The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ozzy's Update from His Vet tests

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So glad to see such an amazing improvement, felt quite tearful watching the first video, but how lovely to see the second and see how happy he looks now. :thumbsup: :huggles:

[SIZE=14pt] (w00t) What an improvement!!!!! (w00t) [/SIZE]

Watching that first video clip really was quite upsetting as Ozzy just looked so frail and confused :( , the twitching ansd shaking was very distressing :unsure: . However much you'd discribed his condition through your e-mails etc Tina, it wasn't until I saw that clip that I realised just how bad he actually was , poor wee man and poor you :( I can see why you were so distraught :b

But, thankfully o:) the second clip shows what a difference a few more days( and tablets !) has made (w00t) . Oz is so much happier looking :wub: !!.... Still not perfect, BUT CERTAINLY ON THE MEND :thumbsup: , THANKFULLY ;)

[SIZE=14pt]Watch out butterflies it hopefully :luck: won't be long 'til Ozzy catches you!!! :- " [/SIZE]

Lots of love & hugs :huggles: to Ozzy, you & the family Tina, you really have been through the wars lately :b ... here's hoping Ozzy continues to make steady improvement :thumbsup:

Tracy

Seeing the first video had me in tears too..................You can see a differents in Ozzy in the second one,bless him :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

:* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* lots of love your loving brother Beau

Must admit I couldn't watch all of the first video- it had me in tears to see him so uncoordinated and wobbly :(

At least I knew that the 2nd video would be happier- but I was amazed at the improvement in him! (w00t) His legs are working in conjunction with his brain now- what an incredible recovery :thumbsup:

Please give him a big hug from us here- and one for you too, for being so brave :huggles:

Liz and the Monellis

Hi all, didnt mean to upset anyone with the first video, but I couldnt express in words the difference those few days had made to Ozzy. I took my camera to the vets today - it is the first time he has seen Ozzy since he improved, and as I explained ,the last time I saw the vet he said we had to prepare for the worst :(

He said he really shouldnt be suprised at the change in him - but he was!! (w00t)

in fact he wants to use the film I took when he gives a talk later on this year :)

We have started to reduce the dosage of steroids and I have to ring on monday to let him know how Ozzy is. He continues to improve and yesterday he "made" himself a catflap in his indoor kennel :) - just so he can let himself in and out. :eek:

mixed157.jpg

:oops: (sorry about the size of the pic - it wont resize :( :sweating: )

All the nurses and receptionists were waiting to see Ozzy today, even those that werent on front desk duty came out to see him and couldnt get over how much he has improved :) Fingers crossed he will return to being 100% - at least he is back to having fun again :D :D

Tina :thumbsup:

littlenell said:
Hi all, didnt mean to upset anyone with the first video, but I couldnt express in words the difference those few days had made to Ozzy. I took my camera to the vets today - it is the first time he has seen Ozzy since he improved, and as I explained ,the last time I saw the vet he said we had to prepare for the worst :( He said he really shouldnt be suprised at the change in him - but he was!! (w00t)

in fact he wants to use the film I took when he gives a talk later on this year  :)

We have started to reduce the dosage of steroids and I have to ring on monday to let him know how Ozzy is. He continues to improve and yesterday he "made" himself a catflap in his indoor kennel :)   - just so he can let himself in and out. :eek:

mixed157.jpg

:oops: (sorry about the size of the pic - it wont resize :(   :sweating: )

All the nurses and receptionists were waiting to see Ozzy today, even those that werent on front desk duty came out to see him and couldnt get over how much he has improved :) Fingers crossed he will return to being 100% - at least he is back to having fun again :D   :D

Tina :thumbsup:

Tina I am so glad that Oz is continuing to improve & to hear some super news...just recently I have'nt had a lot of that,so at least something is looking up! :thumbsup:

I must say that his skills as a catflap maker leave quite a bit to be desired (w00t) ...he needs to work on the finer detail,it is a bit unfinished around the edges but maybe by the time he has practised on several other indoor kennels he will have got it right!! (w00t) :lol: :teehee: :p :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]What a good boy he is - I wonder if you'll ever get cross with him for doing anything ever again :- " :lol: [/SIZE]

:huggles: :huggles: :huggles: for Ozzy :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Like everyone else, the first clip was very upsetting and I had to stop watching before the end because I wanted to see the second clip to cheer me up :thumbsup:

And it did ...... what an amazing improvement!! Somebody up there is watching over your little boy :wub: o:) :wub: o:)

Isn't Ozzy a GOOD BOY being such a NAUGHTY BOY :thumbsup: :wub: :thumbsup:

Pauline & Ruby

Thought you might like to see a couple of pictures of the "naughty" boy :huggles: taken the other day :D
mixed171.jpg

:wub: :wub:
mixed173.jpg

He's a handsome lad - lovely head shot - he looks in good condition too considering what he's been through :huggles:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

He has such a beautiful face - his eyes just melt my heart :wub: :D

Those photo's are great. You've got such lovely sharp head-shots - especially the second one Tina. You were saying about wanting a nice photo of Ozzy for a website - what about dong something like this to that second one.

I think that is such a super photo of Ozzy

ozzy3.jpg

Lots of :huggles: for him

Pauline

Wow Tina - that's a fantastic improvement. Your love and care has obviously paid off. Wishing you and Ozzy all the very best for continued improvement :luck: :huggles:

:D Good news! Ozzy is continuing to improve :thumbsup: (w00t) (w00t) on Saturday he didnt even attempt to go up the stairs but yesterday morning he managed to get upstairs even if he was very clumsy and slow. Today he is much more back to normal, easily going up and down - even doing tipple tails on the settee and chasing the birds in the garden. We can go back to swim gym the vet says (Ozzy loves the water treadmill) we have reduced the steroids again and he is eating like a seaside donkey so has put a bit of weight on thank goodness!

Im so happy with him :wub: :D :D :D

littlenell said:
Thought you might like to see a couple of pictures of the "naughty" boy :huggles:   taken the other day :D
mixed171.jpg
:wub:   :wub:
mixed173.jpg

what stunning photos of the handsome lad himself... :wub: :wub: Im so glad hes more like himself again... :huggles: :thumbsup:

clearly in that first video he cannot understand what is wrong with himself...how upsetting for you alll... :( :(

I hope it never ever occurs again... so Im going to think of those last photos now instead... :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
I could cry for joy watching those videos such a major improvement in such a short time its brilliant, they are such fighters aren't they. :huggles:

Ozzy is such an inspiration and gives me so much hope for Sienna :D

I didnt realise you lived in West Yorkshire like me I could have given you the name of the orthopedic surgeon where Sienna was he is fantastic,he knew where she was injured just from the initial consultation when he did the myliogram on her the results were back two days later :wub: and he explained everything so well and was really encouraging, if you need the number for anything just pm me and I'll give you it :thumbsup:

We are outpatients now and I would recommend them to anybody but it is better to have insurance :sweating: because its a bit like Bupa for pets (w00t)

littlenell said:
:D Good news! Ozzy is continuing to improve :thumbsup:   (w00t)   (w00t)   on Saturday he didnt even attempt to go up the stairs but yesterday morning he managed to get upstairs even if he was very clumsy and slow. Today he is much more back to normal, easily going up and down - even doing tipple tails on the settee and chasing the birds in the garden.  We can go back to swim gym the vet says (Ozzy loves the water treadmill) we have reduced the steroids again and he is eating like a seaside donkey so has put a bit of weight on thank goodness! Im so happy with him :wub:   :D   :D   :D

Glad to here that Ozzy's health continues to improve :thumbsup: and that he's able to start back at Swim Gym (w00t) . He'll enjoy getting back on the water treadmill again and I'm sure it will help in his recovery :thumbsup:

Hope to see you and Ozzy again sometime soon :D Oh and the photo's you posted on here and e-mailed us are simply stunning!! :wub: .....HOW COULD THEY NOT BE WITH SUCH A HANDSOME MODEL!!! :wub: :lol:

littlenell said:
:D Good news! Ozzy is continuing to improve :thumbsup:   (w00t)   (w00t)   on Saturday he didnt even attempt to go up the stairs but yesterday morning he managed to get upstairs even if he was very clumsy and slow. Today he is much more back to normal, easily going up and down - even doing tipple tails on the settee and chasing the birds in the garden.  We can go back to swim gym the vet says (Ozzy loves the water treadmill) we have reduced the steroids again and he is eating like a seaside donkey so has put a bit of weight on thank goodness! Im so happy with him :wub:   :D   :D   :D

So glad to hear Ozzy is doing so well. :D

Jill

x

How's little Oz doing? Can we have some more pictures please? :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back