The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Parkstone Vases (32 Dog Stake)

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A big THANK YOU to Hannah & Rae, for volunteering to do the raffle, :huggles: Mark was only saying we need a strong opinionated person who wont take NO for an answer to do the raffle, :- " and then the phone rang, and our perfect person was found. :lol: Dont try to hide people as she will seek you out like a missile. (w00t)

[SIZE=21pt]NOT LONG NOW[/SIZE] (w00t)

It wasnt as frosty last night. :thumbsup:

Strike Whippets said:
Well we've got a new van .....There's a few hic-ups, but we are hoping to have them sorted before Friday other wise it'll be 2 people, 6 Whippets, 1 Lurcher and a collie in Rae's estate car  (w00t) .....Oh well we'll have a laugh either way  :lol:   ......Only a week to go  :D
Well on the way there it will be, but we'll have smuggled a Sprylet puppy or two out with us for on the way home :D

Dont forget raffle prizes and plenty of money people, we wont be taking no for an answer! :p

jinx and rubys mum said:
This is going to be such fun!!!Get the camera out!!

Watch out Tanya Bago and Fly are in training!!!!!! :- "  (w00t)

i should worry too much about tip chasing the lure , will do it as ,many times as you like if not wanted of her but when she is meant to she gets a mental block (w00t) danny has never chased before so could come hurtling back to me but sadly he does forget to put the brakes on every so often so , i hope we have a first aider there :lol: our mabel is a it hit and miss if she chases lures she much prefers the real deal lol

its all in a great cause mark , im sure we will all gladly chuck our money in , raising money and having a laugh its what its all about :thumbsup: i dont think many members have not been affected in some way by cancer and its great we can do something with our dogs as well as raise awareness and money for the cause :thumbsup:

I cant wait to see Tippy lure coursing :wub:

I have just got off the phone with Tony Dent our slipper for saturday he said he & dad Burt Dent are realy looking forward to The Parkstone Vases. :thumbsup:

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
I have just got off the phone with Tony Dent our slipper for saturday he said he & dad Burt Dent are realy looking forward to The Parkstone Vases. :thumbsup:
they are not the only ones!!! :- "

Rae said:
Strike Whippets said:
Well we've got a new van .....There's a few hic-ups, but we are hoping to have them sorted before Friday other wise it'll be 2 people, 6 Whippets, 1 Lurcher and a collie in Rae's estate car  (w00t) .....Oh well we'll have a laugh either way  :lol:   ......Only a week to go  :D
Well on the way there it will be, but we'll have smuggled a Sprylet puppy or two out with us for on the way home :D

Dont forget raffle prizes and plenty of money people, we wont be taking no for an answer! :p

I have a sensor in the door way which will bleep if there are any Sprylets about anyones person :D

Dont forget raffle prizes and plenty of money people, we wont be taking no for an answer
i've no change :- "

as a thank you to Hannah for all her help i'll be bringing along a little present for her :thumbsup:

jinx and rubys mum said:
Strike Whippets said:
Looking forward to next weekend  :D   ....... Its very admirable for such a newly started club to donate ALL of the proceedings to such a great cause  :thumbsup:   ..... I do think a normal raffle and a "special" raffle should be done ..... I have 2 bottles of champagne for the special raffle and possibly a bottle of Baileys  :- "  ..... The more money raised the better, and I'm sure people will dig that little bit deeper to help  :thumbsup:   .....I know I will as my Mum died of this awful disease  :(   ........ Must remember though to let Rae know what I've volunteered us for  :b   :- "  :lol:
Ive got a bottle of smirnoff and a nice bottle of red wine for the raffle too

My aunt went through breast cancer last year and Seans aunt died a few years ago also of breast cancer so we too have a connection to this terrible

disease :oops: :(

If my ticket doesn't come out first, and anyone thinks of touching that smirnoff, there will be deaths!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Its my birthday and I'll kill for vodka if i want to :- "

Its my birthday and I'll kill for vodka if i want to
like mother likie daughter :- "

OK FOLKS

The local weather forcast says that last night was the last frost we will be getting and cloud/rain will be coming in before the weekend.

so although we may get wet the ground will be soft.

if by any chance the weather does not change we will post a decission Friday morning 7am (ish) we are hoping the weather changes as it would be a shame to loose this meeting especialy as all profits are to be donnated to the coast2coast walk but the safety of the dogs is paramount in our minds.

please check here Friday morning before setting off and we'll post a decission either way. (fingers crossed the weather does as expected. :sweating: )

THIS IS THE MET OFFICES WEATHER PREDICTION FOR THE NEXT 3-5 DAYS

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Brighter on Friday with wintry showers over Scottish hills, and evening rain, then drier and milder Saturday. Mostly cloudy Sunday, with rain developing. Breezy, with gales over northern Britain. the predicted tempretaure for Frioday/Saturday is 11 degrees

so we should be ok

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank God!!!! :sweating:

We have had our first frost free morning in over a week today

No defrosting required

Couldnt cope if it was cancelled :(

The dissapointment would be gutting :rant:

Probably would still come down and get drunk anyway!!!!! :p

[SIZE=21pt]3 more sleeps[/SIZE]

We have had our first frost free morning in over a week todayNo defrosting required
we had freezing fog here so the cars in the street are white but it hasn't gotten into the ground so if the Met offices prediction is anyware near accurate we'll be OK :thumbsup:

just to remind everyone the club house will be Open Friday from 7.30pm if anyone would like to come along for a drink and a laugh :thumbsup:

Mark Roberts said:
We have had our first frost free morning in over a week todayNo defrosting required
we had freezing fog here so the cars in the street are white but it hasn't gotten into the ground so if the Met offices prediction is anyware near accurate we'll be OK :thumbsup:

just to remind everyone the club house will be Open Friday from 7.30pm if anyone would like to come along for a drink and a laugh :thumbsup:

GUESS WHAT?

We'll be there!!!!! :cheers: :- "

You wont be trying to break the door down will you? :lol:

I"m off with the hairdryer & hot water bottle (w00t) this morning just to make sure. :thumbsup:

Is James bringing his motorbike? :- "

Strike Whippets said:
Mark Roberts said:
Dont forget raffle prizes and plenty of money people, we wont be taking no for an answer
i've no change :- "

as a thank you to Hannah for all her help i'll be bringing along a little present for her :thumbsup:

Should we be scared :eek: (w00t)

only if it's ticking :- "

lip smacking good (a bit of a clue LOL)

Yes the motor bike is coming (w00t)

He is really looking forward to seeing Keiran and doing his lure coursing duties if you need him :thumbsup:

He is really looking forward to seeing Keiran and doing his lure coursing duties if you need him
what do you mean IF! I thought he was already booked to do it? :thumbsup: .

LOl no I asked him last time would he be up for doing it again at the next 1. :thumbsup:

Update fogs lifting as I type :cheers:

Can those arriving Friday evening let me know what time they expect to arrive so I can make sure the gate is open or contact me for the gate code

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back