The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
before anyone thinks this is to cause trouble its not iam genuinly concerned what this ruling is going to cause for future racing

Was panicing before the AGM Gaz :thumbsup: Infact I started worrying as soon as I saw the proposal on the voting form :sweating: I realized that the words of the proposal could apply to dogs already running,because there was no start date for which dogs the capping was to apply to.I therefore realized that because of the lack of start date on the proposal I had a valid argument to put to those who attended the AGM.I also knew that if I wasn't able to get this point over at the AGM,then that would possibly be the end of Harvey's racing career.I was fortunate that the membership who attended the AGM agreed that Harvey and other dogs in the same boat could continue to run,because Mr Syson hadn't been exact enough in his written proposal.

I have every sympathy with Gary and the rest of the breeders who already have pups or dogs that fall within the passed breeding proposal :( but if I could see that the 55lb cap could affect Harvey surely they could see that it could possibly affect their dogs.I believe you are on to a losing battle trying to overrule Marie's proposal,but think the road ahead lies in appealing to the membership and the BWRA commitee to allow dogs already here to run. :luck:

Was panicing before the AGM Gaz :thumbsup: Infact I started worrying as soon as I saw the proposal on the voting form :sweating: I realized that the words of the proposal could apply to dogs already running,because there was no start date for which dogs the capping was to apply to.I therefore realized that because of the lack of start date on the proposal I had a valid argument to put to those who attended the AGM.I also knew that if I wasn't able to get this point over at the AGM,then that would possibly be the end of Harvey's racing career.I was fortunate that the membership who attended the AGM agreed that Harvey and other dogs in the same boat could continue to run,because Mr Syson hadn't been exact enough in his written proposal.I have every sympathy with Gary and the rest of the breeders who already have pups or dogs that fall within the passed breeding proposal :( but if I could see that the 55lb cap could affect Harvey surely they could see that it could possibly affect their dogs.I believe you are on to a losing battle trying to overrule Marie's proposal,but think the road ahead lies in appealing to the membership and the BWRA commitee to allow dogs already here to run. :luck:
Karen Gaz did appeal and you seen the letter that he got back ... I think it would be fair to any dog thats been bred before the agm date to be allowed membership

Personally i would like to see the members behind any dog that is refused its registration born before the end of 2008... for the welfare of these none ped whippets .. don't think anyone is against either proposal just the time limit and the young dogs it affect.

I'm not sure but from what I understand from the proposal and Marie's comprehensive explanation ...

Bigland Sue is the progeny of a greyhound. The proposal stated that the progeny of a greyhound cannot go back to a full greyhound for two generations.

Bigland Boy is the is only the first generation out of the whipxghd progeny, a mating to a further whippet (not (whip x ghd) ) would be required before Bigland Boy could be mated to a greyhound.

Feel free to correct me and explain if I have misunderstood :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that what i thought bigland boy goes back to a greyhound 2 generation ..so cannot line a greyhound

same as son of a bitch is 1 generation greyhound and its sapling Dennis the menace is 2nd generation ...so neither could line a greyhound

No Elise, you are right. I'm going to delete my post coz i'm just gonna confuse matters even more lol.

GUESS WHAT THE GREAT STUD DOG TWO BECOME ONE X GREYHOUND IS A NO NO THIS IS GETTING SILLY NOW

BUT ITS TRUE

GARY

Heres a quick list of stud dogs that cannot line a greyhound ...all these have been used as stud dogs i am sure there will be more
Storm Warrior

Stag Possessed

Red Ranger

Tyebound

Akinda Pleasure

Midnight Run

Breakfast Boy

Sugar Daddy

Bigland Boy

Storm Warrior

Ones Custi Bok

Magical Dreams

Sugar Fire

Son Of A Bitch

Brookhill Buddy

Dennis The Mence
Okay so all the pups born out of litters to a greyhound x any of these stud dogs ...not registered cannnot not ... what happens to the ones that where registered last year ... some will be registered and some wont be allowed .... my god i can see world war 3 :unsure:
I suppose the only thing to do would be for the membership to present their concerns to the BWRA via the grievance procedure they have laid down in their rules and request an amendment to their decision to allow a period of grace for pups born or due to be whelped within 9-10 weeks of the date of the AGM (10 weeks to allow for any bitches going overdue). Of course there would have to be sufficient signatories to show that the matter was of a great concern to the majority of the membership and in the best interest of the dogs that would be affected by this ruling.

IT,S ALL WENT PETE TONG

even if there was a cap off 40lb,,,we dont need anyone telling us how to breed our non peds to achieve this,,,, ( it all went abit kennel club )

UVE GOT UR CAP,,AND PROBABLY IN A FEW YEAR,S IT WILL BE LOWERED AGAIN,,,BE HAPPY WITH THAT,,,,,just my veiw guys :thumbsup:

So how Manny pups is it going to affect now and whats going to happen to them all

IT,S ALL WENT PETE TONG

even if there was a cap off 40lb,,,we dont need anyone telling us how to breed our non peds to achieve this,,,, ( it all went abit kennel club )

UVE GOT UR CAP,,AND PROBABLY IN A FEW YEAR,S IT WILL BE LOWERED AGAIN,,,BE HAPPY WITH THAT,,,,,just my veiw guys :thumbsup:
spot on

So how Manny pups is it going to affect now and whats going to happen to them all
Until a list is made of stud dogs and what they have lined , also whats already been registered out of these litters at the bwra ,,,,i have no idea..

I only looked at the obvious .. someone will need to do a list of stud dogs and greyhounds lined ...

i have a few questions please be nice when answer them 1 i have a bitch out of tinkerman + ghd only 24lb what stud dog can i use 2 why has somebody put this proposal in (is it they have a small scratch dog) 3 to what i can make out most of the people who voted for this havent got scratch dogs true or not. when i came into this sport about 8 years ago you could race any any kind of dog as long as it looked whippet type no matter how it was bred. so come on lets just scrap this silly idea (on paper anythink works in realaty it dont). just have a think about how many members who dont race now from when you started. all of this for just a handful of big scratch dogs who pay there money just like the rest of us. early thanks for your nice answers.

ups.jpg
SO VICKY CAN THIS MATTING BE REGISTERD LOL

GARY
so wye carnt bigland boy go to greyhound

BIGLAND BOY x GREYHOUND pups 6

PADDOCK SINGER GDH x BIGLAND GIRL pups 6

GHD SEAL THE FLINT x STAG POSSESSED pups 8

KILLEACLE RENI (GHD) x MAGICAL DREAMS pups 5

Just a quickly of the litters i know of the top of my head

Because it has a greyhound SILVER LOCKET 2 generation back

BIGLAND BOY x GREYHOUND pups 6PADDOCK SINGER GDH x BIGLAND GIRL pups 6

GHD SEAL THE FLINT x STAG POSSESSED pups 8

KILLEACLE RENI (GHD) x MAGICAL DREAMS pups 5

Just a quickly of the litters i know of the top of my head
how much greyhound in bigland girl then

i have a few questions please be nice when answer them 1 i have a bitch out of tinkerman + ghd only 24lb what stud dog can i use 2 why has somebody put this proposal in (is it they have a small scratch dog) 3 to what i can make out most of the people who voted for this havent got scratch dogs true or not. when i came into this sport about 8 years ago you could race any any kind of dog as long as it looked whippet type no matter how it was bred. so come on lets just scrap this silly idea (on paper anythink works in realaty it dont). just have a think about how many members who dont race now from when you started. all of this for just a handful of big scratch dogs who pay there money just like the rest of us. early thanks for your nice answers.
Hi there Trevor, Q1 any stud dog you like, providing it's not a full greyhound :thumbsup:

Q2 No they don't have a small scratch dog, they have a couple of my bred dogs ie Pagon Prince and Pagon Bear both no limiters :thumbsup: Also they have another scratch dog, and guess who bred it, and that is Dodgy Chaser :D :thumbsup:

Q3 Yes more people voted on this new ruling who don't have scratch dogs.

Geoff

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back