The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
tony all the dogs mentioned were just an exsample m8

the CAP works on its own and no one should be told they cant regester any pups allready born it goes against promoting the sport and is probably ilegal especialy as we are still paid up members racing on last years membership

no one should be told what they can or cant breed too,,,,,,,,its going too rip the sport apart,

Hi Jac,

I 100% agree that there should be a period of 63 days allowed and the memberships of dogs born on or before the "cut off" date should be honoured by the BWRA and as you have identified unless the above "period of grace" is allowed then as Dee has been able to identify there are at least 25 dogs whom (whilst it may not happen) could potentially be at risk of being abandoned to a rescue centre, kennels or street as they are "surplus to requirements".

to be totaly honest i think the main thing wrong with all of this is the time it was brought in it should of had a time set on it :( not brought in while the bwra books were shut :( as i said were still racing on last years subbs :( it may work it may not but i think a bit of gratatude towards paying members for racing in past events should be shown not contempt towards them just because they prefere scratch dogs :rant:

Hi Jac,
I 100% agree that there should be a period of 63 days allowed and the memberships of dogs born on or before the "cut off" date should be honoured by the BWRA and as you have identified unless the above "period of grace" is allowed then as Dee has been able to identify there are at least 25 dogs whom (whilst it may not happen) could potentially be at risk of being abandoned to a rescue centre, kennels or street as they are "surplus to requirements".
AGREE FLEESH

BUT NOT BY ME I WILL NOT GET RID OF A GOOD JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DONT LIKE HOW I BRED IT BUT YOUR RIGHT SOME WILL

GARY

lets not forget this is just a discusion board theres alot of members who dont use k9 anything we say on here is erelevent and this should be taken up with the committee through the corect chanels im sure theres a solution

wish dee would put my spell check back on :D

2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations.
Okay Ive been confused since this prop went in ...the way it read to me is

1/ You can breed a greyhound bitch to a whippet dog which has no greyhound blood in it for 2 generation ie... wor john , stag posses, chunky, hellbound etc ... or visa versa greyhound dog to a whippet bitch ...These pups would be okay to register

2/ you could not breed a greyhound to a stud dog that has 1 or 2 generation of greyhound in it ..ie magical dreams , sugar daddy, deneside belle etc

3/ you can not breed a whippet / greyhound to a whippet greyhound because the two generations outcross progeny...ie SUGAR DADDY ( sugar fire x ghd) x MISS TORI( gdh x miss Ellie)

STORM WARRIOR(sugar pace x ghd) x MANDY'S DREAM (ghd x Mandy's dream)

TYE BOUND ( spell bound x ghd) x SUGAR SWEET ( sugar fire x ghd)
Can I point out that Sugar Daddy x Miss Tori pups can be registered with the BWRA, but if Miss Tori or Sugar Daddy was put back to a greyhound, the offspring would be unable to be registered under this new ruling, and I can live with that.
YES GEOFF THAT RIGHT AND THAT IS WHY IT IS SO WRONG

YOU CAN PUT A 3/4 CROSS TO A 1/2 CROSS BUT CANT PUT A 1/4 TO A GREYHOUND IT STINKS BUT THERE ARE SOME OUT THERE THAT THINK THATS OK

EXAMPLE

TWO BECOME ONE X GREYHOUND IS A NO AND WOULD CREATE MOST YARD PER POUNDERS AND SOME SCRATCH DOGS

AND

SUGAR DADDY TO MISS TORI OR MANDYS DREAM OR EVEN BAGGERA IS OK AND IS A YES BUT IN MY OPINION WOULD ONLY PRODUCE SRATCH DOGS

SET UP SPRINGS TO MIND

GARY
I can see where your coming from (I think) but the example you have given ie Two Become One, to achieve the choice of weights your trying to breed, yard a pounders/scratch dogs why not put him over, lets say hypothetically speaking the litter sister to Magical Dreams, why insist that its got to be a greyhound.

as far as i can see MIDNIGHT RUN and BIGLAND BOY would be ok to line a greyhound :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations.
Okay Ive been confused since this prop went in ...the way it read to me is

1/ You can breed a greyhound bitch to a whippet dog which has no greyhound blood in it for 2 generation ie... wor john , stag posses, chunky, hellbound etc ... or visa versa greyhound dog to a whippet bitch ...These pups would be okay to register

2/ you could not breed a greyhound to a stud dog that has 1 or 2 generation of greyhound in it ..ie magical dreams , sugar daddy, deneside belle etc

3/ you can not breed a whippet / greyhound to a whippet greyhound because the two generations outcross progeny...ie SUGAR DADDY ( sugar fire x ghd) x MISS TORI( gdh x miss Ellie)

STORM WARRIOR(sugar pace x ghd) x MANDY'S DREAM (ghd x Mandy's dream)

TYE BOUND ( spell bound x ghd) x SUGAR SWEET ( sugar fire x ghd)
Can I point out that Sugar Daddy x Miss Tori pups can be registered with the BWRA, but if Miss Tori or Sugar Daddy was put back to a greyhound, the offspring would be unable to be registered under this new ruling, and I can live with that.
YES GEOFF THAT RIGHT AND THAT IS WHY IT IS SO WRONG

YOU CAN PUT A 3/4 CROSS TO A 1/2 CROSS BUT CANT PUT A 1/4 TO A GREYHOUND IT STINKS BUT THERE ARE SOME OUT THERE THAT THINK THATS OK

EXAMPLE

TWO BECOME ONE X GREYHOUND IS A NO AND WOULD CREATE MOST YARD PER POUNDERS AND SOME SCRATCH DOGS

AND

SUGAR DADDY TO MISS TORI OR MANDYS DREAM OR EVEN BAGGERA IS OK AND IS A YES BUT IN MY OPINION WOULD ONLY PRODUCE SRATCH DOGS

SET UP SPRINGS TO MIND

GARY
ARE YOU NOT GOING TO ANSWER THIS ONE GEOFF

GARY

just wait until a proper lol non ped bred scratch dog goes over 55 and there will be some then there will be a different war cry :b it is time dogs were bred down in size theres a few well over the top so im sure lessons have been learned but all this refusal of litters allready born is NOT the answer april the first would be a good date to set :)

as far as i can see MIDNIGHT RUN and BIGLAND BOY can line a greyhound :thumbsup:
is there no greyhound blood in the last 2 generations then john from either dog :unsure:

MY LETTER IS GOING IN TOMMOROW TO THE BWRA ITS A DISGRACE WHAT IS HAPPENING.

ANYTHING BORN OR BRED BEFORE THIS DATE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER WITH THE BWRA.

I would also like to see any litter bred in the last 12/15 months be allowed to be registered with the BWRA, regardless of the % of greyhound in the breeding.

Not to allow these offsprings to race is being spiteful. I still agree with to 2 generation gap.

Geoff

I would also like to see any litter bred in the last 12/15 months be allowed to be registered with the BWRA, regardless of the % of greyhound in the breeding.Not to allow these offsprings to race is being spiteful. I still agree with to 2 generation gap.

Geoff
spot on Geoff

as far as i can see MIDNIGHT RUN and BIGLAND BOY can line a greyhound :thumbsup:
is there no greyhound blood in the last 2 generations then john from either dog :unsure:
No, Bigland Boy has Silver Locket as a Grandparent. Midnight Run has Peaceful Dawn as a Great Grandparent, as such I would of thought the latter would be elligible for lining a greyhound.

I would also like to see any litter bred in the last 12/15 months be allowed to be registered with the BWRA, regardless of the % of greyhound in the breeding.Not to allow these offsprings to race is being spiteful. I still agree with to 2 generation gap.

Geoff

fair play geoff .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back