The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please someone give me advice!

Does she look healthy to yous?
What a lovely pup. A heartbreaker. She’s looking alert. Don’t let your imagination go into overdrive. I’d get concerned if she became lethargic. Are you keeping her hydrated?

What a lovely pup. A heartbreaker. She’s looking alert. Don’t let your imagination go into overdrive. I’d get concerned if she became lethargic. Are you keeping her hydrated?
I think I'm over worrying. She's drinking lots and having ice cubes when it's hot. X

That all seems fine - if she’s drinking lots I wouldn’t be over concerned. I’m just amazed at how long these sighthounds sleep. Mabel’s an adult of 4 yrs and will sleep for England.
I am a bit concerned re her tummy - she was loose on her walk this morning and this afternoon passed runny gelatinous poos. Sorry if anyone’s eating. Part of our Pet Health Club deal is a check up which I’ll arrange soon and I’ll also collect a stool sample if her runs continue. Perhaps we’re turning into proxy hypochondriacs.

She looks fine to me, Stephhoney :) It would help confirm this if you could get a side shot when she's standing up, to show her 'tuck-up', and one from directly above while she's standing. Which is mostly an excuse to get more photos of her!

She looks fine to me, Stephhoney :) It would help confirm this if you could get a side shot when she's standing up, to show her 'tuck-up', and one from directly above while she's standing. Which is mostly an excuse to get more photos of her!
I will do this when she's awake. Thank you! X

That all seems fine - if she’s drinking lots I wouldn’t be over concerned. I’m just amazed at how long these sighthounds sleep. Mabel’s an adult of 4 yrs and will sleep for England.
I am a bit concerned re her tummy - she was loose on her walk this morning and this afternoon passed runny gelatinous poos. Sorry if anyone’s eating. Part of our Pet Health Club deal is a check up which I’ll arrange soon and I’ll also collect a stool sample if her runs continue. Perhaps we’re turning into proxy hypochondriacs.
Same honey sleeps alot but when she's awake is playful but not as playful of other breeds, do you find that?

Hope she's ok! Xx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-19-22-08-08-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-19-22-08-08-27.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_2020-09-19-22-08-14-86.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-19-22-08-14-86.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 146
Same honey sleeps alot but when she's awake is playful but not as playful of other breeds, do you find that?

Hope she's ok! Xx
She’s 4 so not a spring chicken and still getting used to the household. She’ll have a mad burst in the afternoon - rolling on her back and making silly yowling noises. More active first thing - getting ambushed in the garden by George, the cat, and then chasing George. Apart from walks and meeting other dogs she’s not that animated.

She’s 4 so not a spring chicken and still getting used to the household. She’ll have a mad burst in the afternoon - rolling on her back and making silly yowling noises. More active first thing - getting ambushed in the garden by George, the cat, and then chasing George. Apart from walks and meeting other dogs she’s not that animated.
Sounds very similar to honey. I'm used to crazy dogs she's so chill! X

The thing about owning whips n Salukis they always look thin, the amount of people I’ve had say geez can’t you feed ur dog is unbelievable, at times even I give a 2nd look at my dogs , for me two ribs are enough but it does depend on the dog and what your exercise routine is, I’ve seen your dogs pics and I’m just going to take the 5th amendment,

I think she needs a bit more bulk on her for her age,what is she 14 weeks old. I wouldn't want the ribs showing at that age. I'm not having a pop at you because I know what problems you are having.

I think she needs a bit more bulk on her for her age,what is she 14 weeks old. I wouldn't want the ribs showing at that age. I'm not having a pop at you because I know what problems you are having.

I agree totally that's why I'm so worried. Now she's got an upset tummy on just chicken and rice. Again the vets aren't concerned and I have to give her a few more days to settle and get her back on kibble. Ah i don't know what to do. X

I agree totally that's why I'm so worried. Now she's got an upset tummy on just chicken and rice. Again the vets aren't concerned and I have to give her a few more days to settle and get her back on kibble. Ah i don't know what to do. X

And yes she's 14 weeks. The problem is she eats like a pig and wants more. She's never left her bowl till it's empty. Does any suggest anything else I can try? She will be having eggs today till her tummy settles. X

She is quite bony - it could be 'normal for her', but it could also be because of her tummy problems. Again, I think I'd be pestering for tests because if there is something going on, all this diet switching will be a waste of time.

She is quite bony - it could be 'normal for her', but it could also be because of her tummy problems. Again, I think I'd be pestering for tests because if there is something going on, all this diet switching will be a waste of time.
I was waiting for the vet to call back yesterday but they didn't. Will ring back Monday. Thanks

I'd go with the vets advice,but I will say to you,if you aren't happy don't be frightened to seek a second opinion.

She actually looks ok to me salukis are skinny minnies anyway especially if she has had a runny bum for a few weeks. ..
As she is happy in herself i would try not to worry and let her get used to her food...i am suprised your vets havent offered a stool test though ....

She actually looks ok to me salukis are skinny minnies anyway especially if she has had a runny bum for a few weeks. ..
As she is happy in herself i would try not to worry and let her get used to her food...i am suprised your vets havent offered a stool test though ....
I have asked twice and they have said try grain free fish flavour hypoallergenic food

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back