The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Parkstone Vases (32 Dog Stake)

If the closing date for entries is not till 10 Feb why has the draw been made in December? Very disappointing as I would love to have entered. obviously a bit late now.

Liz Third said:
If the closing date for entries is not till 10 Feb why has the draw been made in December?  Very disappointing as I would love to have entered. obviously a bit late now.

The draw was made so early as the 32 dog stake was full with 8 or so reserves within the first 8 hours (w00t)

Liz Third said:
If the closing date for entries is not till 10 Feb why has the draw been made in December?  Very disappointing as I would love to have entered. obviously a bit late now.
Hiya, I'm sure if you contact Mark Roberts he'll be able to keep you in mind if you still want to run. There is always the chance of dogs coming into season etc so have to be withdrawn. :thumbsup:

my dogs afterall have been due to come in season for sometime. :sweating:

Liz

Contact Mark and go on the reserves

If you check back to the Pennymeadow cup thread you'll see how many dropped out before the event.

Between now and Feb a lot can happen.

But this event was so popular we all wanted to go again hence the sellout in 8 hours.

If you really want to go PM Mark ASAP and wait and see you never know.

Its going to be a blast again 8)

Mark Roberts said:
Oh, wait a minute - are we supposed to go all rivally and competitive now?
DING DING ROUND 1 :p

Nice to see that it's all still so light hearted and you're enjoying having a laugh.

Shame that some really valid posts were deleted as all your banter and mickey taking seems wasted now.

Best of luck to all the runners

TCx

Last edited by a moderator:
TC said:
Mark Roberts said:

Nice to see that it's all still so light hearted and you're enjoying having a laugh.

Shame that some really valid posts were deleted as all your banter and mickey taking seems wasted now.

TCx

:unsure: It's supposed to be lighthearted, its fun :) thats all it will ever be to me a good day out to watch mine run, of course it's nice to win but if I don't I don't care to be honest it's not about that for us :thumbsup:

Kane is going to kick Digits arse though :p

*Lesley* said:
TC said:
Mark Roberts said:

TCx

:unsure: It's supposed to be lighthearted, its fun :) thats all it will ever be to me a good day out to watch mine run, of course it's nice to win but if I don't I don't care to be honest it's not about that for us :thumbsup:

Exactly, I really hope it is Lesley, and I know it will be, as even with competition you can still have fun, I know I do :thumbsup: It is not just about the winning for me either, even though that is the impression most people seem to have now.

I think I'm just a bit disappointed that someone asked me a question and I answered it and it all got deleted when there were clearly no rules broken whatsoever, bit of a shame. The post I put on really showed that I'm not all about winning, but as it was removed then people won't see that will they 8)

Then the next time I log onto the thread it's all a bit of a mickey take.

Fun is what it's all about, and that's what I enjoy too. Have a great day :huggles:

TCx

TC said:
*Lesley* said:
TC said:
Mark Roberts said:

TCx

Exactly, I really hope it is Lesley, and I know it will be, as even with competition you can still have fun, I know I do :thumbsup: It is not just about the winning for me either, even though that is the impression most people seem to have now.

I think I'm just a bit disappointed that someone asked me a question and I answered it and it all got deleted when there were clearly no rules broken whatsoever, bit of a shame. The post I put on really showed that I'm not all about winning, but as it was removed then people won't see that will they 8)

Fun is what it's all about, and that's what I enjoy too. Have a great day :huggles:

TCx

Oh so it aint just me then as gets there posts deleted if i dont put my full stops in the right place, some folks can speak there minds, but apparantley i musnt upset certain folks :lol:

midlanderkeith said:
TC said:
*Lesley* said:
TC said:
Mark Roberts said:

TCx

TCx

Oh so it aint just me then as gets there posts deleted if i dont put my full stops in the right place, some folks can speak there minds, but apparantley i musnt upset certain folks :lol:

regarding what keith, what did you say that caused upset..

If the closing date for entries is not till 10 Feb why has the draw been made in December? Very disappointing as I would love to have entered. obviously a bit late now.
As I clearly stated at the start entrys were stricktly on a 1st come basis so once the stake was full there was no reason not to do the draw as any entrys after the first 32 had booked in would be reserves anyway.

TC said:
*Lesley* said:
TC said:
Mark Roberts said:

TCx

TCx

I'm not sure I understand TC there is only me and Charlie who are having the banter,not taking the mickey out of anything, except each other maybe :teehee: :unsure: I have nothing to do with earlier threads nor do I intend to ge into any of that.

I think things become silly when they are seen for anything other than what they really are,lure coursing is a fun sport, dogs having a bit of fun and their owners having a meet up with likeminded folk, which happens once every few months.

The rest of the time they are laying on our sofa's so it really isn't worth debate which causes falling out is it, each club has it's own requirements and wherever I run I will abide by them, if I'm not happy with what they are asking for then I'll stay at home :thumbsup:

I think the banter between you & Charlie is GREAT Lesley, :p but i also think its because you have both met each other in person so feel like you can have a bit of banter. :thumbsup: The trouble comes when people you havent met or dont know try having the same sort of banter, that can be taken the other way as if there having a dig at you, or your dogs, or your club.

All of us that where at the last one know its all about FUN maybe thats why it filled up so quickly, (w00t) but people can still enter for the reserves. :luck: to everyone.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Paula - it's very different bantering with people that you've met (and who know what you're like).

I guess TC, what I'm taking the mickey out of, is the idea that I might enter Digit seriously into any kind of competition. My big lad is a wee bit overweight and certainly in no kind of condition to actually compete properly.

Please don't read anything further into it, cuz there really isn't anything!

Oh, and Lesley - Dij says "YOUR MAMA....." which he assures me is a grave insult :p

urchin said:
I think you've hit the nail on the head there Paula - it's very different bantering with people that you've met (and who know what you're like).
I guess TC, what I'm taking the mickey out of, is the idea that I might enter Digit seriously into any kind of competition. My big lad is a wee bit overweight and certainly in no kind of condition to actually compete properly.

Please don't read anything further into it, cuz there really isn't anything!

Oh, and Lesley - Dij says "YOUR MAMA....." which he assures me is a grave insult  :p

(w00t) (w00t) HOW RUDE :eek:

Kane is disgusted by that disrectful boy and says he's going to kick his arse twice now <_<

I just love seeing the bigger dogs taking part, :thumbsup: whether there the fastest or the slowest they really enjoy thereselves. :huggles:

A picture special for Kane (who's the daddy :- " )

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Yum yum :- "

HayField.jpg

Oooooo you nasty man (w00t) Kane is very offended by that :eek:

There's nothing wrong with a natural diet :p

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back