The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Missing Maddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Zephyr said:
However, this poor family are going through torture at the moment, and will have enough what ifs of their own without people demonising them :(   - I'm sure they are loving parents who probably did what everyone else was doing, but were unfortunate enough for something really terrible to happen to their poor little girl.  I know I would be torn apart with worry if I was them, not knowing what is happening to her. :(
Yes I think is very important, am sure she was very loved :( and would not have done anything intentionally that they would thought would result in this tragic news. No one will be more feeling more guilty that them, we all know how we all automatically self-blame for anything so I can only imagine how they are torturing themselves right now :(

I also agree about the beach thing, the parents SHOULD NOT be hanging their heads in shame they are doing exactly the right thing in trying to keep this case as high profile as possible which must be extremely hard when so much time has now elapsed. Anything to help get this little girl found :luck:

I actually think this is a really harsh thread! It is bad enough that these poor people are going through this without being judged for what they thought was a safe thing to do. Let us not forget that they were 40 yards away(my garden is longer than that), would it have been wrong to walk to the top of my garden when my child was young and in bed in the house alone? These poor people have to live with their decision for the rest of their lives. I don't think I would have left my son in those circumstances, but I am not there to see exactly what the situation was. The trouble is, it is ALWAYS the people who really do care and who are fantastic parents who seem to get the bad luck and misfortune. The scuffers who couldn't give a flying fart about what their kids are up to never seem to have a problem. I really don't understand why people are so quick to condemn others. I have never met a saint, don't profess to be one, and don't believe they exist on this earth. We are all guilty of misdemeanours and poor judgement at times.Give these poor folk a break! :rant:

i can understand a bit of sympathy jo, without doubt .. but theres a marked difference between your garden and neighbours and a foreign country ..complex or not. dont forget they done this before....! if they wanted a holiday where the could go out pissing it up they shoudve left the littluns at home. god knows anything couldve happened any of the nights. as somebody else has said one of them couldve woke up looking for their mumor dad then got into a right panic-match. did they think of that..hell no ! twats !!

HOLIDAY FAUX-PAS or COMPLACENCY or DOWNRIGHT SELFISH STUPIDITY ?

my thoughts on this are..if that little girl is gone for ever lets just hope that it was to some family whowill lover her and are going to do a better "looking after job" then her first parents did !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with Stormy here.

Why oh why did they leave a 4 year old in a room with 2 other children with no monitor or other device - they are not that expensive.

Ok so they checked ever 30 mins, a fire could happen at any time and could kill the children in minutes, but look what did happen......

I pray that she is found soon.

p.s. Has no-one in the media asked this question too?????

This is a heartbreaking situation but i must agree with Stormy... they should never have been left. Im a mother of 3 boys whom i wouldnt leave alone for a minute unattended... I would never be put Maddy's parents position as i know where my boys are at all times. Hopes & prayers for her safe return very soon.

although it could have been worded slightly better (minus the F & B's  ) I have to totaly agree with you post john.
the hotel runs a child minder service but apparently the parents didnt want strangers looking after their kids?  .

I think Ladydee (our daughter on here) will conferm non of our lot have ever been left alone at home or on holiday (OK Donna 4 year ago in cornwall but you were 18 at the time)

my mind boggles as to why parents with such responsible jobs (or any parent but these are educated people) would leave such young children alone in a strange country unattended?.

lets hope she's returned safe & sound which is the first priority then maybe social services should be looking into why they were left alone in the 1st place.
I can confirm that I was never left alone untill I was mid teens, and even then it was at home and for short spells of time. Nevr was I left on Holiday (not even when my parents wanted to go to tesco in Cornwall :- " .. ..but back to the seriouse stuff, i too hope she is found safe and well. If whoever has took her have done anything to her, they should have "bits" chopped of and left to bleed...

I have to agree with you John,as i am also fed up,with seeing parent's,if that's what you'd call them,leaving kid's in the car,while they spend half an hour,in a big supermarket,doin their shopping.Several time's i have gotten out of my own car,just so that i could keep an eye on them myself,till the parent's came back out.And when they seen me watching their kid's,they thought i was some sort of perv,until i told them why i was doin it ,and my thought's on what they had done.As a father of 6 daughter's,it disgust's me to see this kind of thing.This is breaking the law,end of story,and as caring parent's,or even if we dont have kid's,we should confront any people that we see leaving kid's alone.My wife and myself work with kid's in different type's of club's at different ages,and have gone through a fair amount of courses,dealing with kid's.And believe it or not,but if we see something that shouldnt be happening,such as kid's left on their own,and do not report or act on it.Then we ourselves could be commiting an offence. Hope they find this wee girl soon.Whatever the outcome. ...Billy...

CAN I STATE FOR THE RECORD HERE I DO SYMPATHISE WITH THE PARENTS. I CANT FOR 1 SECOND IMAGINE WHATS GOING THRU THEIR HEADS AT PRESENT.

BUT IM NOT TAKING THE MAIN POINT AWAY FROM MY POST...THEY WERE 2 SELFISH STUPID TWATS TO HAVE CONSIDERED THIS INITIALY.

CAN I PUT IT ANOTHER WAY...? WOULD YOU TAKE YOUR LIL WHIPPIES AND LIL IGGYS TO A FOREIGN LAND AND LEAVE THEM IN A STRANGE HOTEL ROOM UNGUARDED.....HELL NOOOOOOOO !! END OF !

Hi

I have every sympathy for the parents and my heart really goes out to them. I would never wish this on anyone. They are loving parents to 3 lovely children. But they did leave them alone and one was taken. What ever you say those children should of been supervised. At home they employ a nanny so they can both work. Maybe they should of brought her on holiday with them if they wanted to have meals out with their friends. This was not a one off occasion they did it every night.

I work with children of this age and there is no way they can be left. Checking every half hour is not enough as this has proved. There are some doubts whether the door was locked and the shutters prized open. If the door wasnt locked Maddie could easily of wandered out looking for her parents and been hit by a car.

It now appears the police are about to arrest someone. I do hope this guy did it because if he didnt his live will also be ruined because of this case. The media and public will be calling for his blood before he has been given a fare trial.

At the end of the day we all want a happy ending and little Maddie returned to her family safe and well.

Wendy

i agree john

i would never dream of leavin my 3 boys along in a strange country i also would'nt ave fancyed leavin them with the hotels minders either so the only solution for me would ave been to stay with them.

mums of the world unite! lite a candle and say a prayer for little maddie 2nite.

hope she will be found safe amd well and returned to her family.

from one mum to another lets pray for her. xx

I like everyone hope the little girl is found safe,obviously we all do but I do wonder how the reaction would be if it was a single mum or so called "chav" parents? Not two professional people. Would social services have intervened and taken the other two little tots away?It is neglect after all. It does make me so angry that they did this every night.I have 5 kids and I would never leave them alone,especially in a foreign country. I worry about the dogs if I am gone longer than 2 hours!

im with john on this one 100%

i dont even leave elisha outside or in her room for very long, without checking on her.

yes it is a terrible thing that has happened, but could of been avoided, if i went to the pub and left my daughter alone social services would prob take her away :( , it seems from some replies on this thread that as they are on holiday its ok to leave 3 children under the age of 4yrs alone :unsure:

im sorry but its wrong :rant: , they should just be greatfull they didnt take all 3 kids.

also im a single mum, and my daughter is not left alone at anytime, poor maddie has 2 people ment to be looking out for her and between the 2 of them the kids still got left home alone.

Last edited:
Can I just add that I am not making a slur on single parents at all but everyone that I have spoken about this seem suprised that Maddie's parents are professional and wealthy people, like it would be expected of say a young couple or single parents to do this. People's opinion's do change according to status.It's a sad fact. I am not saying I am a perfect mother by a long chalk,we all take our eyes of the kids at some point but to get dressed up,go to a resturant,order food and a drink while your kids are alone is unthinkable.

it seems from some replies on this thread that as they are on holiday its ok to leave 3 children under the age of 4yrs alone 
Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning it. I am just saying, the reports we have had are from the media, and I feel these people have enought to think about, I am sure hind-sight is a wonderful thing. We are judging without being able to see the circumstances for ourselves. In principle I agree with John and all of you, but I feel it inappropriate in the circumstances to bear down on these people in their terrible suffering. Respectfully Jo.

I know things are different from when I was a kid but does nobody let their kids out to play these days then? I'm always seeing kids out on their own, walking back from school, buying sweets in the news agent, riding their bikes etc and they're not always with friends. So OK they are a bit older than Maddie but I don't suppose that would stop someone from snatching them.

The whole thing angers me,and it seems the media are defending the parents.Any parent should know not to leave their Children alone whilst they go out havin fun and relaxing.It was a family holiday and the kids are part of that family,so should of been with them.If the family were from a working class background and both parents were on the dole im sure the media would be slating the parents right from the start,showing them no mercy.

The fact that the hotel run a child minding service doesnt make it safe to leave your children with someone you may only se for the duration of your holiday.

I realy do hope the kid comes home safe and well and that the family learn a lot from their lucky escape.

Hind sight is a wonderful thing. I think a lot of the content of this thread is unnecessary :(

MY FINAL WORD ON THIS..............................

ARENT THEY LUCKY THEY AINT CELEBS..THE SCUM PRESS WOULDVE NAILED THEM TO A TREE !! IMAGINE IF POSH AND BECKS HADVE FUKD OFF FOR A PINT AND LEFT ONE OF THEIRS INDOORS :eek: :eek:

IT WOULDVE BEEN THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY AND NO MISTAKE :eek:

.......................SHAME ON THEM..........................

talisman said:
I have every sympathy for the parents and my heart really goes out to them. I would never wish this on anyone. They are loving parents to 3 lovely children. But they did leave them alone and one was taken. What ever you say those children should of been supervised. At home they employ a nanny so they can both work. Maybe they should of brought her on holiday with them if they wanted to have meals out with their friends. This was not a one off occasion they did it every night.Wendy
This pretty much sums up my feelings, its heartbreaking looking at the pain in Maddies mum's face but this could have been prevented........im still praying this little girl turns up unharmed.

AnnSa said:
talisman said:
I have every sympathy for the parents and my heart really goes out to them. I would never wish this on anyone. They are loving parents to 3 lovely children. But they did leave them alone and one was taken. What ever you say those children should of been supervised. At home they employ a nanny so they can both work. Maybe they should of brought her on holiday with them if they wanted to have meals out with their friends. This was not a one off occasion they did it every night.Wendy
This pretty much sums up my feelings, its heartbreaking looking at the pain in Maddies mum's face but this could have been prevented........im still praying this little girl turns up unharmed.

i agree my thoughts also.

sadly its not a safe world that we live in anymore, and some very horrible people are around.

fingers crossed for her safe return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back