The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Little Fern Is Coming Home Today.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It was lovely to meet you yesterday Pat and the gorgeous Fern :wub: :huggles:

she is looking quite well considering the trauma she has been through :(

Star had a good sniff of Fern and he thinks she is very cute :- " :lol:

Hoping Fern continues to improve and Homer does too :thumbsup: :huggles:

And also that your thumb soon heals Pat.

Hi pat it was lovely to meet you yesterday, i am so pleased that you are all on the road to recovery.

cara,xx

Whippets4eva said:
It was lovely to meet you yesterday Pat and the gorgeous Fern  :wub:   :huggles: she is looking quite well considering the trauma she has been through  :(  

Star had a good sniff of Fern and he thinks she is very cute  :- "  :lol:

Hoping Fern continues to improve and Homer does too  :thumbsup:   :huggles:

And also that your thumb soon heals Pat.

ecksey said:
Hi pat it was lovely to meet you yesterday, i am so pleased that you are all on the road to recovery.
cara,xx

Yes it was a great day yesterday,Fern loved coming to,she was lovely and warm with all her covers and my very warm jumper to keep her cosy.

It was so nice to meet such lovely people and their dogs,hope to meet again soon.

Love Pat and Fern xx

So glad you made it yesterday Pat, lovely to see you all. Fern looked all snug :wub: :luck: she should make a good recovery with all the tlc she's getting. Hopefully you'll be able to relax and get some sleep now Pat, as she's home.

So Little Fern has been out and about!! thats great !!! sounds like you all had a nice time meeting up with some k9ers :))

Im just wondering? have the owners of this G.D offered to pay your vet fees? because they should :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Off to the vet's tonight.

Hoping she is going to get the all clear.

Love Pat.xx

jinnyfizz said:
Hope all went well at the vet's, Pat :D   :luck:
Yes Fern is doing fine,she had a flush~out and a new dressing put on.

Fern has to go back again on Friday.

It's the first time the vets have let me stay in with her when she has the flush~out done.

She was so good,and the wound is looking good, getting smaller .

Love Pat and Fern.xx :thumbsup:

ladyp said:
jinnyfizz said:
Hope all went well at the vet's, Pat :D   :luck:
Yes Fern is doing fine,she had a flush~out and a new dressing put on.

Fern has to go back again on Friday.

It's the first time the vets have let me stay in with her when she has the flush~out done.

She was so good,and the wound is looking good, getting smaller .

Love Pat and Fern.xx :thumbsup:

Oh good! I expect she was relieved to have you there with her :)

Give her a little cuddle from me xx :thumbsup:

So pleased Fern is making a good recovery :huggles:

It was lovely to see you again Pat and of course Fern what a pretty thing she is :wub: :wub:

Hope all goes well at the vets on Friday :thumbsup: :luck:

Yay, Fern is home!

Really nice to read this, so pleased for you all that she is doing well.

:huggles: :huggles: from me and Poppy

whippetgood said:
So Little Fern has been out and about!! thats great !!! sounds like you all had a nice time  meeting up with some k9ers :))
Lovely time ~ had by all.

Im just wondering? have the owners of this G.D offered to pay your vet fees? because they should :thumbsup:

She said she would pay the vets bill when it happened,but i have'nt heard from them since :eek:

If i don't hear from them in the next few days they will be getting a call from the police and also i'm sending a letter to defra.

I'm sick of people with out of control dogs,they think they can do what they like and get away with it.

Too many people have dogs who have'nt a clue. :rant: :rant:

I have read all the posts about Fern since the attack, I thought that first night, she wont make it. I thought about the attack my dogs suffered a few years back

Im so glad she made it and looking as well as she does, they are tough little dogs :))

I hope the other owner does pay up ;) ,,some folk should not have great big dogs, I know my dream of having another GSD is over due to my health, I could not hold on to a large breed now :( This attack with Fern opened my eye's.

I wish Fern (forgot the wee boy's name :oops: ), yourself all the best.

Off to the vets again with little Fern,hoping there is no air still under the skin and muscle.

Homer has had a little walk on the lead today but, wants to hurry home on two legs(poor little chap) time is a great healer,and i think this will take a long time for him.

Love Pat ,Fern and Homer. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Glad to hear Fern is doing well .

The dog who attacked her should be PTS . If the owners were responsible at all they would have done that without even being asked to :rant:

So very glad little Fern is on the mend :thumbsup: :huggles: You would think the owners of the other dog would be feeling awful about the whole thing and bending over backwards to pay and do anything else they could to help. Some people make you sick :rant:

kirsty said:
So very glad little Fern is on the mend :thumbsup:   :huggles: You would think the owners of the other dog would be feeling awful about the whole thing and bending over backwards to pay and do anything else they could to help.  Some people make you sick :rant:
Yes ,some people make you :rant: :rant: Back from the vet's with Fern,she is doing just great,the wound is getting smaller and she won't need the op,thank goodness.

Love ,Pat,Fern and Homer.xxx :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:

hi pat!!! sooo happy for you all!!! what a little star is Fern!!!!! sending my love to you all :huggles:

That's the news I was waiting to hear, Pat :D

What a relief :huggles:

Love to you all and especially little Fern and Homer xx :wub: :wub:

Thats great news Pat - sending you all lots of love :huggles:

Debs, Laurie, Digger and Hugo xxx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back