The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Southwest Lure Coursing Event 14th March

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Can anyone give me a rough estimate on what time the lurchers are likely to start?

Otis likes to cheer/sing very loudly each time the lure goes off and it's probably best if we're not there to watch right from the start!

Looking forward to it!

Packed and ready to go

leave in an hour xxxxx

So excited!!!!!!! :lol:

See you all there tomorrow afternoon

Yeha xxxx

What a great draw..hope you all have a great day and no injuries..i wish i could of come ..maybe next time

it would be any ones guess who going to win...

make sure you take plently of pic...TC have ya camera ready :p

Packed and ready to go leave in an hour xxxxx

So excited!!!!!!! :lol:

See you all there tomorrow afternoon

Yeha xxxx

Same here :D .....Though thought I'd travel light so just packed paracetamol and sun glasses ... :b ... See you all tomorrow / Saturday :D

Lets not start the 'East Anglian verus any other club' again. Some of us who are members of both could get offended. :b

Sarah im sure they won't be as offended as The Standing Committee/The National Coursing Club/The Whippet Coursing Club/Many of the slippers who slip these events & Over 100000 Countryside Alliance members at the comments constantly made by members from the said club :thumbsup:

Now back to Saturday Good Luck to everyone who has entered. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
blimey i'm only leaving home for 2 days camping and the car is full to busting with stuff

not sure there is room left for the dogs that are running :lol:

see you all there

Hav a go at the 4 winners== Whippet main final=Winterfell Tinkerbelle, Whippet Purse=High Jinx.! Lurcher main final=Poacher, Purse=Shakira.! :D All the best, and may all dogs come home SAFE & WELL.! Scoobs :thumbsup: PS its just a guess, dont know any of these dogs.!

Good luck :luck: have a good one and injury free :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a great day/weekend. Good travelling no injuries to dogs and have a great time.

My Sheba ( 8 years young ) wishes all the lurchers a good day and have a great laugh :lol:

SA16.jpg

Hav a go at the 4 winners== Whippet main final=Winterfell Tinkerbelle, Whippet Purse=High Jinx.! Lurcher main final=Poacher, Purse=Shakira.! :D All the best, and may all dogs come home SAFE & WELL.! Scoobs :thumbsup: PS its just a guess, dont know any of these dogs.!
I'm no expert but you might want to change your bet if you want to win 8) For High Jinx to win the Purse she'd have to be knocked out in the first round by Horseshoe Gold and I can't see that happening somehow :p If it does I'll eat my hat (w00t)

TCx

As i say TC, dont know these dogs, but do know wee Jinx, so al keep me bet FANX.! hav fun, wish u luck.! Scoobs :p

Well Scooby, Poacher thanks you very much for your confidence and is proud that you have picked a local West Devon dog to win the main lurcher final :D

However, she feels you should know that she only has three good legs, having chipped a stifle joint last September, and is at a wee bit of a disadvantage against her first opponent :clown: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

Hope everyone has a safe journey tomorrow Hannah & I will be here ready to greet you all with home made pastries :lol: That's if we get back from the shops / pub in time ........ :b

Looking forward to Saturday, I hope someone's child will ride on the quad this time :lol: as I've only just stopped moaning about the last time. :p (Just ask Gaz)

And dont forget Cara is having a party at the pub for us all on Saturday so hope everyone can stay and make the most of the weekend. :D

Just on the phone to Mark can you lock up the knives & pepper so he won't be attacked this year & he says Keiron has perfected the smashing glass in return he will be giving you a crash course in Nunchuks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a great days running what ever the draw is. I'm sure that you all will have a great weekend. May the weather be good and the running be great for you all. Fingers crossed for an injury free day. Have fun all.

Thanks Barbara ... You are right it's going to be a good weekend ... :D

Make sure that you and Rae have a good time but remember that often there is a hang over the next morning IF you don't drink enough water the night before. Remember when riding on a quad bike to rethread the lure it can be bumpy eh Rae. ;) :)

No TC can't make it this time.

I prefer to see the draw on the day BUT once I know that it's available then I just have to see my dogs draw. Makes no difference to whether I run my dogs or not but if it other people know then I have just have to too.

LOL ....I don't know what you are implying Barbara ......but I'll tell Rae we have to take more water with it ... lol ....I just feel sorry for poor Gaz having to put up with 2 of us, Beej and 11 extra dogs :b
then there is the :x :x Much more water with it (I speak from experience being much older than the two of you). AND I remember seeing Rae's face when she was being bounced around on the Quad bike. I feel sorry for Gaz too with you two right ............... girlie's about town. Beej and the dogs will be a doddle in comparison. Cara's food at the pub is fabbo.

Looking forwards to seeing the results and write up. One thing I do know you lot are going to have an excellent time. Hannah and Rae don't have a hangover until Monday morning. Good luck the lot of you. Mark don't let any Nunchuks anywhere near Hannah or Rae or your None Chuks will be no more. They will giggle madly whilst whacking them off. Trust me I have had a vision of such happenings. :thumbsup:

Poacher looks the part on her profile=DUH WRONG AGAIN.! :-

Hey scooby

Im hoping Jinxy stays in past the first round with all this traveling xxxx :b

Not so many outright racers in the first round unlike Scotland

Totally different lineup this time more coursers so a different type of comp ;)

We are currently just approaching Birmingham so hope the kettle and pastries will be read about midday Rae and Hannah xxxxx

So looking forward to puting some more faces to names ( Im the small plump red haired one normally stood next to the 6ft 7 one OK)

As for the quad James is all ready to do the honours as required he is now an expert xxxx :lol:

Yipee just hitting the morning traffic at brum all good fun

See you all later xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LOL Hopefully I won't be eating my hat :D

I'm also looking forward to meeting a few new people and seeing some old faces. I will look like the short fat bird below this writing. I will NOT have a red coat on, but I might be tempted to bring the jeans out in case there are any cameras about as I know how much Lampy liked them last time he saw them :-

After much soul searching and deliberating, and serious watching yesterday and this morning while running, I have decided to enter Winx please. Sorry to mess about at the last minute but he's run really well the last 24 hours and I think he'll be fine. God help me if he's not!

I'll bring you a tenner tonight Mr Roberts. I'm presuming you'll get here tonight, and not 4 am tomorrow morning after getting lost again :*

See a few of you at the pub later o:)

TCx

LOL Hopefully I won't be eating my hat :D
I'm also looking forward to meeting a few new people and seeing some old faces. I will look like the short fat bird below this writing. I will NOT have a red coat on, but I might be tempted to bring the jeans out in case there are any cameras about as I know how much Lampy liked them last time he saw them :-

After much soul searching and deliberating, and serious watching yesterday and this morning while running, I have decided to enter Winx please. Sorry to mess about at the last minute but he's run really well the last 24 hours and I think he'll be fine. God help me if he's not!

I'll bring you a tenner tonight Mr Roberts. I'm presuming you'll get here tonight, and not 4 am tomorrow morning after getting lost again :*

See a few of you at the pub later o:)

TCx
Sorry - Should have said Star of the North over Alacrity not Winx :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back