The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please someone give me advice!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
But oddly she's just had scrambled eggs today and hasn't been at all! Yesterday she had chicken and rice and had liquid poo and had to go through the night. So maybe it is the chicken and chicken flavoured kibble. The fish kibble should be here tomorrow, should I do it slowly again?

I would be looking for another vet ;)
Thanks we will look into this. We have used them before and never had a problem. As she's happy ect they are happy. They did say a test will be the next route x

When I switch to raw I just change...3 of mine are allergic to chicken....
I would change her over and see what happens ....

When I switch to raw I just change...3 of mine are allergic to chicken....
I would change her over and see what happens ....
So straight change? She's litrelly only on egg at the min so I could mix

Eggs can bind dogs up ...
Ok what other options do I have? Chicken and rice is a no. She's had white fish a while back and was ok. Eggs she's ok on. She's actually just went but I didn't see as she decided to eat it.

Thanks x

Ok what other options do I have? Chicken and rice is a no. She's had white fish a while back and was ok. Eggs she's ok on. She's actually just went but I didn't see as she decided to eat it.

Thanks x
Has anyone used James wellbeloved fish flavour for anyone with a sensitive tummy? X

The reason for gradual food changes is to avoid an upset tummy. I'd say for you, that ship has sailed so I'd personally get her right on to the fish kibble.

The reason for gradual food changes is to avoid an upset tummy. I'd say for you, that ship has sailed so I'd personally get her right on to the fish kibble.
Ok wish me luck!! I was thinking that to be honest but the vet said gradual but now she's also dodgy on chicken I'm just going to go for it. Thanks x

Take care with the James wellbeloved kibble, the ingredients that I have just seen have only 20% fish and 40% rice!
Try to avoid all grain (RICE) is also a grain.

Take care with the James wellbeloved kibble, the ingredients that I have just seen have only 20% fish and 40% rice!
Try to avoid all grain (RICE) is also a grain.
It's grain free fish flavour. Thanks for the heads up. X

When you read the ingredients james well beloved is only 22%fish :oops::oops:

22% fish, what is the bulk of your ingredients made from @Tinytom.
It's still a very low fish flavor/protein level.

@Stephhoney
Have you had a look at the Millies Wolfheart ingredients as previously suggested?

22% fish, what is the bulk of your ingredients made from @Tinytom.
It's still a very low fish flavor/protein level.

@Stephhoney
Have you had a look at the Millies Wolfheart ingredients as previously suggested?
It's full of rubbish ...when james well beloved were bought out they ruined the food..

Millies wolfheart looks amazing for a kibble 80 % fish or meat ....

Millies wolfheart looks amazing for a kibble 80 % fish or meat ....

I was just thinking that - though could it be a little rich for a sensitive tum?

Millie's Wolfheart also do nice little 'puppy packs' with a sample of kibble, some treats, feeding guide, etc. Could be well worth a try.

But for now, you just need to focus on getting a food that seems to suit her digestion, even if it's made from snouts, feathers and floor sweepings. So don't overthink it, or you'll go mad!

Instead of rice and chicken, while you're trying to find a suitable kibble, why not try boiled potato and white fish, it's very gentle on the tummy.. and maybe feed smaller meals more often,(say 4x a day), I'm not sure how often you are feeding her at the moment..but little and often may be worth a try?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back