The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rip Twiggy 1968-2010

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Oh Jane I'm so sorry to hear this, she looked a beauutiful little pony. What an age though, thats amazing! Run free little girl xx

An amazing little pony....a fantastic age,..... Im so very sorry Jane... :huggles:

Go with love Twiggy...Run free into the sunshine.

A Bridge Called Love

It takes us back to brighter years, to happier sunlit days

And to precious moments that will be with us always.

And these fond recollections are treasured in the heart

To bring us always close to those, from whom we had to part.

There is a bridge of memories from earth to Heaven above...

It keeps our... dear ones near us;

It's the bridge that we call "love".

Last edited by a moderator:
Farewell Twiggy. What a grand old age you were. :luck: :luck:

Jane, you must be feeling very sad about Twiggy.....I hope you feel better soon.

So sorry to hear about Twiggy.Roam free little cute one xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blimey, 42 is an amazing age even for a hardy little Sheltland, she must have been very well loved and cared for :huggles:

I'm so sorry, she must have left a big gap after being with you such a long time :(

So sorry to hear this Jane 42 is a great age for a pony

R I P TWIGGY RUN FREE

I am so very, very sorry to read of Twiggy's death Jane ... having not been online yesterday seeing this this morning has been quite upsetting, and if it has had that effect on me I can barely begin to imagine how you must be feeling :huggles: I hope the knowledge that no pony could have wished for a better home, a better life, a better human friend is offering you some comfort. Run free Twiggy :wub:

Been thinking of you today jane, sending lots of :huggles: your way xx

RIP Twiggy, Roam free little girl :wub:

So sorry to hear that Twiggy has passed away :( :(

Sending you a big hug Jane :huggles: :huggles:

RIP TWIGGY xxxxxxxxxx

Just read this and feel so very sad for you... what a great age and what a long time she has been with you, RIP little Twiggy :(

Hope you are feeling better soon Jane x

I keep looking at this, having been involved with horses all my life, and knowing the pain of losing them. And I look at little Twiggy, Shetland ponies are a highly 'abused' breed, being kept by unsuitable owners in unsuitable places etc. I don't know you Jane but Twiggy has had the ultimate in 5* care from you and it warms my heart to know that she was loved and cared for in such a way. I rehomed a shetland I rescued from a scrapyard, she is still, almost in her 30's, living as a pet/companion with friends of mine. It's little comfort to you but you have to give yourself a MASSIVE hug and a pat on the back for providing the best for her, she would have been 'only a pony' to so many others... xxx

I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss Jane :( What a good age Twiggy lived to. You obviously gave her the best of care and loved her dearly over the years :huggles:

RIP Twiggy and run free gorgeous girlxxx

Jane, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm not a horsey person but thru my sister and her 3 children I have known how wonderful these equestrians can be and why they become so precious to us.

Your heart feels heavy because you carry Twiggy in it but cords of love can never be truly broken.

I know that the love K9 people hold for you will comfort you at this sad time.

Hannah x

I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss Jane :( What a good age Twiggy lived to. You obviously gave her the best of care and loved her dearly over the years :huggles:
RIP Twiggy and run free gorgeous girlxxx

Each time I come to read the lovely tributes everyone has written for Twiggy, I find myself crying over my keyboard :'(

The fields seem incredibly empty now and I walk the dogs around them wondering how such a small pony could take up such a massive space in my heart.

Thank you, everyone, for being so understanding. Your kind words really do help x

so sorry Jane, no pony could have been loved and cared for as much as Twiggy. xx

Very sorry to hear about your loss of Twiggy.

R.I.P LOVELY LITTLE LADY.

i am sorry to hear this, you did everything you could for her and she was very loved and will always be in your heart xxx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back