The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi All

Just to update you. The issues have been resolved and the out come will be posted on the BWRA website as soon as possible. By the Chairman of the BWRA.

Regards

Joyce Thoburn

Treasurer

I see where you are coming from , but some basic English language when read can mean two different thing to two different people ....
Some statements might be interpreted in different ways but such a basic statement can only have one correct meaning. Where the interpertations are mutually exclusive of each other they can't both be correct. All the individual words in the proposal have specific meanings and you can't change their meaning to suit your interpretation. The term "greyhound" in the proposal cannot correctly be interpreted as meaning greyhound crosses.

I know what you are saying Tony ... but this proposals has definitely be interpreted in different ways by some people

Can i just add i am not against the down sizing of none ped whippets one bit ... i believe it has to be done some how and agree that the program you did was very good and workable

The only problems i have at the minute is that members with young greyhound x whippet what ever % ...should be treat the same ... and these dogs should be allowed to have there racing careers,

I don't think for one moment genuine members that have young dogs that may fall outside the new rules should be penalized ...these young dogs were bred long before the 08 proposals.

Just hope thing get sorted out soon

Hi All
Just to update you. The issues have been resolved and the out come will be posted on the BWRA website as soon as possible. By the Chairman of the BWRA.

Regards

Joyce Thoburn

Treasurer

Thanks very much for informing us all Joyce :thumbsup:

2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations.
Okay Ive been confused since this prop went in ...the way it read to me is

1/ You can breed a greyhound bitch to a whippet dog which has no greyhound blood in it for 2 generation ie... wor john , stag posses, chunky, hellbound etc ... or visa versa greyhound dog to a whippet bitch ...These pups would be okay to register

2/ you could not breed a greyhound to a stud dog that has 1 or 2 generation of greyhound in it ..ie magical dreams , sugar daddy, deneside belle etc

3/ you can not breed a whippet / greyhound to a whippet greyhound because the two generations outcross progeny...ie SUGAR DADDY ( sugar fire x ghd) x MISS TORI( gdh x miss Ellie)

STORM WARRIOR(sugar pace x ghd) x MANDY'S DREAM (ghd x Mandy's dream)

TYE BOUND ( spell bound x ghd) x SUGAR SWEET ( sugar fire x ghd)

i would just like to add that Ty's breeding is correct (spelbound x Ghd) but SUGAR SWEET is out of sugar fire (sire) and a whippet greyhound(not greyhound) bitch called 'Zukka' which Geoff Fletcher bred but was owned by Dave Pullen 'Zukka' was out of 'Milly' and 'Tay'
Hi Becki, Zukka wasn't out of our Milly x Tay, Zukka was out of Milly x Defa.

Milly was out of our Tay and our Penny, Brian Seedhouse and Vern Hutchin's bred Penny out of Country Music x Greyhound I also had the litter brother to Penny, and that was our Bow.

Regarding Defa's breeding, he was out of Karen's dog (rodders) Del Boy and Vicky Growcocks bitch, maybe if Vicky reads this post she'll put the breeding of the bitch, I know it wasn't a full bred greyhound.

I feel like I've been down this road once before having to explain the breeding of our dogs. :thumbsup:

after sitting back and reading all these posts i would like to ask the question as you all know i have a pup which i bred out of magical dreams x killeacle reni she is under the 55lb and was bred well before any meeting took place it is my opinion that all this litter should be allowed to race with the bwra.

i would like to know other members feelings regarding any litters that were born or bred before the 14/12/08.

2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations.
Okay Ive been confused since this prop went in ...the way it read to me is

1/ You can breed a greyhound bitch to a whippet dog which has no greyhound blood in it for 2 generation ie... wor john , stag posses, chunky, hellbound etc ... or visa versa greyhound dog to a whippet bitch ...These pups would be okay to register

2/ you could not breed a greyhound to a stud dog that has 1 or 2 generation of greyhound in it ..ie magical dreams , sugar daddy, deneside belle etc

3/ you can not breed a whippet / greyhound to a whippet greyhound because the two generations outcross progeny...ie SUGAR DADDY ( sugar fire x ghd) x MISS TORI( gdh x miss Ellie)

STORM WARRIOR(sugar pace x ghd) x MANDY'S DREAM (ghd x Mandy's dream)

TYE BOUND ( spell bound x ghd) x SUGAR SWEET ( sugar fire x ghd)

i would just like to add that Ty's breeding is correct (spelbound x Ghd) but SUGAR SWEET is out of sugar fire (sire) and a whippet greyhound(not greyhound) bitch called 'Zukka' which Geoff Fletcher bred but was owned by Dave Pullen 'Zukka' was out of 'Milly' and 'Tay'
Hi Becki, Zukka wasn't out of our Milly x Tay, Zukka was out of Milly x Defa.

Milly was out of our Tay and our Penny, Brian Seedhouse and Vern Hutchin's bred Penny out of Country Music x Greyhound I also had the litter brother to Penny, and that was our Bow.

Regarding Defa's breeding, he was out of Karen's dog (rodders) Del Boy and Vicky Growcocks bitch, maybe if Vicky reads this post she'll put the breeding of the bitch, I know it wasn't a full bred greyhound.

I feel like I've been down this road once before having to explain the breeding of our dogs. :thumbsup:
Im sure this will all be sorted in the end

Its funny how everyone is panicing that they might not be able to run they dog that was bred long before the rules were introduced

but will be happy with the ruling as long as it does not effect them

As i have stated before i have a bitch out of magical dreams and a greyhound that at the time was bred within the rules

It is now 14MONTHS OLD and weighs 44lb fully grown

AND NOW IM TOLD THE POWERS ABOVE WILL NOT LET ME REGISTER IT BECAUSE OF ITS BREEDIND EVEN THOU ITS SMALLER THAN MOST OF THE NO LIMITS

AND I COULD HAVE REGISERD IT IN OCTOBER 2008 BUT WAS TOLD THAT THE BOOKS WERE CLOSED FOR NEW REGISTRATIONS

NOW TELL ME THAT IVE ONLY GOT MY SELF TO BLAME

AND IVE NOT BEEN SET UP

SO COME ON THE BWRA TELL ME ON HERE WHEN YOU GIVE YOUR NEW STATEMENT THAT I STILL CANT REGISTER MY DOG

COS THATS WHAT WILL HAPPEN

IF IT ONLY EFFECTS GARY FARMERS DOG THEN YOU WILL ALL SIT BACK AND SAY ITS FINE

GARY

GARY

Last edited by a moderator:
after sitting back and reading all these posts i would like to ask the question as you all know i have a pup which i bred out of magical dreams x killeacle reni she is under the 55lb and was bred well before any meeting took place it is my opinion that all this litter should be allowed to race with the bwra.i would like to know other members feelings regarding any litters that were born or bred before the 14/12/08.
Personally I can't see why you can't register this pup Graham, the mating took place well before the new ruling was made. I can only see the new ruling being able to affect matings taking place after the 14th Dec 2008 as from that point the new ruling becomes a pre-requisite for eligibility of a pup to be registered, and breeders will be bearing this in mind when they intend to produce a litter eligible for BWRA registration. Prior to this date any mating of a x Ghd to a full greyhound was not against the rules of the BWRA as regards eligibility for registration and so breeders would be penalised for doing something which was considered acceptable or "legal" prior to the new ruling :( .

after sitting back and reading all these posts i would like to ask the question as you all know i have a pup which i bred out of magical dreams x killeacle reni she is under the 55lb and was bred well before any meeting took place it is my opinion that all this litter should be allowed to race with the bwra.i would like to know other members feelings regarding any litters that were born or bred before the 14/12/08.
Personally I can't see why you can't register this pup Graham, the mating took place well before the new ruling was made. I can only see the new ruling being able to affect matings taking place after the 14th Dec 2008 as from that point the new ruling becomes a pre-requisite for eligibility of a pup to be registered, and breeders will be bearing this in mind when they intend to produce a litter eligible for BWRA registration. Prior to this date any mating of a x Ghd to a full greyhound was not against the rules of the BWRA as regards eligibility for registration and so breeders would be penalised for doing something which was considered acceptable or "legal" prior to the new ruling :( .
spot on that mate

spot on that mate

Clear clarification statement is now on the BWRA website, its under latest news. Thank you to the committee for their response

Just as a matter of curiousty what percentage of the BWRA committee are MEN??---and you cant count Colin as he has to do what Alison tells him--lol

steve

just been reading the BWRA report glad to see they have resolved part of this issue HOWEVER I do feel they have a moral and possibly legal obligation to accommodate and accept all pups born and pups due from bitches mated before the 14th December 2008

JUST LOOKED ON BWRA WEBSITE

THEY ARE SAYING THAT I NOW CAN MATE A HALF CROSS TO A HALF CROSS

THATS FINE

BUT THEY ARE NOW SAYING THE PUPS FROM THIS MATING CAN NOT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND BECAUSE IT IS ONLY SECOND GENERATION

SO

NOW MOLLY STAG IS A HALF CROSS

STAG POSSESSED IS SECOND GENARATION SO THEREFOR CAN NOT BE MATED TO A GREYHOUND IS THAT WRIGHT

GARY

THIS QUESTION IS FOR MARIELOU WHO PROPOSED IT

JUST LOOKED ON BWRA WEBSITE THEY ARE SAYING THAT I NOW CAN MATE A HALF CROSS TO A HALF CROSS

THATS FINE

BUT THEY ARE NOW SAYING THE PUPS FROM THIS MATING CAN NOT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND BECAUSE IT IS ONLY SECOND GENERATION

SO

STAG POSSESSED IS SECOND GENARATION SO THEREFOR CAN NOT BE MATED TO A GREYHOUND IS THAT WRIGHT

GARY

Hi Gary, could you add the breeding history of the dog you are talking about as it's quite difficult to understand your'e query, you know your dogs like the back of your hand, but it's a bit more difficult if you havent bred them. Not so sure that maries answer is necessary tho as it would be the bwra's recognition that would be required not marie's or myself who seconded it. Thanks, chris.

JUST LOOKED ON BWRA WEBSITE THEY ARE SAYING THAT I NOW CAN MATE A HALF CROSS TO A HALF CROSS

THATS FINE

SO

GARY

Hi Gary

First of all Im sorry for the long reply but I do realise that this is a very difficult and upsetting time for you. I have spoken to a lot of people who have been upset over aspects of some of the new rules, particularly the 55lb rule as it happens. Before I try to answer your question I just wanted to say that Chris and I did not propose this because we wanted to upset anyone but because we could see that a change of this kind was inevitable and we wanted to try and put one together that was easy to understand and implement and also left people with the maximum amount of choices with their breeding programmes :) . Ours was just one of very many similar proposals some of them a lot more far reaching from what ive been told so if it wasn't ours it would have been someone elses. It has been voted in by a respectable majority and from what I can see from the BWRA statement they are trying to go with the new rule as proposed and are willing to answer any queries. As I said I can understand that you are not a happy bunny and probably in your shoes I probably wouldnt be either

Im not very familiar with your breeding but I think it goes something like this

Molly stag is the progeny of a full greyhound and there fore this progeny cannot be bred back to a full greyhound for 2 generations ie Molly stag, her litter brothers and sisters cannot be bred to a full greyhound and neither can their sons and daughters but their grandchildren can

Stag Possessed being progeny of Molly Stag therefore cannot be mated to a full greyhound but Stag Possessed children can. I hope I havent misunderstood their breeding

It should be borne in mind though the implications of the other major change ie the 55lb rule and how this will impact on sales of litters with high proportions of greyhounds......just for the record I voted against the 55lb weight cap. :)

I know you probably see me as the evil witch of the north who has thoughtlessly done this just to be a pain to you but that couldnt be further from the truth

main thing wrong with this new ruling is it should of had a time put on it :b not right away :angry: the welfare of the dogs should come first and there are quite a few litters now allready born but not yet regestered will have be looked at,

if a time of say even the end of feb 2009 was put in then at least no one would be feeling victimised :angry: as it gives them a chance to regester any pups soley bred for non ped racing, then everyone would have to say yes we need to breed down a bit even though i personaly feel the 55 cap will do just that..... the wellfare of these not yet regestered puppies should be priority

main thing wrong with this new ruling is it should of had a time put on it :b not right away :angry: the welfare of the dogs should come first and there are quite a few litters now allready born but not yet regestered will have be looked at,
if a time of say even the end of feb 2009 was put in then at least no one would be feeling victimised :angry: as it gives them a chance to regester any pups soley bred for non ped racing, then everyone would have to say yes we need to breed down a bit even though i personaly feel the 55 cap will do just that..... the wellfare of these not yet regestered puppies should be priority
I dont disagree with you Gary but that isnt my call to make :)

that means that stag possessed cant be put to a greyhound ok

BIGLAND BOY CANT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND

SUGAR FAIR CANT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND

GEMS LAD SHALL I GO ON

THESE ARE JUST DOGS THAT COME TO MIND

SO TINKERMAN X GREYHOUND

THERE OFFSPRING CANT GO TO A GREYHOUND FIRS T GENARATION I WILL CALL THE PUP TINKERS MILL WHIPPET X GREYHOUND 26LB

SHE NOW BREEDS WITH LETS SAY JUST FREINDS 19LB SECOND GENARATION SO YOUR SAYING THIS OFFSPRING MAY NOT BE PUT TO A GREYHONND

EVEN THOU IT MY ONLY WEIGH 19LB

IM I CORRECT

GARY

that means that stag possessed cant be put to a greyhound ok BIGLAND BOY CANT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND

SUGAR FAIR CANT BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND

GEMS LAD SHALL I GO ON

THESE ARE JUST DOGS THAT COME TO MIND

SO TINKERMAN X GREYHOUND

THERE OFFSPRING CANT GO TO A GREYHOUND FIRS T GENARATION I WILL CALL THE PUP TINKERS MILL WHIPPET X GREYHOUND 26LB

SHE NOW BREEDS WITH LETS SAY JUST FREINDS 19LB SECOND GENARATION SO YOUR SAYING THIS OFFSPRING MAY NOT BE PUT TO A GREYHONND

EVEN THOU IT MY ONLY WEIGH 19LB

IM I CORRECT

GARY
Im sorry Gary but Ive tried to answer you as clearly as I can but I seem to be failing, I can't put it anymore clearly than I already have. Maybe Chris can put it better when she comes on line again

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back