The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Missing Maddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
AnnSa said:
talisman said:
I have every sympathy for the parents and my heart really goes out to them. I would never wish this on anyone. They are loving parents to 3 lovely children. But they did leave them alone and one was taken. What ever you say those children should of been supervised. At home they employ a nanny so they can both work. Maybe they should of brought her on holiday with them if they wanted to have meals out with their friends. This was not a one off occasion they did it every night.Wendy
This pretty much sums up my feelings, its heartbreaking looking at the pain in Maddies mum's face but this could have been prevented........im still praying this little girl turns up unharmed.

I share these feeling as well...........they did wrong and now they are paying for it..........or should i say Maddie is paying for it.

we all make mistakes..maybe not quite that big,,but think of the guilt those parents are going to have to live with maybe (hopefully not) forever.

i cant even begin to imagine how they must be feeling...but i belive the guilt they will carry around with them is punishment enough!!!!

praying this little girl will be found safe and well.

what i heard the other day was that maddie may of been looking for her parents, as there was no avidenc that anyone had broken in. That she could of been at the local shop looking for them.

I would never leave my kids alone like that. When i went on hoilday with my parents when my kids were tiny 1 person would stay with them and the other 2 would go out. Then sameone would swop. so that there was always sameone there with them.

Iv got a really bad feeling about the out come of this.

Just hope its wrong.

Its just awful and was totally avoidable :( .......I don't even leave my dogs out side our local shop (and after all they are just dogs), let alone leave my little boy on his own .........I get panicky at racing if Benjamin isn't where he said he was going to be ......

I do feel very sorry for the parents and family, and pray shes found safe and un-harmed ........

Zephyr said:
I have been to all inclusive holidays like this, and the management offered the service that couriers would listen outside doors and let you know if there was any crying, and we didn't feel that was good enough or safe enough so didn't use it.  I could never leave a young child alone in a hotel room as accidents happen so easily.   :(
However, this poor family are going through torture at the moment, and will have enough what ifs of their own without people demonising them :(   - I'm sure they are loving parents who probably did what everyone else was doing, but were unfortunate enough for something really terrible to happen to their poor little girl.  I know I would be torn apart with worry if I was them, not knowing what is happening to her. :(

I tend to agree with Zephyr too on this one ... its no good tearing into the family- they must be going through hell and probably questioning WHY themselves.

For them it may be too late - they will pay the price for ever if the outcome is a grim one.... and maybe still even if it isnt.... they will still probably never want to let that little girl out of their sight ever again, if they get her back. :( and be traumatised for the rest of their lives.

and NO I have never left my children alone either, but its no good penalising them for this at the moment - they must be living their very own HELL on EARTH.

Last edited by a moderator:
What i would like to know is were are the twins?

I would of thought that yes they dont went them in the spot light BUT

Surly if you have just had 1 of your kids go missing you would went the remining kids with you at all times. So that you know were they are.

I think that if i was in that awlful stuation then i would not that the other child out of my sight. Even if my parents were with me.

ive seen some really awful comments about the parents of maddie on other sites and ill say here what ive said there.which of us is such a perfect parent that weve never done anything wrong? :( have a bit of compassion here guys.these poor people will be carrying a burden of guilt that is unimaginable as it is without folk having a go at them also.ive got shops in the north west and it never ceases to amaze me how many little ones wander off from their mums and dads and are only missed much later.(remember jamie bulger?)ive seen mums looking at clothes on a rail,the child has got bored and wandered away.are they bad parents cos of this?do they deserve a slating cos they havent watched them 24 hours?of course not.its all an everday thing.parent and child get reunited and everythings ok apart from mum and child being a bit shaken.the difference is one day a child kidnapper might just take that opportunity to take that child and then watch the sh*t fly! :angry: the world press are watching everything this couple do and have done and everyone is a judge jury and executioner.do you realise just how many children have been raped and murdered while SLEEPING IN THEIR OWN BEDS IN THEIR OWN HOMES?were their parents bad parents too?ok so maddies parents made a bad judgement call,were all capable of it.no i would never have left my daughter alone like this,but that doesnt make me perfect,ive buggered things up in my life like we all have its just that the press and the public dont know about it and so cant judge me for it.theres an old saying.judge not lest you be judged.it was true then and its still true now.only a perfect person can judge and condemn this couple so seeing as ive yet to meet one, do what i suggest the rest of you do,back off and leave them alone.the person we ought to be condemning is the person who has taken this child,save your venom for them :thumbsup:

Firstly let me say I have every sympathy for the parents, and i do hope the little girl is found safe and well.

However, if this had happened to a family from a council estate or god forbid a single mother the press would be having a field day, the social services would of flown over and taken the other kids away, and god knows what else...

It stinks of class discrimination. This family had a nanny at home. Why didn't they fly her over? Why didn't they use the services available? If they wanted to go out every night, how can they possibly explain the reason they didn't do either of these things? They could of certainly afforded it. This case has really made angry..... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Of course the are suffering, but they are damn selfish. The local Portugese would of eaten with their children, but here England we have in many ways forgotten 'the family'...all very sad...Still I do know I don't leave my 18 month old little girl for a second, let alone pop out for a meal....If I fancy a pint, and it's warm I take her with me, and we have had a nice days recently, and hopefully that will continue up untill she's old enough to buy me one back at least...

Regards,

Paul

Yes I have made many mistakes bringing up my children and I am sure I will continue to do so. When I think back though I have never left them alone while i enjoy a meal with friends. There is a huge difference between choosing to leave them unatended every evening to them wandering of in a supermarket.

I think they were wrong and very sadly it is something they are going to have to live with for the rest of their lives what ever the outcome. I dont feel hatred for them just sympathy and i pray they get their wee girl home safe.

Wendy

I understand where Kris is coming from, nobody should stand Judge and Jury about this poor childs parents but at the end of the day these people did do the wrong thing by leaving the children alone.

They are paying the biggest price any parent should have to pay...they have lost a child.

Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes more than a hanful of times in their life time but anyone with even the smallest amount of common sense knows they do not leave children alone because there is alway some disgusting pervert ready to take them away, given half a chance.

A parent's nightmare :(

I do hope little Maddie is home safe and sound,,I realy hope this happen's,,,,BUT

We have been on 2 family holidays to Spain,,When the kids were 3 and 6 and the second last October aged 7 and 10,,they were never left on their own,,not for a second,,it's a family holiday, we wanted to spen all our time together :D

Gary is not a night owl (Rachel is), but at 10pm, he was wanting his bed,,Rachel wanted to party on :lol: :lol: , but we all went back to the flat,,the kids went to bed and John and myself sat on the balcony watching the world going by :D :D ,,the best part of the holiday (in my eye's).

I slept with the kids as the bedroom had a door leading to the balcony ( I was scared they would get up and fall over) and John slept in the living area, (We were scared to leave the kids sleeping there incase the flat was broken into or the kids went onto the balcony). Maybe im paranoid,,but better to have a great holiday than have a little chiled killed or kidnapped :(

We went to a family holiday village last year and will go back,,but we would never leave the kids,,home alone and im sure Maddie's parent's wont do the same with the twins.

Hope Maddie is home soon :)

Bloody Heartbreaking for the PARENTS :( :

I don't think anyone on here does not have compassion for the way these parents are feeling and wish for the very best outcome, but it is a natural reaction for people to feel angry when a child is in danger because they have been left unprotected , in this day and age there are so many bad things that happen to warn us of the vunerabilty of children we are the only ones who can protect them. :(

Why is it that whatever happens some people have to blame somebody? I do not believe that anybody who says that they never ever left their children unattended for a little while. We all let our children to play in the garden while we do something in the house. OK it is not quite the same, but these people obviously felt very secure in that holiday resort. Hindsight is wonderful thing. If they only got the baby sitter, or if they only gone to a different resort, or did not go to Portugal …………..

We once came home earlier than anticipated to find the well recommended baby sitter on the sofa with her, rather unsavory looking, boyfriend and almost empty bottle of our very expensive scotch. :rant:

Maybe Madelaine’s parents had a bad experience with babysitter before and felt it safer if they just walk across and check on the children themselves. My heart goes out to them, and I just hope for the little girl being found.

As somebody wise once said;

Never criticize anybody until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

what do you mean " have to blame somebody" ? COS THRU THEIR SELFISH BEHAVIOUR THEYVE CAUSED A COMPLETELY DISASTROUS SITUATION FOR A TODDLER WHO KNOWS NO REASON WHY SHE WAS TAKEN FROM HER BED IN THE NIGHT....THATS WHY !!

LETS GET THIS INTO PERSPECTIVE HERE....THIS ISNT A "LEFT THE GATE OPEN AND OUR LIYYLE DOG GOT OUT TYPE MISTAKE..THIS IS COMPLETE AND TOTAL NEGLEGENCE :rant: :rant:

THE FACT THAT THESE 2 NIT-WITS SET A PATTERN BY DOING THIS EVERYNITE GAVE SOME BASTRD THE CHANCE TO COMMIT THE WORST CRIME...ONE AGAINST A CHILD !! SORRY IM BEGINNING TO LOSE PATIENCE WITH THE "FLUFFY BRIGADE"............

IF THEY HADVE BEEN 2 ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN ENGLAND AND THE HOUSE THEY LEFT KIDS IN HADVE BEEN DESTRYOYED BY FIRE....WHAT WOULD YOU LOT OF "FORGIVERS" HAVE SAID THEN EH,.....??

WISE UP TO YOURSELVES ! ......AGAIN........

......................SHAME..........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In topics such as this one, there is always going to be people that totally agree with you (majority in this case) some that don't (a few in this case) and some that sit on the fence (them that don't want to reply whether they agree or not).

There is no point what so ever getting yourself worked up over it.

Yes you feel very strongly about the subject and yes its pulling on your heart strings but shouting and carrying on with those that don't agree won't make any difference at all to their opinions.

John, you gave this topic the heading

"Missing Maddy

....your views"

Why then, when people express views which don't agree with your own, do you have to have a go at them. I am assuming that all the "facts" being quoted are gleaned from the media, no-one on this board knows exactly what happened, what the parents did or did not do or indeed what the police have or have not done.

I am becoming afraid to express an opinion on K9, how easy it is to sit at a computer keyboard in your own home and be self righteous, I am sorry if you consider me "fluffy", I personally don't think I am , that is your opinion of me, but it won't alter the way I think.

Jenny

Well, we all know that by now there is just about zero chance of this story having a happy ending. These poor people will have to live with their guilt for rest of their lives, and the gutter press will make sure their life is as difficult as possible.

But hey, they deserve it, they are bad parents. Why not just tie them to the stake and burn them?

sorry but i dont see why after whats happened we all have to rally round and console. yes i honestly feel sorry for their loss..none worse, but that doesnt change the facts.......... :oops: again if these parents hadve been celebs we would have them jailed !! imagine if jade goody hadve done it WELL FUK ME !!!!!! YOU LOT WOULDVE BASHED HER UGLY..uglier :oops:

serapnia........

"Never criticize anybody until you have walked a mile in his shoes. " wise words

stormy......

STEAL THEM FIRST..RUN THE MILE..THEN CRITISIZE HIM (w00t) wiser ones !

john :eek:

or in this case "a mile to the pub in his espedrills while his kids are left unattented"

I think some people on here should take a step back and stop shouting the odds about maddies parents.......................they made a mistake ..a bloody big one...but shouldnt all our energy and thoughts be for the safe return of this little girl.

i understand everyones anger, i feel the same but shouting and swearing isn't going to help..some of the language is disgusting!!!!!!!!

everyone is entiltled to their opinion, but to shout other people down for what they believe is out of order!

these people will hang themselves with the guilt of what they have done....i cant even begin to imagine how they must feel.....but maybe a bit more support and less slagging off is in order here!!!!!!!!!!

hely said:
I think some people on here should take a step back and stop shouting the odds about maddies parents.......................they made a mistake ..a bloody big one...but shouldnt all our energy and thoughts be for the safe return of this little girl.i understand everyones anger, i feel the same but shouting and swearing isn't going to help..some of the language is disgusting!!!!!!!!

everyone is entiltled to their opinion, but to shout other people down for what they believe is out of order!

these people will hang themselves with the guilt of what they have done....i cant even begin to imagine how they must feel.....but maybe a bit more support and less slagging off is in order here!!!!!!!!!!

SO THERE ARE ONES ON HERE WHO BELIEVE ITS OK TO BOLT OUT FOR A DRINK AND DESERT THEIR KIDS..........HANG EM HIGH !!! :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back