The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Savaged

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
[quote=kris,Jan 20 2005, 06:55.as for the police i have found over the years they dont wanna do anything in a situation like this unless a solicitor is involved.when something happened to me a few years ago involving some creeps the police said they couldnt/wouldnt do anything.i went to my solicitor.she got on the phone while i was in her office and boy was there a difference in attitude when she gave them a tongue lashing. :rant: she accused them of ignoring the law instead of upholding it,and threatened to write to their chief constable.the situation was resolved within the hour :thumbsup:

If you don't mind me asking Kris, what was the out come ?

Julie

Very best of Luck for Chloes recovery :luck: :luck:

I always say next time could be a child ... they need putting down when this happens. :rant:

hope shes better soon John poor little girl :( if people had the sense to keep their dogs on a lead in public places it could be avoided :rant:

:rant: Its not the Staffies that need putting down its the owners. Ive had Staffies for over 50 years. Only one in the house who lives with our 5 whippets and the Staffie loves them all. Non of our Staffies ever attacked anything in fact the dear bitch we lost last year ran away from cats :b

I hope Chloe is starting to feel better soon John, Poor mite must be in alot of pain.

Its time something was done to vet all Staffie owners and breeds like them to stop this happening.

DIANE HAD A SIMILAR INCIDENT WITH SKYE,LUCKLY SKYE JUMPED INTO HER ARMS AND SHE KEPT TURNING AWAY FROM THE LOOSE STAFFIE.THE SORT OF OWNER IS 15 AND WALKS ROUND LIKE TEN MEN.HE HAS BEEN TOLDIF IT DOES IT AGAIN IT WILL BE ITS LAST.COMMENT I GOT ,THATS WHAT THEY FOR FIGHTERS :rant: A FEW YEARS AGO WAS A LAW PAST THAT THIS TYPE OF DOG SHOULD BE MUZZLED IN PUBLIC AREAS.HOPE CHLOE MAKES FUL AND SPEEDY RECOVERY.

had chloe to the vets and good news he pleased the way it is starting to heal going back on wednesday for another check :)) took a couple of pics dont know what they will turn out like.

this only a bit of the damage some underneath her stomache

Hi John,

I hope that chloes recovery is continuing well and she makes a full recovery. When this happened to me while walking the dogs I also was wearing steel toe cap boots and kicked lumps out of the Staffi I even landed one square on its jaw and I cannot beleive it did not shatter it's jaw these dogs are indistructable. The only reason my dogs did not suffer serious injury is that one of them slipped its coller (thankfully I must have put it in the wrong hole as under normal circumstances there is no way my dogs can slip their collers) and the Staffi chased it but I am glad to say although the Staffi was vicious it could not run and my dog ran all the way home and let me get the other two away from danger. As for the police they were not interested in saying that I guess they were just miffed when they never caught my dog speeding when it was running away from the Staffi. Anyway like myself I guess you will have learned something for this if you know what I meen.

Just looked at the pictures poor dog she must have been terrified. It would be nice if the police enforced the law about these dogs and fined their owners if they are out in a public place without a muzzle on as responsable dog owners of this breed would be obaying the law anyway and would probably agree with this.

poor chloe,she must be in agony john.she is a lovly dog,and i wish her a speedy recovery.

God that looks aweful - very nasty bites. (w00t) Hope she recovers soon, poor dog. :huggles: :huggles:

this was my poor lad after his similar ordeal.

Attack.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope she gets better soon john. It's about time they passed a law where all dogs must be on a lead. Also if a dog is capable of doing that to another dog just think what it could do to a child i luv dogs but 1's like that should be put to sleep and the owner stoped from ever owning a dog again.

john im amazed that chloe is still alive after this savaging.its funny shock didnt kill her.these pictures are horrific also the ones that janimal has posted. :( if this was my dog id be in bits.you must be dreadfully upset.anyway john is right youve learned a lesson from this.these days when out walking your non lethal breeds of dog you need to be 'equipped' if you know what i mean,to protect your dogs.

wishing poor little chloe a speedy and uneventful recovery. :luck: best wishes to you both,keep us posted to let us know how she is. :))

jue 332 ive pmd you in reply to your query

Thanks Kris :thumbsup: , pmd you back.

Julie

i agree with Tanya all staffs cant be labeled the same but this one must be a vicious b.....d ,me been a bad tempered bugger would of introduced this staff to my 12 bore :rant: hope shes better soon john :thumbsup:

I hope Cloe fully recovers from her ordeal . What a terrifying experiance for her . :wub:

had to take chloe back to the vets this morning, when i got up and let her out of the cage i noticed her leg had swollen to twice it"s normal size so phoned the vet and it looks like it is infected so they are keeping her in overnight to monitor her and put her on a stronger antibiotic.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back