The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Thank-you

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
haycroft said:
Update on my Peggy
Phone vets this morning and Peggy hadnt made much improvement so was advised to take her for a MRI scan

After many phone calls and dropped the kids off at mums ..Olivia kindly offered to drive me to newbury and pick Peggy up and take her to Swindon where there was MRI unit OLIVIA THANK YOU YOU'RE A STAR

Apparentley shes going to me scaned today, the vet  says it looks like that she had a spinal stroke which is affected between her hip bones area of the spine,so im waiting for a call from the vets with the results

Ive been so emotionally upset and didnt sleep all nite and poor Bow cried allnite,i had to stay downstairs with her, im so worried about her

THANKS for all the pms and phone calls regarding Peggy its so much appreciated

Everyone has been so thoughtful and kind hearted

Once again thank you

Jayne xx

Oh Jayne, you must be so tired and drained :huggles:

Really pleased that Olivia was able to drive you. It will have helped having someone with you.

Please let us know how she gets on, and take care of yourself.

Tx

Oh I am so sorry Jayne about Peggy :( How awful for you all, it really knocks you for six when one of our dogs is injured or ill.

I really wish Peggy all the luck in the world and hope the result of the MRI is good :huggles: Thinking of you all

Jo, Peggy-Sue and the boys xx

We're sorry to hear that, poor Peggy - everything crossed here for her MRI results. :luck: :luck: If you need a lift, or help with anything else, give us a call. :huggles:

I carnt imagine what your going through at this time and i wouldnt want to, i just hope all goes well today at the vets, and whatever is wrong is just tempory, wishing her all the luck in the world.

take care Jayne

kind regards

Jack

i have just spoken to jayne, and she is still waiting for the phone call to see how peggy is, they have said that peggy has some feeling in her legs, so lets pray the results are ok :luck:

good luck peggy, i will come and see you later in the week :wub: xxx

Helenxxxxxxxxx

and jayne, make sure you eat something :thumbsup:

Oh God Jayne I'm so sorry to read about Peggy. :(

Anyone that's met you knows your girls mean the world to you and an accident like this could have happened anywhere at anytime, she was doing something she loved and it was 'just one of those things' - I hope she makes a full recovery. :luck:

Please let us know when you have some news. It's got to be good if she has some feeling in her legs.

:huggles: for you and Bow

:( omg how awfull ,good :luck: :luck: on speedy recovery :luck: :luck: :luck:

Jayne

Only just caught up on this thread. So sorry to hear about Peggy.

Praying for positive news on the MRI scan.

Debbie,

Bless little Peggy .......That is positive news that Peggy has started to get feeling back .......Dogs are sooo strong, and like kids they always seem positive and take every thing in their stride .......Thinking of Peggy, you and your family Jayne ......and wishing Peggy all the luck :luck: :luck: :huggles: .......Hannah xx

Spoken to Jayne. The MRI scan has shown an 'explosive disc injury'. Have to say I'm not entirely sure what that is. The vet says she'll stay in for a few days for them to keep an eye on her, then home and TLC and see how it progresses. :luck:

I have to say she's the bravest little whippet, she just lay snuggled up to Jayne with here head on her lap all the way to the vet's and when we got there the poor little thing was so desperate to stand up to see what was going on, but not a squeek out of her. She's a wonderful creature. :huggles: :huggles:

God i just hope this ends well for Jayne and peggy, fingers and everything else crossed for them. and thank you for the updates

YIS

JS

Totally agree with Jack, and I'm so glad Jayne had you to help her.

I'm not sure what the implications are either, and am just praying that she is okay :luck: :luck: :luck:

TCx

So sorry - I've only just gaught up with this thread, it must have been such an awful couple of days for you.

Lots of whippy kisses from Logan for Peggy - hope she is on the mend very soon :huggles:

Peggy is apparently a bit better today. She is able to pee by herself now, she needs to be held to do it I think but still an improvement.

Jayne has more details of the injury now. Apparently there is a cushion of fluid between the disks and the vertebrae, and when sighthounds run very fast they are at risk of this bursting. When it bursts the fluid escapes and puts pressure on the spinal cord. This is more serious the older the dog as the fluid becomes more viscous with age so is more difficult to disperse. In some dogs surgery is needed to remove the fluid. This is not necessary in Peggy's case as the fluid is dispersing well and all that remains is the swelling. Please correct this if it's wrong anyone.

Hopefully she'll be home by the end of the week for lots of TLC from Jayne, who is very touched by all your PMs.

Thank Heaven for some more positive news. Fingers crossed she'll be home before you know it, and on the mend. We know a whippet who suffered a horrendous serious spinal injury a few years ago but regained his mobility, and still manages quite substantial walks with his owner at 14+. They are such resilient little dogs. :huggles:

Ive spoken to the vet this morning and Peggy making good progress, she has urninated by herself which is a good sign and have ate a little ,she still cant bear no weight on her hind legs as yet but they are very hopefull,as its only been 48 hrs since the incident

Shes alot more comfortable and still on painkillers, she has to stay at the vets today and we're taking day by day seeing how she goes and maybe she'll be home by the end of the week

She didnt need surgery which im glad about The vet has explain to me what she has done..well sort of. Basically as Peggy was running so fast at the time the verterbre disk fibre tissue within that theres an outer shell tissue and its the inner liquid which had exploded to the spinal cord and as a whippet get older this liquid get thicker but in peegys case the liquid has had dispersed and this pressure had coursed the damage so therefore she didnt need surgery i hope ive tried to explain this ok

Thanks for everyone whos has asked about Peggy ..Thanks Jayne

OEH said:
Peggy is apparently a bit better today.  She is able to pee by herself now, she needs to be held to do it I think but still an improvement.
Jayne has more details of the injury now. Apparently there is a cushion of fluid between the disks and the vertebrae, and when sighthounds run very fast they are at risk of this bursting.  When it bursts the fluid escapes and puts pressure on the spinal cord.  This is more serious the older the dog as the fluid becomes more viscous with age so is more difficult to disperse.  In some dogs surgery is needed to remove the fluid.  This is not necessary in Peggy's case as the fluid is dispersing well and all that remains is the swelling.  Please correct this if it's wrong anyone.

Hopefully she'll be home by the end of the week for lots of TLC from Jayne, who is very touched by all your PMs.

Thanks olivia youve explain it alot better than i had

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back