The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ozzy's Update from His Vet tests

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
littlenell said:
i thought i recognised him, fingers crossed for him i had the other ozzy that day the red fawn one

(w00t) Welcome, nice to see you on here :thumbsup: Ive wondered how you were getting on! The poor judge had two naughty Ozzys in the same class that day :clown: Hope your Ozzy is well and I that youre going to put some pictures on the forum :luck: :luck:

Tina

yes he is well thanks, hope your ozzy is well soon will keep checking up on him, i will put some pictures on when i figure out how to do it

[quote name=rustic' date='May 6 2008, 07:39 PM

yes i had the other ozzy the red fawn one

[/quote]

Wish I had known, I would have said Hello. I have will have to make sure I wear my K9 badge in future.

Pauline

Tina, :luck: and :huggles: for Ozzy today.

Pauline & Ruby

Last edited by a moderator:
The vet rang yesterday and asked me to pick up steroids for Ozzy as recommended by the neurologist and I gave him his first dose last night. I dont see the vet till Friday now as he wanted me to give Oz a few days on the medication first. The steroids are just in case there is still any swelling :blink: but because I havnt had chance to ask the vet yet, I wondered if any of you have given steroids and do they have side effects? Poor Oz wasnt too good yesterday and I even had to carry him out of his bed a couple of times :sweating: but today he has had a potter round the garden in the sunshine :) (even if it was only for ten minutes) and he is fast asleep now :huggles: . Im still trying to get rid of migraine so I think I might try 40 winks before I start making tea -_- :thumbsup:

Tina

I hope the sun shines on Ozzy lots more this week - I think about him and you often throughout the day - I hope the steroids help his healing - I've never given them to a dog but I've had to take them after brain surgery to reduce swelling and they made me really hungry - so he might need some extra snacks throughout the day...and night :)

littlenell said:
The vet rang yesterday and asked me to pick up steroids for Ozzy as recommended by the neurologist and I gave him his first dose last night. I dont see the vet till Friday now as he wanted me to give Oz a few days on the medication first. The steroids are just in case there is still any swelling  :blink: but because I havnt had chance to ask the vet yet, I wondered if any of you have given steroids and do they have side effects?  Poor Oz wasnt too good yesterday and I even had to carry him out of his bed a couple of times :sweating:   but today he has had a potter round the garden in the sunshine :) (even if it was only for ten minutes) and he is fast asleep now  :huggles: . Im still trying to get rid of migraine so I think I might try 40 winks before I start making tea -_-   :thumbsup: Tina

Hi Tina....................so please he was out and about in the garden,even if it was for a short while.

Jack was on Steroids last year for her back,he never had any side effects.

Hi Tina,

Glad to here the wee man has been able to potter a while in the sunshine, here's hoping the steroids will help him. :luck: No wonder you've migranes with all the stress and worry about Ozzy......I hope both of you are feeling a bit better really soon, keep us posted, as always ;)

Thinking of you & Ozzy :thumbsup:

Tracy x x

(Tess & Lola send young Ozzy a hug :huggles: and lots of get well soon wishes)

:( More bad news today Im sad to say. Been to the vets with Ozzy and the vet confirmed my worse fears that his coordination and balance is actually getting worse :( He has upped his dose of steroids for this weekend and I have to ring the vet on Monday to discuss whether anything more can be done. Thanks for your pms and messages of goodwill :huggles: , keep your good vibes coming cos Im really praying for a miracle this weekend

Tina :'(

Oh gosh, poor Ozzy and poor you. :( I'm so sorry you haven't had better news, but hope that the increased dose of steroids may do the trick. There are times that steroids are lifesavers, and the only thing that will work, and hopefully they will start to reduce the swelling in the brain that is causing his problems. I do hope you start to see an improvement very soon. :luck: :luck: :huggles:

littlenell said:
:( More bad news today Im sad to say. Been to the vets with Ozzy and the vet confirmed my worse fears that his coordination and balance is actually getting worse :(   He has upped his dose of steroids for this weekend and I have to ring the vet on Monday to discuss whether anything more can be done. Thanks for your pms and messages of goodwill :huggles: , keep your good vibes coming cos Im really praying for a miracle this weekend Tina :'(

Im so sorry its not better news.. :(

Ill pray for that miracle too for Ozzy too.. :huggles: :huggles: :luck: :luck:

I'm so sorry to hear this news of Ozzy. :( I'm praying for that miracle and that's hope that you will see a big improvement over the weekend. :huggles:

Oh Tina :( I'm so sorry that this is happening to Ozzy and I am praying and wishing as hard as ever I can for that miracle to happen :huggles:

Hang in there, don't give up. Miracles DO happen :thumbsup:

Jane xx :huggles:

Tina I am so sorry the latest news isn't better. Let's pray and believe in a miracle for Ozzy. :luck: :luck:

Hang in there :huggles:

Pauline

Oh Tina i,m so sorry.................Wish i was nearer to you hun :huggles: :huggles:

Oh Tina how horrible for you - loads of prayers for you and Ozzy and lots of hugs for you all :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Tina,I am so sorry to hear that Ozzy does not seem to be improving,I really hoped that when I logged on here it would be to hear better news. :( I am hoping beyond hope that a miracle does happen as you both deserve it so much. Please give the brave soldier some gentle :huggles: and I shall definitely be praying for that much needed & longed for miracle. But as someone else said...they DO happen.

Lets hope the weekend brings better news. :luck: :luck:

Pamela x :huggles:

PS...try "imigran" for your migraine...I have suffered them for years and that is the only thing that works for me,you can get "imigran recovery" now over the counter. :thumbsup:

littlenell said:
:( More bad news today Im sad to say. Been to the vets with Ozzy and the vet confirmed my worse fears that his coordination and balance is actually getting worse :(   He has upped his dose of steroids for this weekend and I have to ring the vet on Monday to discuss whether anything more can be done. Thanks for your pms and messages of goodwill :huggles: , keep your good vibes coming cos Im really praying for a miracle this weekend Tina :'(

weve all got our our fingers crossed for the lad,remember miracles do happen

(w00t) [SIZE=21pt]OH DEEP JOY!!!!! [/SIZE] (w00t) Your vibes have worked wonders!(and the steroids :b ) Because today, Ozzy must have remembered he could escape from the canvas kennel as when we came home from town he was out and had obviously had a good time rooting about in things. :D :D A couple of days ago he would just either stand or lie down twitching and swaying :( and yet today hes much more together.

We are thrilled here and I feel much more positive. I know its still early days but at least its a sign that he is feeling a little better :D I picked up my new camera this morning and here is a picture my OH took of Ozzy when we were trying it out :wub:

Tina :thumbsup:

mixed143.jpg

Oh OZZY....thats wonderful news... :cheers: :huggles: and what a lovely photo :wub: Oscar Kobi and Archie say Hi...and hope you are well on the mend... :thumbsup: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Tina.................What wonderful news.................Come on Ozzy babes you can do it!!!!! :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

clapping.gif
clapping.gif
clapping.gif
clapping.gif
clapping.gif

Fantastic news - Well Done Ozzy - keep fighting little boy - So pleased to hear this.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back