The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Southwest Lure Coursing Event 14th March

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
WE ARE HERE :lol:

BUT NO-ONE ELSE IS SO GOING TO CATCH UP ON SOME SLEEP TILL RAE AND HANNAH APPEAR XXXXX -_-

:D

Congratulations to the organisers for a good say and to all the winners. We were especially pleased with our girl (Draperslock Whizzalong) for winning the purse.

It was good to put names to faces and to see old friends. Look forward to running in Scotland in August Shona.

Sharon & Alec :D :D

Just seen some of the results on another site. It seems you all had a great event , hopefully injury free. Maybe a few sore heads on the owners :D Well done to everyone :thumbsup:

What a wonderful day we had!!!!! I am now well and truly hooked on lure coursing - as are Poacher and Irie :D

Being a novice, I didn't keep a card (too much to do just getting my two into the slips and catching them afterwards :lol: ) but Irie had three runs (winning his first) and ran fantastically for a lad who had never done it before. Poacher was drawn against Midland Jake in the lurcher knock out so she had the best introduction possible to the game by running with the eventual winner of the competition and one of the best lurchers on a lure I have ever seen!!

Many congratulations to all the winners and I would like to say a very big thank you to all the organisers :D

The slipper(s) were class! Shona was a wonderful announcer, Rae did a great job threading the lure from the back of the quad (again :oops: ) and the lure driver did a fantastic job.

It was great to see some old friends and new ones too :) There were no bad injuries to my knowledge, but there were alot of very happy, excited dogs - all in all the best day out I have had in years!!!

THANK YOU :D

Last edited by a moderator:
......... and also special thanks to the Judge. Not an easy job to do, methinks :blink:

Poacher out rite away, me bets down :( Hope yous had a superb day.! :thumbsup:

Poacher was drawn against Midland Jake in the lurcher knock out so she had the best introduction possible to the game by running with the eventual winner of the competition and one of the best lurchers on a lure I have ever seen!!

:oops: ............. meant to say Midnight Jake :b

A very enjoyable day, Well done to all organisers
More than well done - mega thanks to everyone who worked so hard to give us a fantastic day, especially the key "workers" - Mark a very skilful lure driver, Arron who had no probs with even my super-hyped Favour, getting dogs away in their stride, judge Shona who stood in the field for hours and hours with only a cup of coffee to keep her going and slip steward "ruby and jinx's mum" whose real name I should have asked because she kept remarkable order AND a good humour with an unnumbered card and always knew what was going on (not as easy as you might think with a 32, two 16s and an 8 to keep on the rails). Plus the quad driver and everyone else who worked all day to give everyone else their fun.

My dogs couldn't believe they were getting so many turns and ran themselves legless. My only complaint was not being able to see more runs as I was going back and forth to the van all day. Hoping someone is going to post the complete results and some pics as I never got my card marked, let alone taking the camera out of its case. I can at least give the results that concerned me:

Main stake semis:

Vensuter Almond beat Moonlake Must Be Cool

Big Bruvva Strikes beat Medium Dry

Final (I think) Big Bruvva Strikes beat Vensuter Almond - but I could be wrong because there was a re-run somewhere about then. Incidentally, the KC registered name was Big Bruva Stykes - is the above a local variation or have I missed an "official" change somewhere?

Purse (1st round losers) final

Draperslock Wizzalong beat Moonlake More of a Splash.

Gay

www.moonlake.co.uk

I am currently on the m6 but will post full results when I get home in about 4 hours or so!!!

Brilliant day all knackered just want to get home now xxxxxx

Shona xxxx

Thanks to all for a great day .... Congratulations to all of the dogs who ran ... It was great seeing Supe running with his Uncle Doogan in the final .... Gay is right Supes kc name is actually Big Bruva Strykes ... though it took 3 attempts for the kc to get this name right as it first came back as Big Brush Strokes :unsure: (w00t) lol .... Off to lie down in a very dark room now as never took Barbaras advice lol ... :blink: :x

FULL RESULTS

MAIN STAKE FIRST ROUND

Moonlake must be Cool

beat

Winterfell Sprite

Starstrike Heart and Soul

beat

Shelby

Mallyfield Wild Knight with Alacrity

beat

Hantreved Wings of Anteros for Niisyf

Shandril Moonchild at Harerunner

beat

Hillsdown Daydreamer

Arjuna Joe Bloggs

beat

Moonlake More of a splash

Winterfell Tinkerbelle

beat

Starstrike Black

Vensuter Almond

beat

Sergevs Midnight Son

Cyanara Ice Saint of Niisif

beat

Scarletfair Starrynight

High Jinx

beat

Horseshoe Gold

Big Bruvva Strykes

beat

Moonlake Walks on Water

Buebezi French Connection to Alacrity

beat

Draperslock Whizzalong

Winterfell Lady Grey

beat

Wheatroyd Once upon a wish

Medium Dry

beat

Tipp Tail

Corbozier Ironic

beat

Wild Angelica

Star of the North

beat

Racing Stripes of Niisyf

Moonlake Lightly Splashed

beat

Stars and Stripes

MAIN STAKE 2ND ROUND

Moonlake Must be Cool

beat

Mallyfield Wild Knight with Alacrity

beat

Shandril Moonchild at Harerunner

Winterfell Tinkerbelle

beat

Arujna Joe Bloggs

Vensuter Almond

beat

Cyanara Ice Saint at Niisyf

Big Bruvva Strykes

beat

High Jinx

Winterfell Lady Grey

beat

Buebezi French Connection to Alacrity

Medium Dry

beat

Corbozier Ironic

Moonlake Lightly Splashed

beat

Star of the North

MAIN STAKE QUARTER FINALS

Moonlake Must be Cool

beat

Mallyfield Wild Knight at Alacrity

Vensuter Almond

beat

Winterfell Tinkerbelle

Big Bruvva Strykes

beat

Winterfell Lady Grey

Medium Dry (Bye)

beat

Moonlake Lightly Splashed (withdrawn)

MAIN STAKE SEMI FINALS

Vensuter Almond

beat

Moonlake Must be Cool

Big Bruvva Strykes

beat

Medium Dry

MAIN STAKE FINAL

BIG BRUVVA STRYKES

Beat

Vensuter Almond

If I had any mistakes sorry

We have been driving for 7 hours xxxxx

Thanks again to everyone for a great day xxx

Great to see you all enjoyed a top days sport it goes without saying We All Stood Together there are many Thank You's so here we go THANK YOU Mark on the Lure Shona our Judge Arron & Big Sean Slippers Rea & her farmer on the Quad Shona Walsh for slip stewarding & Rea & Gaz our hosts for some great land on which the event took place Also Thank You all for supporting the event as with no dogs there would be no event Congratulations to All the winners & hop to see you at other events run by the UK Working Whippet Club & The Northwest LCC.

LURCHER STAKE

FIRST ROUND

Chase

beat

Sniper(NS)

Leia

beat

Bow(NS)

Shakira

beat

Teazle

Midland Jake

beat

Poacher

Blue

beat

Boyzo(NS)

Otis

beat

Midnight Flight

Isla

beat

The Flying Collie

LURCHER QUARTER FINALS

Chase

beat

Leia

Jake

beat

Shakira

Otis

beat

Blue

Isla(Bye)

LURCHER SEMI FINALS

Chase

beat

Jake

Otis

beat

Isla

LURCHER FINALS

MIDLAND JAKE

beat

Otis

Well done to all the runners x

PURSE(1ST ROUND LOSERS)

Winterfell Sprite

beat

Shelby

Amos

beat

Hillsdown Daydreamer

Moonlake More of a splash

beat

Starstrike Black

Scarlet Starry Night

beat

Sergevs Midnight Son

Moonlake Walks on Water

beat

Horseshoe Gold

Draperslock Whizzalong

beat

Wheatroyd Once Upon a Wish

Tip Tail

beat

Wild Angelica

Stars and Stripes(bye)

PURSE QUARTER FINALS

Amos

beat

Winterfell Sprite

Moonlake More of a Splash

beat

Scarletfair Starry Night

Draperslock Whizzalong

beat

Moonlake Walks on Water

Tip Tail

beat

Stars and Stripes(Withdrawn)

PURSE SEMI FINALS

beat

Amos

Draperslock Whizzalong

beat

Tip Tail

PURSE FINALS

DRAPERSLOCK WHIZZALONG

Beat

Well done everyone xx

PLATE RESULTS

beat

Shandril Moonchild at Hare runner

Arujna Joe Bloggs

beat

Cyanara Ice Saint of Niisyf

Buebezi French Conection to Alacrity

beat

High Jinx

Star of the North

beat

Corbozier Ironic

SEMI FINALS

Arjuna Joe Bloggs

beat

beat

Star of the North

PLATE FINAL

beat

Arjuna Joe Bloggs

Well Done everyone xxx

cheers Shona for putting the full results in, i can complete my card now :thumbsup:

Also big thank you to all who donated raffel prizes which were donated to Hanah's run for life.

Yes thanks to all .. Its raised £43 for Rae and myselfs race for life :cheers: ....... And yes cheers Shona for putting the results on :D ...... Now off to find an asda lol ... :b

BIG WELL DONE to Supe! 8) i fancied you to win! from your proud northern bro Odds :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back