The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Phoebe

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Oh my lord Trish!!! i've just seen this!!! the poor little mite, its good that some of the bad stuff was released yes, definitely better out than in :thumbsup: hopefully the AB'S will kick in and do the job of killing off the rest :thumbsup:

How did it happen? was she hit with the frisby?

sending lots of hugs and kisses :huggles: :huggles: to you and Phoebe :huggles:

keep us posted with her progress if you can :thumbsup:

shes had some food and some goats milk.shes now fast asleep and usually reacts really quickley when on steroids.thanks for all your concerns :cheers:

whippetgood said:
Oh my lord Trish!!! i've just seen this!!! the poor little mite, its good that some of the bad stuff was released yes, definitely better out than in :thumbsup: hopefully the AB'S will kick in and do the job of killing off the rest :thumbsup:

sending lots of hugs and kisses :huggles:   :huggles: to you and Phoebe  :huggles:

hiya,no she wasnt hit by the frisbee,she always chases them but lets them fall on the ground before she picks them up,it was a rubber one and she went to get hold and yelped,and came running back to us,we had a look over her but saw nothing :unsure: then the day after she swelled that was the 23rd feb shes been on steroids which helped but once they finished she swelled again with pus coming out of a hole i found under her tongue,but think the infection had hold by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
trish g said:
whippetgood said:

sending lots of hugs and kisses :huggles:   :huggles: to you and Phoebe  :huggles:

hiya,no she wasnt hit by the frisbee,she always chases them but lets them fall on the ground before she picks them up,it was a rubber one and she went to get hold and yelped,and came running back to us,we had a look over her but saw nothing :unsure: then the day after she swelled that was the 23rd feb shes been on steroids which helped but once they finished she swelled again with pus coming out of a hole i found under her tongue,but think the infection had hold by then.

You don't think that as she went to pick it up she might have been stung by something?

lamping man said:
Really pleased to learn that Phoebe is back home with you. Lets hope that she starts to pick up now. I'm sure she will. Best of luck for a sppedy recovery :luck:   She could not have more caring owners in Trish and Graham. :thumbsup:

oh lampy what a lovely thing to say :huggles: thankyou :)

trish g said:
lamping man said:
Really pleased to learn that Phoebe is back home with you. Lets hope that she starts to pick up now. I'm sure she will. Best of luck for a sppedy recovery :luck:   She could not have more caring owners in Trish and Graham. :thumbsup:

its true :huggles:

so glad she is home trish :huggles: :huggles:

whippetgood said:
trish g said:
whippetgood said:

You don't think that as she went to pick it up she might have been stung by something?

suppose it could have been possible,but that hole under her tongue right at the back was quite big,like something had pierced her :unsure: i just dont know,its a mystery as to how that happened.

they say dont throw stick (which we dont) so we through a rubber frisbee and still there not safe :(

Poor Phoebe, glad she is home with you now Trish, hope she feels better really soon :huggles: :huggles:

tooofunny11581.gif

eve said:
trish g said:
lamping man said:

its true :huggles:

thankyou sal :huggles:

so pleased that she is home with you shes in the best place :huggles: to you all

Glad to hear she's home safely, it's such a worry when they have to have a GA. Hope she's back to normal soon :luck:

:eek: OMG that looked awful and must have been so painful, bless her. I hope she now makes a full recover, and doesn't require any further investigation. What a worry you must have been through. :huggles: to Phoebe and to you xx

So pleased to read that Phoeba is home with you Trish :huggles:

Sure she is receiving lots of TLC :huggles:

Hope she makes a full recovery :luck: :luck:

Loads of hugs :huggles: for a speedy recovery, that does look and sound awefully painfull. :( poor Pheobe !

Awwwww, poor little Pheobe :(

I've only just seen this, Trish, the pictures look horrific (w00t)

I'm so glad that she's on the mend now - it must be very upsetting for all of you on top of all the other injuries :(

I'm sending lots of :huggles: :huggles: and positive vibes so that nothing else happens to your lovely whippie family :thumbsup: :wub:

PHOEBE HAD US UP EARLY ,SHE WAS IN OUR BED AND STARTED SCRATCHING BAD SO I RAN MY HAND OVER HER HEAD AND THROAT AND THEN REALISED MY HAND WAS WET,STRAIGHT INTO 4TH GEAR........JUMPED UP LIGHTS ON AND LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A ABCSESS THATS BURST OUT OF HER THROAT :eek: ITS DRIPPING BLOOD NOW BUT ONLY SLOWLY :sweating: ,SO GOT A MIGHTY HEADACHE AND WAITING FOR THE VETS TO OPEN SO I CAN RING THEM.

ALL THE SWELLINGS GONE NOW TOO :wacko:

WHAT A START TO OUR BIRTHDAYS :p LEAST SHE MUST BE FEELING LOADS BETTER :huggles:

:( AWW trish poor phoebe and you ,lets hope she will start to recover now hun ,thinking of you :huggles:

trish g said:
PHOEBE HAD US UP EARLY ,SHE WAS IN OUR BED AND STARTED SCRATCHING BAD SO I RAN MY HAND OVER HER HEAD AND THROAT AND THEN REALISED MY HAND WAS WET,STRAIGHT INTO 4TH GEAR........JUMPED UP LIGHTS ON AND LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A ABCSESS THATS BURST OUT OF HER THROAT :eek:   ITS DRIPPING BLOOD NOW BUT ONLY SLOWLY :sweating: ,SO GOT A MIGHTY HEADACHE AND WAITING FOR THE VETS TO OPEN SO I CAN RING THEM.ALL THE SWELLINGS GONE NOW TOO :wacko:

WHAT A START TO OUR BIRTHDAYS :p LEAST SHE MUST BE FEELING LOADS BETTER :huggles:

:eek: It must have been awful, but it's the best thing that could have happened - never had a dog with an abcess but my cat got into a fight once and ended up with 2. Once they :x 'burst' :x she made an almost miraculous recovery.

:huggles: Give Phoebe a hug from me and Ellie :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back