The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lily's Blog

nicky12

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ok i thought it would be really good idea to write a blog of owning our first iggy and i hope it will help people who are looking to own one of these errmm il use the word nutter at the moe because that just about sums up my Lily although this may change at a later stage who nos :lol:

ok just few basics then of our first week ,so you think your garden in iggy proof you been all around your garden to make shure they cant fit under the fence ext ,well think again they will prove you wrong .

so if youve desided to get to the point were you think yes im going to get an iggy they cant be much harder than owning a whippet YOUR WRONG (w00t)

there much more lively and you think your guna get any sleep errrmm NOPE lily sleeps on average throu the day 1hr then is awake for an hour and this goes on throu day and at the moe although we have had some good nights were she has slept throu her usual pattern is 3/4 hrs sleep then awake for an hour ,il try to be as honest as possible throught this blog .

at the moe im so paranoid about her breaking somthing im actualy finding myself following her around with my arms constantly out ready to catch her cause she bounces offf everything and i mean everything my poor whippets duno weather there coming or going at the moe ,ok thats it for now wen i come home later il deisscuse her potty training :thumbsup:

sounds like youve got your hands full there..lol, ive just seen your pics of your other dogs, there beautiful! :wub: :wub: :wub:

you will have to put some pics up of the pup! Good Luck with the sleepless nights lol :luck: :luck: :luck: hope to here more about Lil soon.

This is going to be good :thumbsup: :D

Looking forward to the next instalment, Nicky :p

......... :* :* for Lily!

sounds fun - brings back memories of the 9 lurcher pups exploring our house - we just gave in and stopped replacing stuff if it couldn't be replaced with unbreakable good luck - look forward to reading more of lily's adventures

what a good idea nicky :) look forward to hearing more about lily :wub:

I'm really looking forward to reading this Nicky. I am sure that there are loads of us on here who will enjoy Lily's adventures.

Ok i thought it would be really good idea to write a blog of owning our first iggy and i hope it will help people who are looking to own one of these errmm il use the word nutter at the moe because that just about sums up my Lily although this may change at a later stage who nos :lol: ok just few basics then of our first week ,so you think your garden in iggy proof you been all around your garden to make shure they cant fit under the fence ext ,well think again they will prove you wrong .

so if youve desided to get to the point were you think yes im going to get an iggy they cant be much harder than owning a whippet YOUR WRONG (w00t)

there much more lively and you think your guna get any sleep errrmm NOPE lily sleeps on average throu the day 1hr then is awake for an hour and this goes on throu day and at the moe although we have had some good nights were she has slept throu her usual pattern is 3/4 hrs sleep then awake for an hour ,il try to be as honest as possible throught this blog .

at the moe im so paranoid about her breaking somthing im actualy finding myself following her around with my arms constantly out ready to catch her cause she bounces offf everything and i mean everything my poor whippets duno weather there coming or going at the moe ,ok thats it for now wen i come home later il deisscuse her potty training :thumbsup:
Hi Nicky, I think that little girl of your needs some good old fashioned discipline. You would'nt let a baby crawl round all day until it gets tired, would you? Remember food, play, sleep. Make sure she has a safe restricted play area, where she does'nt torment the whippets. I use the kitchen and patio as it is fenced off and safe. Don't leave her unattended. Make sure she's got plenty top play with. After a good play up to 1 hour. Put her into her crate with a chew and leave her to settle for a nap. You can take her into the garden for a good play by herself about twice daily. Where she won't be knocked by the others. Stay with her and have a good game together. When she wakes up after her rest she can be put to potty then given her meal. After that comes play time. Apart from early waking she should be sleeping quite well at night now. If she wakes too early she can always go into bed for a cuddle she will soon get the message. At this rate your both going to be exhausted. Don't give her free play in your living area unless you are with her. Its exactly like having a toddler, kind, firm discipline and routine can work miracles. At the moment I think she's got you on toast??? She's a baby and will benefit from plenty of rest for her growth. Lily will soon get used to the bedtime routine if you put her in her crate with a few biscuits the same time most evenings.She should not be allowed to torment the older dogs, Suex

thanks for the advise sue ,i am trying honestly :b she has loads of one on one playtime both out in the garden and in the house and once she had her play she usualy sleeps ,i dont let her torment the others but ther have been occasions were she has run over the top of a sleeping blue tia or ollie but ther very patient with her :D now the crate one is a tricky one if shes not tired shel squeel the place down but she goes in there if i need to do somthing as i never leave her unattended at any ppoint unless shes in her crate and shes getting better at night 2 she has slept throu few occasions from 2am till 8/9 so i think thats good .x

right bk to the potty training well its going well ,if its not raining outside :lol:

if its not raining wel go all day with no accidents at all but if its raining shel go in kitchen as she will not even go outside just looks by bk door as if to say ....yeh ok you sod off out there and take a crap see how you like crapping in the rain :lol: the first day and night i think she peed on every bed and blanket i had and trust me thats quiet a few beds and blankets :b but all in all i dont think shes been any harder than my whippets to poppy train .

ones thing iv found out about iggys since having her is they hve no sence off danger and fear nothing well not so far anyway :teehee: maybe in few mounth all this will change an il be adding coments that will contradict myself :teehee:

Mmmm was just looking at the title of this topic

Lily....our FIRST iggy....... :lol: :lol:

Mmmm was just looking at the title of this topic 

Lily....our FIRST iggy....... :lol: :lol:
:- NOPE NO MORE IGGYS ........ERMM HOW MANY TIMES DID I SAY THAT WITH THE WHIPPETS (w00t)

Great idea , the blog :)

Then we can read all about her naughty deeds and laugh :lol:

Looking forward to your info on iggys , this will make interesting read :thumbsup:

Looking forward to your info on iggys , this will make interesting read :thumbsup:
exactly trish thought it would be nice for people to actualy hear day to day living with an iggy rather than just the facts being posted ,which is why i will be honest wen i write about my lily weather it be posative or negative and any mistakes i make along the way as im a still learning to :D

She sounds a handful :unsure: Seems like having a toddler in the house and me thinks she has you wrapped around her little paws :teehee: :lol: :D Look forward to the next instalment (w00t)

Lovely idea ... I'm looking forward to the updates :)

Re. toileting in the rain I've got a dachshund here who doesn't do rain ... unless I go out with him and hold his umbrella lol!

Annie

This business about going out in the rain ...............

You would PYSL if you could see me when it's raining ........ running down the path to the barn with the gang running behind me so that they can go wee wee in the dry :clown: :lol:

What you need, Nicky, is a gazebo set up outside your back door so that they can all "go" in comfort :D :thumbsup:

ummm i think my neighbours already think iv lost the plot ,vision this big fluffy pink dressing gown green wellies and big umerella with tia taking a dum in middle of garden ,jane i did have my gazeebo up but the wind keeps taling it :D

Glad its going as well as it could be Nicky.. :lol: she looks divine anyway...even if she dosnt act it...

ummm i think my neighbours already think iv lost the plot ,vision this big fluffy pink dressing gown green wellies and big umerella with tia taking a dum in middle of garden ,jane i did have my gazeebo up but the wind keeps taling it :D
I think that we need a picture of this - what do the rest of you think!!!!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back