The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
BUT YOU MUST KNOW BECAUSE YOU PROPOSED IT. CHRIS AM I RIGHT IN SAYING ANY DOG WITH GREYHOUND TWO GENARATIONS BACK IN ITS BREEDING REGARDLESS OF SIZE

CAN NOT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND

IE

A WHPPET X GREYHOND PUPS ARE FIRST GENARATION

THERE OFF SPRING ARE SECOND GENERATION AND CANT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND

IS THAT CORRECT

GARY

NON PED WHIPPET X GREYHOUND.

(GENERATION 1) LITTER IS WHIPPET X GREYHOUND ( NOT TO BE BRED TO FULL GREYHOUND)

(GENERATION 2) WHIPPET X GREYHOUND X NON PED WHIPPET ( WHATEVER CROSS).......NOT TO BE BRED TO A GREYHOUND

(GENERATION 3) MAY BE BRED TO A GREYHOUND

:thumbsup:
Ok just looking at this thats all

An example to help you alfie p:

NON PED WHIPPET X GREYHOUND. (GENERATION 1) LITTER IS WHIPPET X GREYHOUND ( NOT TO BE BRED TO FULL GREYHOUND) WONDERWALL

(GENERATION 2) WHIPPET X GREYHOUND X NON PED WHIPPET ( WHATEVER CROSS).......NOT TO BE BRED TO A GREYHOUND MOANY MOANY

(GENERATION 3) MAY BE BRED TO A GREYHOUND FREYA

:thumbsup:

ok so am i being a bit thick here this will affect a lot of people in the non ped world but this will now mean a lot of people not saying what the right breeding will be who was so foolish to propose this or even secound it i can see this causing so much strife well im coming back racing got me pups but might just take them lurcher racing

Being quite new to the sport can someone give me a straight answer as to weather my pup can be registered or not Bigland BoyxMiss Match mini currently weighing 43lb and 10 months old????

Being quite new to the sport can someone give me a straight answer as to weather my pup can be registered or not Bigland BoyxMiss Match mini currently weighing 43lb and 10 months old????
looks like no mate

your best bet is to get in touch with someone from the bwra im sure there must be a solution to this even if it means setting a date personaly i dont think its workable

your best bet is to get in touch with someone from the bwra im sure there must be a solution to this even if it means setting a date personaly i dont think its workable
My documents were sent away over a week ago so will soon see what the outcome is,what is supposed to happen to all these pups???I think its a case of im alright jack in other words my dogs can race and dont give a monkeys about the rest?????

My documents were sent away over a week ago so will soon see what the outcome is,what is supposed to happen to all these pups???I think its a case of im alright jack in other words my dogs can race and dont give a monkeys about the rest?????
no not got my dogs done yet

OY THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING SINCE DEC THE 14TH LOL

NOT SO FUNNY NOW THOU IVE GOT TWO LITTERS THAT CANT BE REGISTERD

GARY

2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations.
Okay Ive been confused since this prop went in ...the way it read to me is

1/ You can breed a greyhound bitch to a whippet dog which has no greyhound blood in it for 2 generation ie... wor john , stag posses, chunky, hellbound etc ... or visa versa greyhound dog to a whippet bitch ...These pups would be okay to register

2/ you could not breed a greyhound to a stud dog that has 1 or 2 generation of greyhound in it ..ie magical dreams , sugar daddy, deneside belle etc

3/ you can not breed a whippet / greyhound to a whippet greyhound because the two generations outcross progeny...ie SUGAR DADDY ( sugar fire x ghd) x MISS TORI( gdh x miss Ellie)

STORM WARRIOR(sugar pace x ghd) x MANDY'S DREAM (ghd x Mandy's dream)

TYE BOUND ( spell bound x ghd) x SUGAR SWEET ( sugar fire x ghd)
Can I point out that Sugar Daddy x Miss Tori pups can be registered with the BWRA, but if Miss Tori or Sugar Daddy was put back to a greyhound, the offspring would be unable to be registered under this new ruling, and I can live with that.

BIG DAVES been on the phone biglandboy is only a quater ghd and bigland girl is no relation to bigland boy so any pups from biglandboy + ghd can register if you want to reply to this put your name your coment and i will pas it on.ps dont shoot the messanger :D

COME ON BWRA STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

AND ALL MEMBERS AS WELL

YOU KNOW THIS RULE AS IT STANDS IS WRONG

SO ALL WORK TOGETHER TO SORT IT OUT

TELL ME WHAT HAS ANY OF THESE PUPS OR BREEDERS DONE WRONG :angry: :angry: NOTHING

AND I ALSO THINK YOU ARE MAKING IT EASY FOR THE ANTI'S TO GET INVOLVED IN OUR SPORT

I AM ALSO NEW AND IF IT MENT ANY OF MY PUPS COULD NOT RACE BECAUSE OF THE NEW RULES

1,BREEDING

2, WEIGHT CAP

AND THEY WHERE BRED BEFORE THE AGM

I WOULD TAKE LEAGAL ACTION

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION AS I HAVE NO PERSONAL AXE'S TO GRIND WITH ANYONE :wub: :wub: :wub:

RAY o:) o:)

if thats the case then 2 half crosses cant be mated as was said bye the bwra before it was amended may work in theory but not in practice
How do you summise that?

The 2 half crosses can mate under the new rule, they just couldn't mate a pure greyhound.

ups.jpg
SO VICKY CAN THIS MATTING BE REGISTERD LOL

GARY
In my opinion, the date of birth would be of relevance here. No-one could answer until the BWRA release a date as to when this rule is implicated and as a good will gesture, allow a 63 day leeway from the date of instatement.

thats just my point vic the cap should be enough to do the job and make people look at what there breeding and bring down the size without all the confusion
THE CAP IS NOT ENOUGH. There are thousands of greyhounds in this country weighing below 55lb. Folk can lie about the breeding!

Furthermore, the scratch classes was created to accomodate ''freak'' dogs that were over the handicap weights. These ''freaks'' were from genuine matings of small handicap weight whippets to greyhounds. As what was, should still be.

Heres a quick list of stud dogs that cannot line a greyhound ...all these have been used as stud dogs i am sure there will be more
Storm Warrior

Stag Possessed

Red Ranger

Tyebound

Akinda Pleasure

Midnight Run

Breakfast Boy

Sugar Daddy

Bigland Boy

Storm Warrior

Ones Custi Bok

Magical Dreams

Sugar Fire

Son Of A Bitch

Brookhill Buddy

Dennis The Mence
Which committee member disputed lining Midnight Run to a Greyhound? I think they've made an error here and maybe Jackie might like to contact the BWRA herself in person to clarify, although I suspect her dog would be perfectly elligable to line a greyhound.

People can state this isn't workable as many times as they like on here but there is a perfectly reasonable way to implicate breeding terms without causing upset.

Issue the 2009 rules to the public via whippet news, the BWRA website and a formal letter to all members with a 63 day leeway from it's instatement. Any bitches who have conceived on the day or before the rule has been implicated will be covered for registration. Bitches due to whelp within this 63 day period should be informed to the BWRA incase they go over their due date along with the date of conception.

In my eyes the BWRA would be immune from criticism with DEFRA because they've recognised a problem, instigated a change whilst simultaneously preventing a ''welfare issue''.

Last edited by a moderator:
2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations.
Okay Ive been confused since this prop went in ...the way it read to me is

1/ You can breed a greyhound bitch to a whippet dog which has no greyhound blood in it for 2 generation ie... wor john , stag posses, chunky, hellbound etc ... or visa versa greyhound dog to a whippet bitch ...These pups would be okay to register

2/ you could not breed a greyhound to a stud dog that has 1 or 2 generation of greyhound in it ..ie magical dreams , sugar daddy, deneside belle etc

3/ you can not breed a whippet / greyhound to a whippet greyhound because the two generations outcross progeny...ie SUGAR DADDY ( sugar fire x ghd) x MISS TORI( gdh x miss Ellie)

STORM WARRIOR(sugar pace x ghd) x MANDY'S DREAM (ghd x Mandy's dream)

TYE BOUND ( spell bound x ghd) x SUGAR SWEET ( sugar fire x ghd)
Can I point out that Sugar Daddy x Miss Tori pups can be registered with the BWRA, but if Miss Tori or Sugar Daddy was put back to a greyhound, the offspring would be unable to be registered under this new ruling, and I can live with that.
YES GEOFF THAT RIGHT AND THAT IS WHY IT IS SO WRONG

YOU CAN PUT A 3/4 CROSS TO A 1/2 CROSS BUT CANT PUT A 1/4 TO A GREYHOUND IT STINKS BUT THERE ARE SOME OUT THERE THAT THINK THATS OK

EXAMPLE

TWO BECOME ONE X GREYHOUND IS A NO AND WOULD CREATE MOST YARD PER POUNDERS AND SOME SCRATCH DOGS

AND

SUGAR DADDY TO MISS TORI OR MANDYS DREAM OR EVEN BAGGERA IS OK AND IS A YES BUT IN MY OPINION WOULD ONLY PRODUCE SRATCH DOGS

SET UP SPRINGS TO MIND

GARY

I May not know everything there is to know about racing, rulings, and breeding, but let me just say this when you see someone put their heart and soul into something it's horrible to see it taken away this is Tina speaking not Darren and from an outside point of view who has the right to make rulings after breedings have happened long before rules came into place, as you all know we have had litters and a lot of excited owners are waiting to register their dogs, these dogs were bred for racing would you all agree that this is a huge amount of litters which will miss out of having a racing career, these decisions in my opinion should be thought out very carefully and you don't have to be a expert to realise that,it just takes a bit of COMMON SENSE and yes we shall definatley be making complaints if our dogs cannot be registered as they were born in may.

Never the less for us racing has been a social and enjoyable experience for the whole family and even though we lead very hectic lifes we enjoy what time we can when racing, I don't even know the names of the people who set these rules but may I just say that for what ever reason this may be you have definatley brought alot of anger to those who are very passionate about their dogs and racing.

The unexperienced one looking in xx

when the scratch dogs came along, you took there money and now your pulling the rug from under there feet,

wer will it all end,

GET RID OFF THE CAP

LET PEOPLE BREED WHAT THEY WANT,

well said tina , dont know whats going on but this is tearing the sport apart

the CAP works on its own and no one should be told they cant regester any pups allready born it goes against promoting the sport and is probably ilegal especialy as we are still paid up members racing on last years membership

if thats the case then 2 half crosses cant be mated as was said bye the bwra before it was amended may work in theory but not in practice
How do you summise that?

The 2 half crosses can mate under the new rule, they just couldn't mate a pure greyhound.

ups.jpg
SO VICKY CAN THIS MATTING BE REGISTERD LOL

GARY
In my opinion, the date of birth would be of relevance here. No-one could answer until the BWRA release a date as to when this rule is implicated and as a good will gesture, allow a 63 day leeway from the date of instatement.

thats just my point vic the cap should be enough to do the job and make people look at what there breeding and bring down the size without all the confusion
THE CAP IS NOT ENOUGH. There are thousands of greyhounds in this country weighing below 55lb. Folk can lie about the breeding!

Furthermore, the scratch classes was created to accomodate ''freak'' dogs that were over the handicap weights. These ''freaks'' were from genuine matings of small handicap weight whippets to greyhounds. As what was, should still be.

Heres a quick list of stud dogs that cannot line a greyhound ...all these have been used as stud dogs i am sure there will be more
Storm Warrior

Stag Possessed

Red Ranger

Tyebound

Akinda Pleasure

Midnight Run

Breakfast Boy

Sugar Daddy

Bigland Boy

Storm Warrior

Ones Custi Bok

Magical Dreams

Sugar Fire

Son Of A Bitch

Brookhill Buddy

Dennis The Mence
Which committee member disputed lining Midnight Run to a Greyhound? I think they've made an error here and maybe Jackie might like to contact the BWRA herself in person to clarify, although I suspect her dog would be perfectly elligable to line a greyhound.

People can state this isn't workable as many times as they like on here but there is a perfectly reasonable way to implicate breeding terms without causing upset.

Issue the 2009 rules to the public via whippet news, the BWRA website and a formal letter to all members with a 63 day leeway from it's instatement. Any bitches who have conceived on the day or before the rule has been implicated will be covered for registration. Bitches due to whelp within this 63 day period should be informed to the BWRA incase they go over their due date along with the date of conception.

In my eyes the BWRA would be immune from criticism with DEFRA because they've recognised a problem, instigated a change whilst simultaneously preventing a ''welfare issue''.
I HAVE ASKED THE BWRA IF THEY HAVE ALOWED TIME FOR PUPS ALREADY BORN TO REGISTER THERE ANSWER WAS NO IT STARTED ON 14TH OF DEC

GARY

when the scratch dogs came along, you took there money and now your pulling the rug from under there feet, wer will it all end,

GET RID OFF THE CAP

LET PEOPLE BREED WHAT THEY WANT,

For the first time in my life geordie i agree with you GET RID OF THESE STUPID RULES.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back