia needs to go on a strict diet :lol: back to the iggy she is getting when others pay her vet bills and food and anything else her dogs might need then say that she is doing something wrong,

i get the idea that iggy's have so many special needs i say doesn't everydog, i hope your next one finds out what a lovely household you have and it will want for nothing
:thumbsup:

cani just say thiswhen nicky first got lilly i thought it was too soon after poppy and that she needed to grieve but as the thread has gone on i take back what i thought, whole heartedly

:thumbsup:

:huggles:

Nicky, I don't doubt the quality of attention or the amount of love you give your dogs.
But love and attention doesn't mean the same as going through life stages, mental and physical and emotional growth. I'm not going to bang on about the physical and mental and emotional impact that getting another puppy can cause, I'm sure that you know all about the danger times of an iggie puppy's physical development and the changes they go through as they reach puberty.

Your little Lily is only going to be a puppy for a few short months - why not enjoy make the most of every minute of it? Lavish her with love and attention. Find out who is she is. See what impact she has on the dynamics of your pack. Let her become her own person and find her own place in your pack.

You know there is no shortage of puppies around, you can get one any time you want one - would it hurt to put Lily first for a few months? This will be the only time in her life that she will be a puppy - cherish her for what she is!
I'm sure Lily is getting all the love and attention she deserves - how many other puppies have their own blog, and photographed as much? I'm sure Nicky has considered all the things you have said here before getting another puppy. With some of us our dogs are our family, and some of us want a big one!

ok little update with some pics some you have already seen but thought id add some to this thread :D she doing great so full of fun she so funny i spend most off my time watching her and laughing my head off :lol: as you can see by some of the pics she won all my whippets around and they adore her she love angel delight pops with a passion :D heres some pics ....modling her new jumpers and coat ...

DSCF2192.jpg

DSCF2213.jpg

DSCF2188.jpg

a guid on how to keep warm get yourself between two whippets (w00t)

DSCF2180.jpg

her very own whippet bed (w00t)

DSCF2051-1.jpg

mmm i love angel delight (w00t)

DSCF2243.jpg

all in all shes doing great didnt bat an eye wen she went for her first injection she was to busy guzzling her treats off the vets lol definetly not as hard owning a italian as i thought it would be .wich is why we have another joining us in 7weeks time (w00t) and i cant wait double trouble double fun double kisses and cwtches bliss ,shes doing great potty training hardly any accidents still :cheers:
That is a gorgeous pic Nicky, bet you were holding out an ice cream cone! :lol:

alison lily will be just fine il make shure of that :thumbsup:

My lot were so excited when they heard you were getting another greyhound, they has their bags packed and were asking for the car keys. I had to explain very gently that you were getting an Italian greyhound not a full sized greyhound. They are all now sulking and muttering darkly about moving to a more luxurious home where they will have a better wardrobe and frozen angel delight.

I have slipped them all a sausage to cheer them up but i think it will be some time before they get over it.

little update on our lily for those that have asked ,she doing great had her last injection last tuesday so not long now and she can go out for a walk :D her potty training is brilliant no accidents in a while now ,she such a funny little wiggly and has all 5 of my others wrapped around her little paws anyway heres few pics of her having funny five in the yard :)

DSCF2876.jpg

DSCF2877.jpg

weeeeeeeeee :lol:

DSCF2882.jpg

DSCF2883.jpg

DSCF2937.jpg

DSCF2940.jpg

DSCF2941.jpg

Such a lovely little pup , love the pics 3 and 4 with the huge ears :wub: :wub: :wub:

woops sorry seem to have replied twice !

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back