The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Uk Top Lure Coursing Whippet Compitition

Mark Roberts

The Ringmaster
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Pennymeadow & Myself are toying with the Idea of organising several meetings around the country with the winner/runner up both qualifying for a Final 16 dog stake to find the true top lure coursing whippet in the country, the heats would be open to any whippet that was KC registered and under 21" that way you realy do find the real top whippet.

anyone that would be interested in taking part in such an event PM me so we can see if enough people would be interested in running at it to make it viable.

obviouysly we'll arrange for a independant judge for the events. (Ex Hare Coursing Slippers/judges)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Roberts said:
The whole basis for running in this club was on the assumption that you were either a member of EAWCC or( and only for invitation events) you were a member of a similar club
Thats what I understood (or what took it to mean) thats why I gave details to a couple of people who had Lure coursed with the NWLCC and who I knew would be keen to run at the event.

With this in mind Myself & Pennymeadow are toying with the Idea of organising several meetings around the country with the winner/runner up both qualifying for a Final 16 dog stake to find the true top lure coursing whippet in the country, the heats would be open to any whippet that was KC registered that way you realy do find the real top whippet.

anyone that would be interested in taking part in such an event PM me so we can see if enough people would be interested in running at it to make it viable.

obviouysly we'll arrange for a independant judge for the events.

Yes. Brilliant idea :) You can put me down. Will it be more openand therefore less restrictive than some clubs? Will it be less dependent on your face fitting? Will the results be fair or will the committe members have favour?Will it be less expensive than some? And finally, if there is to be a committee, will it be truly democratic or will it be in place merely to rubber stamp the dictates of a minority? Oh and will the wearing of a tweed jacket and use of a posh accent ensure deference and gain priviledges or will we all be treated equally?

Yes. Brilliant idea  You can put me down. Will it be more openand therefore less restrictive than some clubs? Will it be less dependent on your face fitting? Will the results be fair or will the committe members have favour?Will it be less expensive than some? And finally, if there is to be a committee, will it be truly democratic or will it be in place merely to rubber stamp the dictates of a minority? Oh and will the wearing of a tweed jacket and use of a posh accent ensure deference and gain priviledges or will we all be treated equally?
You know me and my views.

A posh voice, tweed jacket ect means nothing to me (well they do but it definatly doesnt get favouratism)

We need to find venues ect around the country, the plan is to use a liscenced judge (ex hare coursing judges for fairness) the cost of entry will be set only as high as is needed to cover expenses (ie: field rental/judge/trophies) entry will be open to any whippet of any breeding (race/show/coursing/working) as long as it had a bona fide KC registration but obviously dogs MUST of chased a lure before either lure coursing or racing (for safety reasons)

i'll post more details as the planning moves along and we have an idea of how many would be entering ect.

great job mark! be sure to keep me informed as id be very interested :thumbsup:

Ok i've just had a call and been offord the use of a field in South Wales for 1 of the Heats, and we've got a venue in Lancashire so 6 more venues needed around the country.

Mark Roberts said:
Ok i've just had a call and been offord the use of a field in South Wales for 1 of the Heats, and we've got a venue in Lancashire so 6 more venues needed around the country.
What would be your preferred areas for venues?

we've got venues in lancashire, south wales and maybe cornwall so far.

venues would need to be in most areas. suggestions of venues welcome.

OK Lady's & Gentlemen,

i've just been rung by the powers that be at East Anglia, and i'm now in a possition to clarify a few issues.

1, Stake 1 & 3 are Open to NONE EAWCC members.

2, all whippets MUST be KC registered and MUST be under 20" (at the shoulder).

3, ALL entry forms MUST be requested from The Club Secretary.

4, ONLY DOGS ENTERED IN THE LURE COURSING STAKES OR FOR TRIALS TO BE TAKEN TO THE VENUE.

Mark might be able to sort some land in south warwickshire if thats any good, pm me on the other site what your looking for, im sure i can sort something out for you.

YIS

JS

Mark Roberts said:
The whole basis for running in this club was With this in mind Myself & Pennymeadow are toying with the Idea of organising several meetings around the country with the winner/runner up both qualifying for a Final 16 dog stake to find the true top lure coursing whippet in the country, the heats would be open to any whippet that was KC registered that way you realy do find the real top whippet.
Excellent idea, Count us in :thumbsup: (my sentiments exactly LampingMan)! Will there be a 20" height limit though, or separate stakes for over-sized dogs, are there are a number of good lurecoursing dogs around that are over the limit.

Jack Sparrow said:
Mark might be able to sort some land in south warwickshire if thats any good, pm me on the other site what your looking for, im sure i can sort something out for you.
Somewhere in central England would be good, espl. for finals. I'll ask around hereabouts in Oxon too.

Cheers,

the limit would be 21" dogs being muzzeld for safety reasons.

The Final would definatly need to be held in the center of the country to make it fare on as many as possible.

Great idea Mark (thats 2 in 1 week now, you go steady :lol: ) ......You can count us in as well :cheers: ...... We have a couple that do run lol .....

weve now been offord a venue near warick just off the M40 (cheers Jack)

so with 4-5 venues arranged we need to know how many people will be interested in taking part.

To compeat your dog would need to be under 21" , KC registered breeding unimportant all welcome show,work,race,coursing breds, winners only progress to the next round then both finalist qualify for the 16 dog stake final.

we'll be arranging for independant judges at each meeting.

come on lets see which comes out on top?.

Sorry Jack,

KC reg only for this 1, BUT if enough are interested maybe we could run a lurcher stake as well the same day? (16 dog stake?).

No probs mate, just thought i would ask. hope you can pull it off, looking forward to it already :thumbsup:

YIS

JS

Mark Roberts said:
Great idea Mark (thats 2 in 1 week now, you go steady
I know nothing for years then 2 in as many weeks :blink:

Well they say wisdom comes with age :- " ......IF you had adequate numbers wanting to do this would you consider a puppy stake and vets (6 and over) stake....to help keep the numbers up ??

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back