The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Race Its Happened

OK,Gaz might have a point there when he talks about the Terrier blood that was intreduced into greyhounds and whippets years ago .But come on Gaz,what would the % be now?999/1000,or summit.Whippetxgreyhounds are sighthounds or longdogs ,end of story.You talk about old timers,read Lurchers and long dogs,you might learn summit.Even Plumber new the difference,n thats sayin summit.Take care. ...Billy...

Fair enough comment Billy.....just as a matter of interest, when any of us who own greyhound x whippet crosses are asked in the street what are dogs are...does anyone say a longdog? So for me a greyhound x whippet will always be a lurcher. Why try and complicate the issue. Keep it simple, no need to dot the i's and stroke the t's.

well now this is spinning me out i lost the race, but the only other question i want answering and i think we all do is ellie a 7/8th, owner says NO, breeder says YES ?????????????????? WELL WHAT THE FECK IS SHE AS BILLY SAYS A GREYHOUND AND DAZGAIL SAYS ALURCHER BUT NOW HES BACKTRACKING A BIT LET THE EXPERTS HAVE A SAY come on mr lioyd i know your there in the background

When anyone ask's me what my dogs are,i always say ,a mixture of Whippet and Greyhound,as simple as that.And Mark,as far as youre?goes,ie,does anyone realy care.Answer.Naw not realy,but the craic is great here, you cant deny that.And you have to give Markbrick 10 out 10 for determination,cause he's gona get the answer he's looking for one way or the other,as regards Mike's Ellie being 7/8. ...Billy...

Mark Roberts said:
[SIZE=21pt]DOES ANYONE REALY CARE[/SIZE]
NO

any cross bred involving a sighthound (a dog that hunts by sight ) is a lurcher a longdog is a generic name popularised by certain book authors plummer etc lets not get silly, sure there are regonised x's that are used for certain quarry (pre-ban)

but a lurcher is a lurcher and if certain people are unhappy with running against whipxgrey why not run seperate classes

masta said:
Mark Roberts said:
[SIZE=21pt]DOES ANYONE REALY CARE[/SIZE]
NO

any cross bred involving a sighthound (a dog that hunts by sight ) is a lurcher a longdog is a generic name popularised by certain book authors plummer etc lets not get silly, sure there are regonised x's that are used for certain quarry (pre-ban)

but a lurcher is a lurcher and if certain people are unhappy with running against whipxgrey why not run seperate classes

NO MARK DEEP DOWN I DONT GIVE A FECK, BUT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A LURCHER RACE AT YOUR WHIPPET MEETINGS EVERYONE KNEW WHAT IT IS AND THE OWNER TELL YOU ITS A WHIPPET.ANYONE CAN GET PAAPERS MAYBE I SHOULD GET SOME WHIPPET PAPERS FOR MY LITTLE BITCH YOU WOULD BE THE 1ST TO MOAN?????? BUT LETS NOT GO THERE, I AM NOT THE ONE TO START ALL THIS ARE THE ONE TO CARRY IT ON WHO PUT THE RACE THREAD UP?????????AND NOW WERE BRINGING PLUMMER INTO IT WOW WHAT DID HE KNOW PEOPLE LIKE BILLY AND OTC PROBERLY KNEW MORE THEN THAT MAN COULD FIT IN ONE OF THEM FICTION BOOKS HE WROTE

OK Mark,you've got to let this drop.We're going round and round in circles now :wacko: I've just been on Non Peds to have a look at Mikes bitches breeding and yes like our Rodders she's 7/8th greyhound.There is no way Mike would lie so I guess he hasn't had a look,because like me and anybody else whos got one would tell you we just say Whippet/Greyhound when asked.I know the majority of people out there do not go into percentages when asked what cross they've got,and if they've got a few different crosses in there dogs make up they often term it a Bitsa.Bits of this and bits of that.I can tell you hand on heart that when Phil and George bred Rodders it was to get a pup from very fast parents not to make a nearly full greyhound.I'm sure when Mike brought Ellie it was for the exact same reason.So now you've got your answer lets put and end to this and look forward to whatever we do with our dogs. :D Karen

rodders said:
OK Mark,you've got to let this drop.We're going round and round in circles now :wacko: I've just been on Non Peds to have a look at Mikes bitches breeding and yes like our Rodders she's 7/8th greyhound.There is no way Mike would lie so I guess he hasn't had a look,because like me and anybody else whos got one would tell you we just say Whippet/Greyhound when asked.I know the majority of people out there do not go into percentages when asked what cross they've got,and if they've got a few different crosses in there dogs make up they often term it a Bitsa.Bits of this and bits of that.I can tell you hand on heart that when Phil and George bred Rodders it was to get a pup from very fast parents not to make a nearly full greyhound.I'm sure when Mike brought Ellie it was for the exact same reason.So now you've got your answer lets put and end to this and look forward to whatever we do with our dogs. :D Karen
OK THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME AS THATS ALL I WANTED AFTER MIKE SAID ON THIS THREAD ELLIE IS NOT 7/8TH BUT IT TOOK A FEMALE TO STAND UP AND TELL THE TRUTH really i dont care but i like to know a dog that iam runing also as soon as this rain stops iam of this bloody computer to do some work and mark if you want a field for your sim down here in cornwall ive got a few i could let you have and they will be nice and short as ive got my sheep in em most of the year

The craic is good. Billy, if you believe that greyhound x whippet crosses are not lurchers i guess you won't be at any lurcher events with your up and coming pups? Ha ha get out of that one and i guess that all the lurcher races and trophies you have won with a greyhound x whippet cross in the past should be handed back and your name removed from the titles.

Markbrick, i havn't back tracked on anything....for me a greyhound x whippet will always be a lurcher. If some recognised doggy persons want to segregate different types of lurchers from others that's up to them.

Interesting enough it makes me wonder that those involved in a bit of contoversy and doting i's and t's are the ones who are forever complaining and moaning at the lurcher events. :cheers:

By the way lets all not get too serious and get off our high chairs, its all a bit of banter. :huggles:

markbrick said:
rodders said:
OK THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME AS THATS ALL I WANTED AFTER MIKE SAID ON THIS THREAD ELLIE IS NOT 7/8TH BUT IT TOOK A FEMALE TO STAND UP AND TELL THE TRUTH really i dont care but i like to know a dog that iam runing also as soon as this rain stops iam of this bloody computer to do some work and mark if you want a field for your sim down here in cornwall ive got a few i could let you have and they will be nice and short as ive got my sheep in em most of the year

ELLIES STAR IS 7/8TH GREYHOUND WE BRED HER..... END OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby1, go on tell the truth......she is a full greyhound but because no one in England actually seen the mother with the pups you just tell everyone that Miss Ellie is the mother ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......the truth is out....shame on you and frankie ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :lol:

well it looks like the truth is out once and for all ellie is a 7/8th greyhound whippet plus ?? WHY MIKE DID YOU SAY ON THIS FORUM SHE WASNT

markbrick said:
well it looks like the truth is out once and for all ellie is a 7/8th greyhound whippet plus ?? WHY MIKE DID YOU SAY ON THIS FORUM SHE WASNT
mark i have to say this....frankie and nichola never had any qualms about the breeding of the pups. from the word go frankie told me of the percentage of greyhound which to me shows he was upfront and overt :thumbsup:

im sure theres others who wouldve waffled their way outve disclosing how much "greyhound saturation" was in their pups. infact we know a man who despite evidence is still in denial :b (not the river in egypt !).................sssssssshhhhhh....he might drop his pastie ;) ;)

john

Last edited by a moderator:
markbrick said:
well now this is spinning me out i lost the race, but the only other question i want answering and i think we all do is ellie a 7/8th, owner says NO, breeder says YES ?????????????????? WELL WHAT THE FECK IS SHE AS BILLY SAYS A GREYHOUND AND DAZGAIL SAYS ALURCHER BUT NOW HES BACKTRACKING A BIT LET THE EXPERTS HAVE A SAY come on mr lioyd i know your there in the background
Who cares anymore, at the end of the day we race our dogs because THEY enjoy it. When the day comes when my dogs look like they don't want to be there, i will stop racing. The dogs don't know if they've won or not, and i don't surpose they care! Lets all have a great season, and if we go home with a coloured ribbon thats a bonus.

Here's looking forward to the summer of 2007.

Yeah, who cares....they're are only dogs and mongrels at that ha ha waiting for all the backlashes lol ha and some of them are inbred mongrels :oops: two legged ones.

dazgail said:
The craic is good. Billy, if you believe that greyhound x whippet crosses are not lurchers i guess you won't be at any lurcher events with your up and coming pups? Ha ha get out of that one and i guess that all the lurcher races and trophies you have won with a greyhound x whippet cross in the past should be handed back and your name removed from the titles.Markbrick, i havn't back tracked on anything....for me a greyhound x whippet will always be a lurcher. If some recognised doggy persons want to segregate different types of lurchers from others that's up to them.

Interesting enough it makes me wonder that those involved in a bit of contoversy and doting i's and t's are the ones who are forever complaining and moaning at the lurcher events. :cheers:

By the way lets all not get too serious and get off our high chairs, its all a bit of banter. :huggles:

Not a problem.Get out of that one you say.OK where do we start.Firstly,i have never denied to anyone in my life that my dog's n bitches where anything other than what they were,so when i entered them in races,i was at the time racing against mostly other Whippetxgreyhounds,that i might add were brought from here there and just about everywhere to try and beat me,All failed.The only way they could beat me was to get rid of me ,and i wont go into that just yet.When i raced there was a lot of competition,not like the past few years when there been nothing much other than a few collie x to race against.until recently.See i wasnt racing my WhippetxGreyhounds against youre average lurchers,back then,so it was similar to None Peds.Might i add that none of the stuff that was brought across from England to beat me ever beat my own breeding.IN 7 All Ireland under 23,i was unbeaten,with a father and daughter team of my own breeding.When i retired i retired unbeaten,having never lost an under 23 final.If they hadnt got rid of me,i would still be unbeaten.Ithink wee MEGAN proved that at 6 1/2 years of age .And as for giving back my trophies,no problem,titles no problem,so long as everyone else who holds the same titles,only all with 7/8 whippetxgreyhounds,as to my 1/2 breds and 3/4 breds do the same.What i won i won with my own breeding,that i started from scratch,20 years ago.Now,how many of the rest of you's can say that.Miss Ellie came from England,never beat me,Molly Stag came from England,never beat me,Dellboy beat me once,after Silver was Cripled in England,and couldnt run anymore.Many others came and went way back then,and still couldnt beat me .In fact the only person to beat me was Geoff Fletcher,and that was in his back garden n not mine.And over a distance that only Whippets should be running,as my dogs were used to and trained for 500 yrd ers.And Tarn was lamping rabbits the night before ,on the way down,as i forgot the dogs grub.and i have proof of this.She caught 13 rabbits out of about 25 and the white bitch caught the other 5.How many racing men would have done this and would still have dogs to race the next morning.As for taking my pups to lurcher shows,i think most cater for Whippetx now,and if im ever asked by an organizer not to race or show my pups ,then again i will have no problem.I would also like to add ,that i hope you are not refering to myself as moaning and complaining at lurcher shows,as i think ive only ever met you at a few,where i dont think i was taking part in any showing or racing,OH sorry,i did meet you at one show where i was taking part in the racing ,and guess what,i beat youre 7/8,4 times,All Ireland and CHATSWORTH Champion,in the final,with a bitch that couldnt even in my oppinion ,run as she was only 50%fit,and had only ever in my ownership raced 3 times,and i have her from she was 11 months of age.OK I didnt breed her,in fact i only bought her because she was going to a home where dogs had been starved to death,and i wasnt prepared to let this happen.I never raced her till she was 3 years old,as i didnt want to take someone elses glory,and anyway i didnt think she was good enough,as she wouldnt have got near my own breeding.But guess what,she met and beat,what was supposed to be the fastest bitch to ever race over here.Met her once,beat her once.OH and by the way,she is also a 7/8 bitch,before anyone says anything,and i will probibly be breeding her to a Greyhound called Mineola Farloe,next season,so i am taking orders now for my 15/16,pups.Ha Ha,only joking.She will probibly be bred to a coursing Whippet,or 1/2 bred,Maybe even Hellbound,if wee MEGAN'S pups to him make the grade.OOOPPPPSSS,letting out secrets.Darren,you challenged me to get out of that one.(Shouldnt have done that)Things like this, bring the old me back.Sorry mate ,but im not perfect,and never will be. ...Billy...

Sorry,Darren .I shouldnt have clicked on the add reply there.This appology is genuine,but probibly to late. Darren , after the work that the wife ,kids,n myself put in for those titles,and the heart ake that we went through each time pups went down with PARVO or summit,or broke legs,and the bill's that i was left payin for month's afterwards,you'll never know. Daren you've only ever had the one racing dog,you've never had the stress of breeding and trying to rear pups,in more than difficult conditions ,with only the dole coming in.Sometimes people just say the wrong thing and i immedietly go on the deffensive,and get my hackles all fluffed up,and im sorry to say ,this has just happened.My problem,not youre's,Hope ive offended no one. ...Billy...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back