The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
There is no need for another vote John.The passed proposal put into practise,means exactly what it says.You cannot put a half cross whippet/greyhound back to a full greyhound,nor can you put any offspring from the said half cross bred to a whippet,back to a full greyhound.The onus in the passed proposal was breeding to a full greyhound,nothing else.

What I said to John fits exactly the breeding you are describing gary

BUT YOU MUST KNOW BECAUSE YOU PROPOSED IT. CHRIS AM I RIGHT IN SAYING

ANY DOG WITH GREYHOUND TWO GENARATIONS BACK IN ITS BREEDING REGARDLESS OF SIZE

CAN NOT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND

IE

A WHPPET X GREYHOND PUPS ARE FIRST GENARATION

THERE OFF SPRING ARE SECOND GENERATION AND CANT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND

IS THAT CORRECT

GARY

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary i think it means no matter what the size wether it be 16lb or 50lb if the dog has greyhound in its breeding 2 genarations back then it carn't be put onto a greyhound. Thats how i think it is any way. Hope this is right and helps.

Quick and easy way of seeing if a dog is suitable for lining to a Greyhound - If the word Greyhound appears in either of the first 3 columns on a pedigree on the BWRA website then it cannot be used to line to a greyhound. Is that easier to understand?

BUT YOU MUST KNOW BECAUSE YOU PROPOSED IT. CHRIS AM I RIGHT IN SAYING ANY DOG WITH GREYHOUND TWO GENARATIONS BACK IN ITS BREEDING REGARDLESS OF SIZE

CAN NOT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND

IE

A WHPPET X GREYHOND PUPS ARE FIRST GENARATION

THERE OFF SPRING ARE SECOND GENERATION AND CANT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND

IS THAT CORRECT

GARY

NON PED WHIPPET X GREYHOUND.

(GENERATION 1) LITTER IS WHIPPET X GREYHOUND ( NOT TO BE BRED TO FULL GREYHOUND)

(GENERATION 2) WHIPPET X GREYHOUND X NON PED WHIPPET ( WHATEVER CROSS).......NOT TO BE BRED TO A GREYHOUND

(GENERATION 3) MAY BE BRED TO A GREYHOUND

:thumbsup:

if thats the case then 2 half crosses cant be mated as was said bye the bwra before it was amended may work in theory but not in practice

Quick and easy way of seeing if a dog is suitable for lining to a Greyhound - If the word Greyhound appears in either of the first 3 columns on a pedigree on the BWRA website then it cannot be used to line to a greyhound. Is that easier to understand?

but i thought b.w.r.a were ,,saying we can breed 1/2 cross whip/grey to another 1/2 whip/grey,,,,,iam now really confused now

by all means cap the dogs,,,,,,,,,but throw this breeding thing out,,what a joke

if thats the case then 2 half crosses cant be mated as was said bye the bwra before it was amended may work in theory but not in practice
How did you work that out Gary?Neither one of the half crosses is a full greyhound

I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER

IM JUST TRYING TO LET PEOPLE THAT DONT UNDERSTAND

KNOW I WILL MAKE A LIST OF ALL THE DOGS THIS EFFECTS

SO GET READY FOR A BIG LIST

AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PHONE COS IT WILL BE RED HOT VERY SOON

GARY

i promise i am not havin a personal dig as i hope all that rubbish is well behind us all but the only way forward as i can see this is for this ruling to be scrapped and let the 55 cap do just what its in for

How did you work that out Gary?Neither one of the half crosses is a full greyhound
Thats assuming you meant to each other
YES KARREN AND THAT ALSO MEANS ANY HALFCROSS OFFSPRING CAN NOT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND

IT WOULD BE QUICKER TO TELL YOU THE DOGS WE CAN USE LOL

On the flip side of the coin there are still many handicap weight dogs suitable for breeding with a greyhound, and for people wanting scratch dogs, i've listed some heavyweight / scratch dogs with no greyhound within 2 generations so would still be eligable for use to a greyhound bitch (obviously if they didn't go over 55lb), just a few off the top of my head, sure there's plenty more.

Chunkie 36/37lb

Avit 37lb

Hellbound 32lb

Maid Your Point 29/30lb

Sid Young 31lb

Eversley Lad 31/32lb

Sun Prince 31/32lb

Tarkow 45?lb

Robbie Dazzler 36lb

Last edited by a moderator:
ups.jpg

SO VICKY CAN THIS MATTING BE REGISTERD LOL

GARY

thats just my point vic the cap should be enough to do the job and make people look at what there breeding and bring down the size without all the confusion

Thats assuming you meant to each other
of course i mean to each other karen
Then sorry Gary,but your wrong.Would like to add that there may well be some pups,yearlings that may or may not be already registered that will be affected by the 55lb cap .I'm sure the owners of these dogs will be worrying also.Not sure what our pup will make,but we have accepted that if he goes over he can't run as that is what the membership voted for.If I feel that the 55lb cap has had an adverse affect then ,will be proposing (providing I can find a seconder :lol: ) in 2 years time for a change,as I believe the membership run the BWRA,and what the majority of members want should apply.Would like to remind everybody though that in the future,please make sure you take into account when you want proposals to start,and make this clear in your proposals. :thumbsup:

WHY IM SAYING THIS IS BECAUSE THE BRREDER OR THIS WAS FOR THE RULLING

AND THOUGHT IT DID NOT EFFECT HIS DOGS

NOW IT DOES .ALSO BIGLAND GIRL WAS PUT TO A GREYHOUND SO THAT ONE IS A NO NO AS WELL

SHALL I CARRY ON

GARY

the cap is enough to make people stear clear of greyhound blood for a good while, didnt you panic a bit karen at the meeting when you thought it would be brought in straight away regarding the cap :( has luck had it it didnt so it didnt efect your dog but i bet you would of felt different if you were told thats the end of his carear :( as is efecting the carear of a lot of yet unregestered pups this does not just effect garyys couple of pups wich by the way are only 43 pound at 14 month

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back