The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ozzy's Update from His Vet tests

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thinking about you and Ozzy and your family every day. It must be absolutely awful waiting from one day to the next for the results. Lets hope the results are good and the vet feels hopeful for Ozzy.

:luck: :luck: & :huggles: Pauline

OMG this is so frustrating for you.

I feel so sorry for you and Ozzy, having to wait like this :(

I hope he's managing to eat and drink a little :unsure:

Wishing you a reasonable night and good luck for tomorrow :luck: :luck:

:huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Oh dear...more waiting for you and your family Tina. :(

I know it is difficult but try and get some sleep or at least rest. And lets hope he continues to nibble and drink a little...I'll check in again tomorrow to see how you are holding up.

Still thinking positive thoughts for you all :huggles:

Pamela.

:sweating: Finally after 2 more phone calls to them, the vet rang me back tonight at 7pm! :angry: All the tests are back apart from csf test and all were negative, so no parasites or poisons etc and the vet thinks this confirms that the bleed was caused by a bump rather than a stroke or disease. Which, is good news but there is not much else that can be done. Another vet is going to ring tomorrow with the csf result and I can stop giving him the antibiotics as theyre not needed. He has eaten a little today and my OH took him for a little wobble and stagger round the garden - he puffs and pants after as if he has run miles and I am wondering if this could be stress -is he frightened of falling?? He did fall a couple of times yesterday :( he jumps up suddenly and just falls over :unsure: and he had a very restless time last night as I could hear him shaking in his kennel (everything he leans on vibrates) The stress is really getting to me,(im already off work) I know deep down I was hoping the vet would tell me that he would be back to his normal cheeky self in a month and that we would see an improvement shortly (wishful thinking) I just hope Im doing right by him and not putting him through this because of selfish reasons. Im going to take him to see my own vet tomorrow and get him weighed.

Tina :thumbsup:

Oh Tina this is so tough for you - I'm sure you are doing the right things - you are spending lots of time with him - you won't see the improvements as well as someone who doesn't see him so often - just hang in there - keep cuddling him, I'm sure the old Oz will start coming back to you with all the work you are all putting in. Make sure you look after yourself too though - he needs you :huggles:

littlenell said:
:sweating: Finally after 2 more phone calls  to them, the vet rang me back tonight at 7pm! :angry:   All the tests are back apart from csf test and all were negative, so no parasites or poisons etc and the vet thinks this confirms that the bleed was caused by a bump rather than a stroke or disease. Which, is good news but there is not much else that can be done. Another vet is going to ring tomorrow with the csf result and I can stop giving him the antibiotics as theyre not needed.  He has eaten a little today and my OH took him for a little wobble and stagger round the garden - he puffs and pants after as if he has run miles and I am wondering if this could be stress -is he frightened of falling?? He did fall a couple of times yesterday :( he jumps up suddenly and just falls over :unsure: and he had a very restless time last night as I could hear him shaking in his kennel (everything he leans on vibrates) The stress is really getting to me,(im already off work) I know deep down I was hoping the vet would tell me that he would be back to his normal cheeky self in a month  and that we would see an improvement shortly (wishful thinking) I just hope Im doing right by him and not putting him through this because of selfish reasons. Im going to take him to see my own vet tomorrow and get him weighed. Tina :thumbsup:

Im so sorry to read this tonight....I thought too there may be some better news.

Poor little mite..the thoughts of him shaking :(

How nice of your son though to give you a break and sleep with him.

I hope your own vet may come up with something tomorrow, it must be so puzzling not knowing what is causing this...

Just wishing you more good vibes and luck... :luck: :huggles:

Just been wondering about Ozzy?

How's he been this last couple of days, Tina?

Sending more :huggles: :huggles: and :luck: :luck: for him :wub: :wub:

:( Hi Jane - Unfortunately Ozzy is just the same. Every day I keep hoping for some sign of improvement but no sign yet :( I havnt posted much this weekend cos I have had one hell of a migraine :wacko: I think its just because Im tired and stressed :sweating: :) The vet was supposed to ring with the final test result - but didnt :angry: so Ill wait till after the bank holiday and ring tomorrow.

I see you met the lovely Beau, Ozzys brother :huggles: he is gorgeous isnt he? :thumbsup:

Tina

Good luck, I do hope there is more positive news tomorrow for you both... :huggles: :luck: :huggles:

hope ozzy recovers soon,is this the same ozzy who was at the otley canine society show?

rustic said:
hope ozzy recovers soon,is this the same ozzy who was at the otley canine society show?
Thanks very much, yes, Rushden Moulin Rouge - (one of the naughty ones :) I really wish he could be naughty now!!)

littlenell said:
:( Hi Jane - Unfortunately Ozzy is just the same. Every day I keep hoping for some sign of improvement but no sign yet :(   I havnt posted much this weekend cos I have had one hell of a migraine :wacko:   I think its just because Im tired and stressed :sweating:   :)   The vet was supposed to ring with the final test result - but didnt :angry:   so Ill wait till after the bank holiday and ring tomorrow.I see you met  the lovely Beau, Ozzys brother :huggles:   he is gorgeous isnt he? :thumbsup:

Tina

Fingers crossed here :thumbsup:

Yes, Beau is an absolute sweetie :wub: .... so cuddly :huggles:

Dawn & I were chatting about Ozzy and we so hope that he pulls through this and gets back to normality :luck: :luck: :luck:

Let us know how things go today :thumbsup:

:sweating: Ive finally had the last result through for Ozzy which as expected has come through clear :thumbsup: So it definately looks like its just the after effects of the trauma that we have to deal with. I had already booked to visit my own vet tomorrow so the neurologist at the referral centre is going to ring him and advise a prescription of steroids to see if they help. :blink: Until Ive spoken with the vet I dont know quite how steroids will help but I will post when I know more :b

Once again thanks for your enquiries, encouragement and good wishes, I dont know what I would have done without you all :huggles: Keep the good vibes coming you never know - Ozzy might not get well enough to go in the ring but he may get to cheer you lot on from the ringside :D

littlenell said:
:sweating: Ive finally had the last result through for Ozzy which as expected has come through clear :thumbsup:   So it definately looks like its just the after effects of the trauma that we have to deal with. I had already booked to visit my own vet tomorrow so the neurologist at the referral centre is going to ring him and advise a prescription of steroids to see if they help.  :blink: Until Ive spoken with the vet I dont know quite how steroids will help but I will post when I know more :b Once again thanks for your enquiries, encouragement and good wishes, I dont know what I would have done without you all :huggles: Keep the good vibes coming you never know - Ozzy might not get well enough to go in the ring but he may get to cheer you lot on from the ringside :D

Hi hun................so please its clear :thumbsup: I',m sure he will be running about in no time :thumbsup:

Lots of hugs to you both :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Beau xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi hun................so please its clear :thumbsup: I',m sure he will be running about in no time :thumbsup:

Lots of hugs to you both :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Beau xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dawn, sometimes he does try to run about :eek: trouble is he has no control of where he goes or what he does! :b so in his own little way he is still causing havoc and mayhem :oops:

Awwww, dear of him. Poor little chap :(

Time is a great healer, Tina - hopefully Ozzy will benefit from that and all the love I know you'll give him, and it won't take long before he can run in a straight line again :wub: :thumbsup: :)

Lots of luck and hugs for you both :luck: :luck: :huggles: :huggles:

I'm glad you've got Ozzy's final test results Tina, and that they were clear. I don't know if it helps or not, I hope it does, but I have a friend who suffered very severe brain damage in a motor accident. We never thought he would improve at all, he had no memory, knew no-one, was totally paralysed, and it was just awful to see him. You wouldn't believe how much he has improved although it has taken some time.

Heres hoping there is a lot of healing going on for Ozzy, too.

rustic said:
Hi Rustic, Ruby and I first met Ozzy and Tina at Otley Show. You were there too, were you?

Pauline

littlenell said:
rustic said:
Thanks very much, yes, Rushden Moulin Rouge - (one of the naughty ones :) I really wish he could be naughty now!!)

i thought i recognised him, fingers crossed for him i had the other ozzy that day the red fawn one

maggie217 said:
I'm glad you've got Ozzy's final test results Tina, and that they were clear.  I don't know if it helps or not, I hope it does, but I have a friend who suffered very severe brain damage in a motor accident.  We never thought he would improve at all, he had no memory, knew no-one, was totally paralysed, and it was just awful to see him.  You wouldn't believe how much he has improved although it has taken some time.
Heres hoping there is a lot of healing going on for Ozzy, too.

rustic said:
Hi Rustic, Ruby and I first met Ozzy and Tina at Otley Show. You were there too, were you?

Pauline

yes i had the other ozzy the red fawn one

i thought i recognised him, fingers crossed for him i had the other ozzy that day the red fawn one

(w00t) Welcome, nice to see you on here :thumbsup: Ive wondered how you were getting on! The poor judge had two naughty Ozzys in the same class that day :clown: Hope your Ozzy is well and I that youre going to put some pictures on the forum :luck: :luck:

Tina

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back