The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Missing Maddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
sarahloveland said:
I think everyone's emotions are running high cos this could so easily have been prevented.Whatever we all think it is a fact the little lady is missing cos her mum and dad left her alone.Fact.

well said :thumbsup:

i just want to ask all these 'they made a mistake - we all do' people how they would be reacting if these doctors? just popped out in the middle of an operation and went for a meal and 'popped back to check on them or thier loved ones and 'an accident happened ' would they be so understanding..me thinks not

I think we all feel sympathy for the parents as this is an unimaginable scenario. There is no escaping though the fact that these were babies who were left alone on more that one occasion. They probably cant even communicate properly yet.

I really think that if/when the poor little lass is found the parents should be investigated by the social services and the children put on the at risk register.

How can taking your eye off a child in a shop and losing them be compared to purposely leaving them? I saw this arguament on the tv and thought it was a daft comparison.

They will never get the life back that they had. I cant imagine the NHS Trust keeping 2 doctors who neglect children and the public will constantly be critical of their actions, and yes what they did is no different to those NSPCC adverts that we all get weepy at because a child is sat crying having been left alone :rant:

Yes well said .......Popping back every 1/2 an hour to check isn't good enough ......a child could have choked or suffocated etc ...in that time !!!!! .....No sorry, though I do feel VERY sorry for the parents, the responsibility lies on their door step .........These are children we are talking about ......Children who probably know their Nanny better than their own parents .......As said earlier if this was a single parent or a couple on benefits they'd be publicly hung !! ......I'll stop my rant now .........I do so hope Maddie is found safe and unharmed .......

YEH THESE 2 PARENTS ( WHO FROM HERE ON SHALL BE KNOWN AS "TWIT & TWAT" ) MADE A MISTAKE.......THEY DONE IT ALL THE TIME :rant: PROBABLY AT EVERY HOLIDAY RESORT THEYVE BEEN TO...!

DIFFERENCE THIS TIME IS.. THE "PERCENTAGE GAME" THEY PLAY HAS STUFFED THEM THIS TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J :rant: HN

I think this topic has run its course now...arguing between each other isn't going to help Maddie to return to her parents.

I agree whole heartedly with you John and all the others about this but I don't see the point in going on about it now.

Its a situation nobody can control and although it saddens me to say, I honestly don't think Maddie will return to her parents...I sincerely hope I am wrong but as each days passes it can't be a good thing.

I have been most of the morning reading this..got nothing done around house! Got 3 whippies looking at me for their walk! Must go but no doubt be back on later :thumbsup:

Hope she is found safe and well soon :luck:

I really cant help thinking that that guy who is suspect does have soemthing to do with it. :( As they say - no smoke without fire..... :(

whippynit said:
Hope she is found safe and well soon :luck:
I really cant help thinking that that guy who is suspect does have soemthing to do with it. :(   As they say - no smoke without fire..... :(

Did you notice in the press conference yesterday they said they didnt have suficient (sp)evidence to arrest him. I take that to mean they have some but not enough.

However I do hope he is the guy they are looking for. If not his life is also ruined as everyone is pointing the finger at him and thinking like you there is no smoke without fire

Wendy

fatwhippet said:
..............a small part of me thatcannot forgive the fact that those children were left alone.

Excuse me, but who exactly are you that it should be relevant that you grant your forgiveness??????????

So, you never let your kids out of your sight? :lol: I suppose they come with you when you have shower or use the toilet? No? Do you mean they are playing outside while you do other things? Well it only takes few seconds to snatch one of them.

There are thousands of parents who put their kids to bed, often with some windows opened, and go to have a dinner on the other side of their house. I certainly did, our dining room was more than 50 yards away, and some evenings we even had some wine (w00t) . OMG I never realised, but we have neglected the kids (w00t) :b

As far as I can gather nobody knows how Madeline was taken (window or door) or if she went out herself, and was picked up somewhere else. It is also quite possible that there was a clear view of the unit from the restaurant, and the parents did not plan to spend the night partying, but just to have a relaxing dinner.

beaubeau said:
Unless anyone was there, I don't believe anyone really knows the resort or what really happened.

It's just so, so sad.

Tracey

Absolutely, the only fact in this debate is that people on this (and many other forums) condemn Madeleine’s parents on bases of "facts" they read in gutter press. Don't you understand that these vultures print anything to sell the papers? More hot debate they manage to stir up, more money they make. Like that the police are not doing enough/the right thing. How do they know? What exactly the police are doing has to be secret, broadcasting their every move they would jeopardise the outcome.

It is sad that communities instead of supporting people during unimaginably difficult times, actually look for anything they can find to attack them.

Yes, it would be better if the parents hired a sitter, but that is not the f*****g point here!

If a child goes missing from your own home (which I guess is very unlikely), you have the advantage of knowing people near by and knowing the area.

This child has gone missing in a foreign town, which she possibly has never been before.

Having a glass of wine in your dinning room, in your home town, with neighbors, friends and possibly family members close by, whilst your child is in bed is alot different than going to a restaurant and leaving your child in a hotel room, in an unfamillier town, with strangers nearby.

If Maddie had gone missing, whilst her parents were in the next room, there would be no need for this discussion.

Its the old "Oh, they'll be ok for an hour" story, and I am sure the parents regret setting foot out of that hotel, and I feel for them, but this could of and should of been avoided.

This incident just shows that you can not be over protective. Children wander of, if thats what has happened, and there are bad people out there, if she has been took.

At the end of the day, what everyone agrees on is this child needs to be found, hopefully well and untouched.

Yes, it would be better if the parents hired a sitter, but that is not the f*****g point here!

But it is exactly the point. They chose to leave 3 toddlers in a room sleeping alone without a sitter so they could have a meal with friends

ladydee said:
If a child goes missing from your own home (which I guess is very unlikely),

That is an interesting theory, but I do not recall one single case of a child abducted from room in resort. On the other hand, we had here in OZ several cases of children snatched from their bedrooms, while the parents slept in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back