The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Savaged

Great stuff, bet that's a weight lifted off your shoulder john!

thats great news.well done little chloe!hope her mental scars heal as quickly as her physical ones.be a shame if she is scared of all dogs approaching her now.get well soon little girl! :huggles: :D :cheers: :wub: :thumbsup:

nice one m8 thats good news :thumbsup:

Brilliant news ;)

great to hear the vet is so pleased with Chloe~

All the very best :luck: Caz x

Thats great news. I'm so pleased Chloe is doing so well. :luck: :huggles:

chloe has had the stitches out and is well on the road to recovery, :thumbsup:

once again we would like to thank everyone who as enquired about her :cheers: :thumbsup: :luck: :luck:

JOHNG said:
chloe has had the stitches out and is well on the road to recovery, :thumbsup:
once again we would like to thank everyone who as enquired about her :cheers:   :thumbsup:   :luck:   :luck:

Great news again. Do you have a nice smiley photo of Chloe that you can post?? I hate thinking about what she's been through... :(

not a smiley photo but have relaxing one of her taking it easy :cheers:

So pleased chloe is well on the road to recovery ~ Bless her :wub: :wub:

Caz x

i know not all staffies should not be tared with one brush BUT tonight while walking our grace and Missy a staff came from no where straight at the dogs i picked them up quickly one 16 pound the other 40 :( luckily the owner managed to get hold of his mut before any damage occurred told him he was a fat a... hole for letting it run free not the dogs fault but the owner skinhead tattoos and all ,i know i was lucky but now realize what may of happened like it did to poor chloe i will be carrying a big thick stick from now on :rant: :rant: :oops: posted as dee :b

gaz

Last edited by a moderator:
After our lot were attacked by a staffie, John has a iron bar with him on the walks, its not long, but he said he would use it. I take an old walking stick with me, when I take Robbie out for his walk. Im scared stiff of these dogs now and Tanyia on k9 is taking her staffie to the champs so my 2 kids can meet a friendly one :)) as they are scared of them too. We have a lot of them running around the town :angry:

most staffs are ok its the odd dickhead owner thats to blame sue :thumbsup:

mutley said:
most staffs are ok its the odd dickhead owner thats to blame sue :thumbsup:

Try telling the kids that :( ,,,they are scared stiff of them,,me too,,but im sure Tanyia's boy will soon get us over it :thumbsup:

they will be OK paulys staff is a cutie :thumbsup:

OMG just read thro' all of this thread, what horrific ordeals for Chloe and Janis's dog and all owners concerned, I know it's months later but I sincerely hope Chloe has made a full recovery :huggles: Is she nervous of other dogs now ?

My neighbour had the sweetest staffie, Daisy, RIP, you could ever wish to meet but only this Saturday I was walking Ella to post a letter when a muscley boy staff, no owner in tow, approached and persistently sniffed vigorously at Ella's bum, she was terrified and squealing out, it wouldn't go away, when I managed to pick her up it was circling us frantically, she's only 15 weeks, so not even in season yet, I was terrified it was going to bite me and her, thank god I didn't have my daughter with me :rant:

I was about to climb up on the nearest wall when it decided to go away, keeping turning round and looking at us, so I abandoned my trip and went right home, heart pounding.

I now take a mini hairspray can with me to squirt in any dogs eyes, do you think this would do any good?

Ive only just noticed this thread and am just adding a reply in defence of so called 'dangerous breeds'

While its a terrible thing that poor chloe has gone through :( i feel i really must stick up for some of these breeds as really they are not all like that! Some people see a staffy or similar breed and are terrified that its going to have them! (w00t)

We have an english bull terrier, who for his breed, is, id say well trained. He is abit bolshy but not nasty at all, he's just pretty enthusiastic about most things! We always put him on the lead past other dogs and when we wlk past he always wags his tail and puffs himself up because hes ALERT....some people stop and say how lovely he is and fuss him :wub: and some people are so ignorant towards the breed they gave him a mile wide berth when walking past, tell me to watch my whipppet because 'that dog might have it' :rant: ( obviously they dont realise that we're together :wacko: ) and generally look frit to death!, Especially since the princess margarat thing! :rant:

Ive had plenty of dogs come up to us, sniffing around and following us such as labs, mongrels and jack russells, but i bet if our EBT had a go at one back it'd all be his fault!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I find alot of nasty dogs can atchully be the smaller ones such as jack russels, etc!

But there are NO bad dogs......Just bad OWNERS ;)

RANT OVER! :p :D

Appreciate what you've said in defence of the breed-

I think we all know that some are ok... some not etc...

but when you've had a nasty experience with one it is only human nature to be cautious/anxious in future...

I get palpitations after the attack on our whippet when I see a similar breed approaching-can't help it...

If all owners were more sensible and showed respect for others- things would be much better.....

Karen

i know you can't class all the staffs as dangerous but when you have gone through what i and chloe went through then you will realize what it is like, everytime i see a staff (and there is a lot about) i will walk in the opposite direction,and you allways seem to get the same quote of the owners oh he/she is allright soft as muck,thats what the owner said after hers had savaged chloe it's never done anything like that before she's as soft as muck with the kids, other dogs are the problem.

p.s. chloe as made a full recovery she is not nervous of other dogs because she as gone blind so can't see them.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back