The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

No Limit Cap

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
johnnoble said:
I voted for the cap, i think the big dogs are getting beyond a joke, they are just getting bigger and bigger. If you want big dogs go greyhound racing.  You were warned by the BWRA chairman 5 year ago that the size should be brought down but it seems you have ignored this , so therefore you only have yourselves to blame.

well said john this is what it's really all about, :thumbsup:

and maurice i am a payed up member of the b.w.r.a iam entitled to a vote and make a comment, i will also be a member next year and for many years to come i hope. :))

billyboy45 said:
Vicky said:
Have a look at this, this is no joke.
d0a731a7.jpg

Vicky said:
it only takes one of the greyhound owners to complain to defra about the current "No Limit" racing being saturated by large quantities of what can only be described as greyhounds - if DEFRA got involved the issue would concern ALL whippet racers, not just the scratch owners.
Now once you've come to your conclusion of what the above trial mating would produce, swap the poodle for a greyhound and this is a situation we could find ourselves fighting defra against. How would it stand up in court that the dog was whippet?

Nephew is sitting beside me,laughing his bo.....s off,and says it would result in one more black bin liner.But then he's the local dog warden,and thats what most of what he gets ends up as.Just another statistic.You have a point there Vicki,but still,pups already bred,or in the incubator,should be alloud to race.One ? i would have,would be this.What if a pup was regestered,as a 10 month old.Raced as a pup,wins a few,or whatever,but when finished growing,ends up 5lb hevier,than when regestered,and over the 55lb mark.What then,as it would already have been regestered,and raced.Would the owner then have to part company,with a posible champion.Or would they have to starve it,to keep weight down,which to me,would be a bigger problem,causing the animal to race,when not in a healthy state,to do so.Which,as ive seen many times,in greyhound racing,causes the animal to collapse,in the middle of a race,and take everything else but what was in front of it,with it. Just a thought. ...Billy...

I asked that question at AGM Billy.About a pup already registered and running that when mature went over the 55lb mark.Was told the exemption would only apply to registered adults already racing.Still can't get my head around scratch racers who would be affected by these proposals,not attending the AGM.I'm sure some had very good reasons for not being able to attend,but for those that didn't :wacko: I was able to fight(not physically :lol: ) for Harveys right to continue to race because I was there.

sooner said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
Vicky said:
Have a look at this, this is no joke.
d0a731a7.jpg

Vicky said:
it only takes one of the greyhound owners to complain to defra about the current "No Limit" racing being saturated by large quantities of what can only be described as greyhounds - if DEFRA got involved the issue would concern ALL whippet racers, not just the scratch owners.
Now once you've come to your conclusion of what the above trial mating would produce, swap the poodle for a greyhound and this is a situation we could find ourselves fighting defra against. How would it stand up in court that the dog was whippet?

JUST SAY WHAT YOUR THINKING VICKY I DONT MIND IVE HEARD IT FOR MANY A YEAR. :p

if you heard it for years you should have took the hint ;)
I DID. :thumbsup:

JOHNG said:
johnnoble said:
I voted for the cap, i think the big dogs are getting beyond a joke, they are just getting bigger and bigger. If you want big dogs go greyhound racing.   You were warned by the BWRA chairman 5 year ago that the size should be brought down but it seems you have ignored this , so therefore you only have yourselves to blame.

well said john this is what it's really all about, :thumbsup:

and maurice i am a payed up member of the b.w.r.a iam entitled to a vote and make a comment, i will also be a member next year and for many years to come i hope. :))

you change your mind like the weather john, not that long ago you said you had finished with none ped racing , because of this and that.. :wacko:

This subject is turning into personal insults and digs, PLEASE STOP

With the new rule that has come in the first thing we should all be putting forward

is the rule is not fair to any DOGS or OWNERS who have brought or reared dogs

to race under the RULES in place at the time they where bred.

It seems that most people who have posted on here are saying the same thing

THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM with the CAPPING or BREEDING PROGRAME being

imposed,

But they do have a PROBLEM with the START DATE for this new rule

THIS IS THE THING THAT NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT AND CHANGED IF IT IS

NOT TOO LATE.

RAY

raymac said:
This subject is turning into personal insults and digs,  PLEASE STOP
With the new rule that has come in the first thing we should all be putting forward

imposed,

NOT TOO LATE.

RAY

raymac said:

imposed,

NOT TOO LATE.

RAY

a lot of scratch racers dont agree with the capping @ all ( me included) but i think everyone is in agreement over the breeding prog. IMO the capping shudnt have even been put 4ward as a proposal but thats just my opinion. the breeding thing imo needs to be looked @ properly and like everyone is saying including the proposer dogs already born or bitches in whelp now shud b exempt maybe march 2009 wud b a better date for it starting, this is all just my opinion :thumbsup:

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON RAY WILL SEE YOU AT CLUB SUNDAY AND WILL SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE ALL OUR MEMBERS THAT IVE SPOKEN TOO HAVE THE SAME OPINION.AS DO MANY ON K9.

:thumbsup:

raymac said:

imposed,

NOT TOO LATE.

RAY

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

robpoole said:
raymac said:

imposed,

NOT TOO LATE.

RAY

The start date was 6 years ago when they were warned by the Bwra chairman to bring the size down.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is from another thread------relevent to this one---

The BWRA only use Whippet News or the BWRA web site the committee are not being secretive the meeting was the Annual General Meeting open to all BWRA members a meeting where members get to put their points across its a great pity more didn't bother to attend it

As was stated at the AGM all new prposals voted in take effect from that date which is 14th/12/2008

I have my reasons i dont go --but i accept all what those who do go vote for!I may not agree with it all but accept it---

This issue as John Noble /myself /John Gill/plus many others have stated was only left due to split vote some 6 years ago------

Had the then Chairman of the BWRA gone in favour of capping there would be no problem now

But he tried to be fair to all and added a warning to breeders they must down size--

How long does it take?---

How many just ignored the warning?

Finally just how many pups/dogs/breeders /etc will this affect?--

If its not dealt with now the same problem will still be here after another-----

SIX YEARS

--

I know it very harsh on the ones who have bought pups in good faith i sympathise with them--- but surely the blame lies with the breeders not the BWRA---

When all is said and done!

It was a democratic vote that decied the outcome!

Steve

Karen-Coral said:
this is from another thread------relevent to this one---QUOTE

The BWRA only use Whippet News or the BWRA web site the committee are not being secretive the meeting was the Annual General Meeting open to all BWRA members a meeting where members get to put their points across its a great pity more didn't bother to attend it

As was stated at the AGM all new prposals voted in take effect from that date which is 14th/12/2008

I have my reasons i dont go --but i accept  all what those who do go vote for!I may not agree with it all but accept it---

This issue as John Noble /myself /John Gill/plus many others have stated was only left due to split vote some 6 years ago------

Had the then Chairman of the BWRA gone in favour of capping there would be no problem now

But he tried to be fair to all and added a warning to breeders they must down size--

If its not dealt with now the same problem will still be here after another-----

SIX YEARS

--

I know it very harsh on the ones who have bought pups in good faith i sympathise with them--- but surely the blame lies with the breeders not the BWRA---

Steve

i think its rubbish to put a cap on no limits surley no limits means no limits ive been racing years and the highlight of my day was to watch the no limits slug it out at the beginning of a meeting as long as its whippet x greyhound or vice versa whats the problem. i bought a pup years ago out of a greyhound which weighed 27lb she was the best thing i ll ever own the rest of her litter were no limits to be honest if you put a greyhound in with a whippet over 150 yards your wasting your time it saddens me that this has happened i think its a step back in the wrong direction as long as the breeder can prove it was a whippet involved with the breeding then where is the problem surely we re trying to keep whippet racing alive thats what we all want :thumbsup:

allan ward said:
Karen-Coral said:
this is from another thread------relevent to this one---QUOTE

I have my reasons i dont go --but i accept  all what those who do go vote for!I may not agree with it all but accept it---

SIX YEARS

--

Steve

i think its rubbish to put a cap on no limits surley no limits means no limits ive been racing years and the highlight of my day was to watch the no limits slug it out at the beginning of a meeting as long as its whippet x greyhound or vice versa whats the problem. i bought a pup years ago out of a greyhound which weighed 27lb she was the best thing i ll ever own the rest of her litter were no limits to be honest if you put a greyhound in with a whippet over 150 yards your wasting your time it saddens me that this has happened i think its a step back in the wrong direction as long as the breeder can prove it was a whippet involved with the breeding then where is the problem surely we re trying to keep whippet racing alive thats what we all want :thumbsup:

I'm sure no-one will disagree that you are entitled to your opinion Alan-as others are also..... :thumbsup:

Karen Boyd

allan ward said:
i think its rubbish to put a cap on no limits surley no limits means no limits ive been racing years and the highlight of my day was to watch the no limits slug it out at the beginning of a meeting as long as its whippet x greyhound or vice versa whats the problem. i bought a pup years ago out of a greyhound which weighed 27lb she was the best thing i ll ever own the rest of her litter were no limits to be honest if you put a greyhound in with a  whippet over 150 yards your wasting your time it saddens me that this has happened i think its a step back in the wrong direction as long as the breeder can prove it was a whippet involved with the breeding then where is the problem surely we re trying to keep whippet racing alive thats what we all want :thumbsup:

SPOT ON MATE. :thumbsup:

Quite a bit on flappin tracks..........................

Alegedly :D

jasper. said:
allan ward said:
i think its rubbish to put a cap on no limits surley no limits means no limits ive been racing years and the highlight of my day was to watch the no limits slug it out at the beginning of a meeting as long as its whippet x greyhound or vice versa whats the problem. i bought a pup years ago out of a greyhound which weighed 27lb she was the best thing i ll ever own the rest of her litter were no limits to be honest if you put a greyhound in with a  whippet over 150 yards your wasting your time it saddens me that this has happened i think its a step back in the wrong direction as long as the breeder can prove it was a whippet involved with the breeding then where is the problem surely we re trying to keep whippet racing alive thats what we all want :thumbsup:

SPOT ON MATE. :thumbsup:

Proposal 1 M L MOTTRAM SECOND C BRECON

BREEDERS TO CONTINUE TO OUTCROSS TO GREYHOUND BUT AFTER AN OUTCROSS PROGENY MAY NOT BE OUT CROSSED TO ANOTHER GREYHOUND FOT TWO GENERATIONS. THIS WOULD BE DONE BY NOT ALLOWING THE REGISTRATION OF PUPPIES FOR RACING IF THEY FALL WITHIN THESE CRITERA. AS WITH ALL THINGS IN WHIPPET RACING THIS WOULD BE DEPENDENT ON THE INTEGRITY OF MEMBERS

FOR 123 AGAINST 36 ABSTAIN 13

Proposal2 D SYSON SECOND J MEADES

TO CAP SCRATCH DOGS WITH 55LB LIMIT

FOR 100 AGAINST 54 ABSTAIN 18

i make that 3 - 1 almost 4-1 for the first proposal-----

almost 2-1 the second--

The menbers that took the time to send in thier votes obviously dont think it rubbish--- I NEVER! so I have to accept majority vote --of those who did.

Steve

got-the-cent said:
question 4 u maurice.how many times u raced ye dogs this year ?

MY DOG IS A THREE QUATER BREED, AND MADE THE BIGGEST IN HIS LITTER, I ONLY LIKE BEND RACING, AND THAT IS WHY I GOT HIM, NOW REGARDING HOW MANY RACES MY DOG HAS HAD THIS YEAR, HE HAS HAD LESS THAN 20 RACES SINCE JANUARY ... WHY?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back