The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Southwest Lure Coursing Event 14th March

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just like to add our thanks to everyone involved in making yesterday yet another great lurecouring meeting the effort needed to make these events run so smooth and to be so enjoyable for all participants is certainly appreciated in this quarter.

Congratulations also to all the winners especially Supe who has always given great performances without gaining the rewards they have deserved.

Already looking forward to the Low Marishes event both in anticipation of the events and seeing old acquaintances again

CHEERS EVERYONE :D Laurie Winter

Sorry, not been on as other things on my mind.

Some of you may have seen Ruso somersault twice as he caught the lure in the final. He came out of that holding his left foreleg up and within minutes has a large swelling. He would let me manipulate it without any reaction (and again later after the adrenaline wore off) so I was thinking that he must have just taken a hard knock as there was a very small wound right on his wrist. He was weight bearing and sound.

I've treated it with metacam, arnica and ice packs for 10 minutes at a time and sincerely hoped that the swelling would have gone down this morning. Not a bit, so more of the same and by this afternoon I was convinced it must be a fracture of some kind, so off to the vets we went.

She manipulated it as well and felt the same as me that it must be just a knock and to carry on with the treatment but then was feeling very strongly (for want of a better word) the actual swelling itself and located what seems to be quite a large solid mass so we think it's bone but are hoping it's an haematoma.

We will now wait until Wednesday for the swelling to hopefully go down or any blood to disperse and then he's probably in for surgery on Thursday.

So my gorgeous little lad is being an absolute star. Not one moan or wimper of complaint bless him, and I truly hope he doesn't have to have surgery, but only time will tell...

Well done to all the winners

TCx

Last edited by a moderator:
omg..im so sorry i hope Ruso will recovery quickly and dont need sugery...im sending him lots of hugs :wub: :wub:

hes such a brave lad...

I hate to hear dogs injuring themselves on the field..owners nightmare :(

Bow took abit of a tumble today at the bsfa today...luckily shes ok

Oh no TC We didnt realise it was so serious thought hed just taken a knock

He ran so well

Our thoughts are with you xxx :)

Only just made it onto the PC,

1stly a big thank you to J&R's mum for posting the results i've been dreding having to type them up ;) the 32 dog stake was run as a full 32 dog stake, some very good courses throughout the day and some good stamina showed by the dogs on a slightly uphill course that was over approximatly 6-700 yds each round.

a big thank you to Rachel for the use of the field and for the preperation put in before the day having it cut and rolled to ensure it was in perfect condition for the days sport.

a big thank you also to the legend that is Mr Atmore this man walks into a room and his halo lights it up o:) but being serious he did a fantastic job as usual, thank you also must go to Shaun Walsh on slipping the Plate/Lurchers under the legends guidance.

thank you also to the judge who judged all day without moaning once there again she was that far away from us all we'd of not heard if she had :lol:

thank you also to Rae & Mr Farmer (The Farmer) for rethreading the lure all day :thumbsup: and to Jeff for stepping in where ever needed.

Congratulations to everyone who took part there were some very well presented dogs on the field that ran outstandingly for their owners.

the 1 that caught my eye was Midland Jake when he walked onto the field what an outstanding example of a lurcher he was and in absolute outstanding condition.

Congratulations to all the winning conections and the runners up.

A big thank you to Rae for putting up with everyone camping.

now i've left the biggest thank you till last and in my mind that is for Mrs Shona Walsh (jinxs & Rubys mum) acting as slip steward for a normal 16/32 stake is hard enough but to steward for a 32 with purse/plate and lurechers was a fantastic feat she had every pair in their clours and ready to go as soon as the slipper called for the next pair she was keeping everyone upto date as to the position we were up to ect ect. (we were going to get a tannoy but she didnt need 1 :p )

THANK YOU SHONA you were a star :thumbsup:

Nearly forgot to thank Ecksy for the Bacon butty.

i'm already looking forward to the next meeting. ;)

Forgot to say, Pennymeadow & myself had a chat on the short? drive home and if there is enough interest there may be a 64 dog stake held in the not to distant future (if there is enough interest) it would be main and purse (no plate) and would be run over 1 day only to allow for anyone who couldnt do a 2 day event.

Thanks to Mark & Jeff for a brilliant days coursing, and to Shona for being a such a fantastic slip steward, not a job I'd fancy; I'll stick to re-threading the lure :lol: I went into the field on Sunday expecting to have to do some clearing up but there was nothing there, and the gazebo etc was back in our garage so thanks to everyone that cleared up while I had to go off to tuck my pony in for the night.

Some brilliant runs, we are thrilled that Supe won and has a lovely momento of the day. Not bad for such a badly bred dog eh Hannah? Well done to all runners and finalists, the dogs showed plenty of stamina. There was also plenty of stamina from the owners, many of whom had travelled for hours to be there. I dont know how many other sports would travel so far for no financial gain to spend the time with friends and let their dogs have a bit of fun.

Mark, who was the photographer? I bet she got some great shots.

TC - sorry to hear bout Ruso, I didnt see him fall, but hope he's OK.

I think Viv got some photos too, I'll go and pester her later to see if we can upload any.

Some of you may have seen Ruso somersault twice as he caught the lure in the final. He came out of that holding his left foreleg up and within minutes has a large swelling. He would let me manipulate it without any reaction (and again later after the adrenaline wore off) so I was thinking that he must have just taken a hard knock as there was a very small wound right on his wrist. He was weight bearing and sound.

I've treated it with metacam, arnica and ice packs for 10 minutes at a time and sincerely hoped that the swelling would have gone down this morning. Not a bit, so more of the same and by this afternoon I was convinced it must be a fracture of some kind, so off to the vets we went.

She manipulated it as well and felt the same as me that it must be just a knock and to carry on with the treatment but then was feeling very strongly (for want of a better word) the actual swelling itself and located what seems to be quite a large solid mass so we think it's bone but are hoping it's an haematoma.

We will now wait until Wednesday for the swelling to hopefully go down or any blood to disperse and then he's probably in for surgery on Thursday.

So my gorgeous little lad is being an absolute star. Not one moan or wimper of complaint bless him, and I truly hope he doesn't have to have surgery, but only time will tell...

TCx
Oh Tracy, what bad luck. It's worth trying the old fashioned remedy I'm currently using on Farthing in preference to Metacam - 6 teaspoons of Epsom Salts (magnesium sulphate) in a pint of warm water. It's really good at reducing swellings. If you don't have any, best place to look for it is the horse section of big pet stores or countrywide type stores. (You can keep on with the metacam as well). Good luck.

Gay

www.moonlake.co.uk

TCx

Oh tc got everything crossed ruso is ok and its nothing too bad, if hes anything like his brother finley he will be very head strong and give his all.

finley and me wish ruso a speedy recovery xxx

:( hope Ruso is ok :luck: :luck: :luck:

Hi all it was a great weeekend, thank you to all who organised and helped on the day i was brill.

Mark, you will get the bacon sarny next time!!!! but at least you had a steak bagette!!!

Tea ran her little sox off, i am very proud of her, it was her first time and she gave it her all, cant wait for next time now,

Thanks mark for letting all the pups have a little trial at the end, Fynn loved it and was so pleased of himself, hopefully a good start for the future.

It was really good to put a few faces to names and nice to meet you all.

jane, poacher is adorable, what you have done for her as great, nd it was lovely to meet the others to.

we all had a great time in the evening singing our hearts out and having a few drinks, Hannah and Rae really do have lovely voices (w00t)

Poor Beej and gaz!!! :lol:

Thanks Again.

cara,xx

Poor Ruso :( his tumble proving more severe than you first thought - wishing the little lad a speedy recovery :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks to everyone for a wonderful day.

The dogs ran very well and all of our dogs came out of it sound and ready for a good run the next day.

Midland Jake did us proud and Chase,Shakira and the little Midnight Flight ran very well,well pleased

A big thank~you to everyone.

From Pat and Andy(Somerset Lurchers)

Cara (Ecksey) who runs the Holman Clavel pub next to us, has very kindly donated £60 to Hannah & I towards our race for life fund this morning so with the raffle etc that brings our total to £120 already. Thanks to everyone that bought raffle tickets and prgrammes (and to Mark for putting the programmes together for us)

Cara (Ecksey) who runs the Holman Clavel pub next to us, has very kindly donated £60 to Hannah & I towards our race for life fund this morning so with the raffle etc that brings our total to £120 already. Thanks to everyone that bought raffle tickets and prgrammes (and to Mark for putting the programmes together for us)

Thats great ... Thanks Cara my lovey xxx :*

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back