The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ozzy's Update from His Vet tests

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We're all thinking of you here, keep up the good work with him,

Hugs from all the family :huggles: :huggles:

Janet

littlenell said:
:( Quick update on Ozzy today. Still no change with his mobility but the good news is he has actually eaten a meal  (w00t)   Since last week he has eaten and drunk very little so im taking it as a good sign that he is eating better :thumbsup: Got to ring the vet in Cheshire up on Tuesday for the results of his spinal tap and bloods so please keep your fingers crossed for him :(   Sometimes I think yes we can get him through this and other times I look at his little face and he looks so sad.... :unsure: Tina

So please Ozzy has eaten :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thinking of you both for Tuesday :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

What's the news from Cheshire, Tina?

And how is Ozzy? Is his appetite continuing to improve?

:luck: and :huggles: fro him

Pauline & Ruby

maggie217 said:
What's the news from Cheshire, Tina?And how is Ozzy?  Is his appetite continuing to improve?

:luck: and  :huggles: fro him

Pauline & Ruby

Hi Pauline

No news yet Im afraid. I rang this morning but the results hadnt come through but the vet has just this minute rung me back to ask how he is and to say the results should definately be in tomorrow. :sweating: There is no improvement at all with his mobility :( and to be honest, last night he was so quiet Id convinced myself he would pass away in his sleep - i watched him all night :( . He only ate a mouthful of food and I had to syringe water to get him to drink but today he has eaten a bit more thank goodness. He has lost all the weight he had just put on :unsure: I suppose he will have good days and bad days and I know its going to take time but I want him better - like NOW :b I will put a post on as soon as I know anything. Thanks very much for asking about him.

Tina :thumbsup:

Any news on Ozzy today?

Thinking of you both :huggles:

:( No and its driving me nuts!! :( I rang this morning at 11. 00 and Ive just rung again now but the results havnt come through. I want to take him to my own vet as soon as I get the results as I want him weighed and for them to check he isnt dehydrated. He has lost loads of weight and has hardly eaten again today. Im feeding him by hand as he cant grasp his food properly himself (if he tries he misses) but he has no appetite at all. This waiting is driving me bonkers.

Thanks ever so much for asking about him :huggles:

I hope you get the results soon ...and we have Ozzy back to normal soon... :huggles: :luck: :luck: Keep strong..

Oh No! I am so sorry Tina and Oz I have somehow missed this completely? :b :(

I am really sorry to hear that you and him are having to go through such a tough time at the minute, just to let you know that we are thinking of you and sending healing vibes to poor wee Ozzy,you must be distraught waiting for the results,please do let us know as soon as you hear anything.

PS...I am sure you & your vet have tried everything with him but just on the offchance?...have you tried giving him an appetite stimulant?

Give the lad some gentle :huggles: :huggles: from me.

Pamela. :luck: :luck:

Thanks Pamela, Yes I have got some of that from when he was poorly before. He has had a bit of Natures menu for tea and some pulped up veg :thumbsup: but nothing like the portion that he would normally eat he doesnt seem to be able to pick his food up himself - and of course he isnt getting his meaty bones he just cant manage them at all. He doesnt bend his front legs at all at the moment so walks like spotty dog from the woodentops :b only more wobbly and splays his front legs like a girsffe when drinking/eating because he struggles to balance. He spends most of the day sleeping, apart from all of a sudden he will jump as if something has startled him :eek: and then because he loses his balance he crashes around the place till you hold him and calm him :(

Ive put him in a canvas indoor kennel at night so he cant harm himself but I am really worried and just want to know his results. His tests were done last thursday and I was told they would be back yesterday :angry: Hope they come tomorrow...

Tina :huggles:

What a total nightmare for you - I've just read through your topics to catch up as I thought you were talking about an old dog not such of a baby - its so frightening to think they can go from a hooligan to an invalid in no time at all.

I'm so very sorry for you, you must be in a total state of turmoil and desperate for him to be naughty again.

lots of healing thoughts, prayers and :huggles: :huggles: for you both :huggles:

As I've not been able to get on the forum much recently, I also missed this and haven't yet found what happened, but I do hope the poor little baby soon starts picking up and gets his co-ordination going so he can at least move a bit better. Also hope he starts eating soon. Can he drink? Would chicken soup (syringed in if necessary) help -and no, I'm not a Jewish mother, though their idea of chicken soup for all ills isn't a bad one!!

Will try and keep up with his progress. Sending more hugs and positive vibes. :huggles:

:wub: just to let you know that we are all still thinking of you. i loooked at my own little hooligan this morning and thought of ozzy and had a good cry.

i wish i could help. a prayer will have to do . xxxxxxxxx

littlenell said:
maggie217 said:
What's the news from Cheshire, Tina?And how is Ozzy?  Is his appetite continuing to improve?

:luck: and  :huggles: fro him

Pauline & Ruby

Hi Pauline

No news yet Im afraid. I rang this morning but the results hadnt come through but the vet has just this minute rung me back to ask how he is and to say the results should definately be in tomorrow. :sweating: There is no improvement at all with his mobility :( and to be honest, last night he was so quiet Id convinced myself he would pass away in his sleep - i watched him all night :( . He only ate a mouthful of food and I had to syringe water to get him to drink but today he has eaten a bit more thank goodness. He has lost all the weight he had just put on :unsure: I suppose he will have good days and bad days and I know its going to take time but I want him better - like NOW :b I will put a post on as soon as I know anything. Thanks very much for asking about him.

My thoughts are with you still, I know what it like waiting for each day to bring something to hang on to,I hope the next time you ring you get some positive news from the results :luck: :luck: :luck:

:luck: :luck: :huggles: Keep fighting and get well Ozzy :huggles: :luck: :luck:

Stay strong Tina :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering how things are today, Tina :unsure:

Been thinking about Ozzy alot and hoping so much that you get some positive news very, very soon.

I does sound as though he could do with being on a drip to maintain his nutrition levels - he will need this to help in his recovery.

More :huggles: :huggles: for you both - and keeping my fingers well and truly crossed, hun :thumbsup:

Tina..........................My thoughts are still with you hun :huggles: :huggles: I hope you get the results today at least :luck: :luck:

:huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: to Ozzy

:* :* :* :* :* :* from your loving brother Beau :wub:

Any news from the vet today Tina?

We are still thinking of you and him,I just cannot begin to imagine what you must be putting yourself through and this waiting about for results is not helping at all.

Just keep thinking positive thoughts Tina like the rest of us are and remember Ozzy is a born fighter,he will pull through!! :huggles: :huggles:

Pamela :luck: :huggles:

:( Hi all, just pestered the vets again for Ozzys results and they still hadnt come through - the receptionist has chased them up and the lab have advised they are just waiting for one more result and I should have them by late this afternoon, If not then to ring tomorrow. I can honestly say this has been the longest week ever :sweating: Thankyou for your support, I would have been lost without your posts to keep me going. Ill try and put a video on later that I have taken of Ozzy :huggles:

Well you know what they say Tina....no news is good news! So here's hoping. :luck: :luck:

It has dragged on though and I would be frantic too like you are.

Hope :luck: you get the results back today Tina, and that it's good news for you and Ozzy, keep us posted.

All of us here are thinking about you at this difficult time :thumbsup:

:( Well, Ive rung again and the test hasnt come through. The one they are waiting for is the CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid) test. I have to ring again tomorrow at 6pm. The waiting is killing me :sweating: My lovely son slept downstairs with him last night to give me a break -_- Thanks Joe :huggles: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back