The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Very Strange Advert On Epupz!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
JAX said:
Im not completey anti EPUPZ , just people who put adverts on like the one mentioned , someone who so obviously hasnt got any scrubbles about where her puppies are going ,  :rant:
As has been said before , its down to the breeders to find the best homes possible for their pups .and weed out the `wheat from the chaff` ;)

i totally agree with you

~whitecross whippets~ said:
imo good breeders find good homes however or wherever they advertise :D

Yes, i would say that just about sums it all up. It doesn't matter how you find good homes, just as long as that's what they are. Agree that it doesn't seem right that people just use the forum as free-advertising and don't post at other times.

i'll get shot for saying this, but one of my pups was sold on epupz :b and i have to say, i received a better class of would be buyers than through the ad on my breed club :eek: what i found helpful was that YOU choose how to be contacted, and can at least roughly sort out the yes/no/maybe pile from the safety of your home, without worrying about dodgy types getting a look in.

the lady in question had to go through several emails, followed by her disclosing her details, with me following up, home checks etc, and some very personal questions (no offence intended, but neither was i willing to let one of my babies be used to patch up a rocky marriage, or get dragged through a breakup :b )

to her credit, she completely understood, and her biggest attraction for me was how knowledgable, and how loopy she was regarding them :D

through the breed club, my number became accessible through them directly, as well as their webpage :eek: and i received countless phonecalls of a dubious nature night and day :angry: i will not do THAT again!

litter breakdown:

1 we kept

1 stud owners kept

1 through epupz

4 through referals

lalena said:
i'll get shot for saying this, but one of my pups was sold on epupz :b   and i have to say, i received a better class of would be buyers than through the ad on my breed club :eek:   what i found helpful was that YOU choose how to be contacted, and can at least roughly sort out the yes/no/maybe pile from the safety of your home, without worrying about dodgy types getting a look in.the lady in question had to go through several emails, followed by her disclosing her details, with me following up, home checks etc, and some very personal questions (no offence intended, but neither was i willing to let one of my babies be used to patch up a rocky marriage, or get dragged through a breakup :b )

to her credit, she completely understood, and her biggest attraction for me was how knowledgable, and how loopy she was regarding them :D

through the breed club, my number became accessible through them directly, as well as their webpage :eek: and i received countless phonecalls of a dubious nature night and day :angry: i will not do THAT again!

litter breakdown:

1 we kept

1 stud owners kept

1 through epupz

4 through referals

Sounds like you took a lot of effort to find great homes for your puppies. Im sure no one will think you should be shot just because you found a great home through e-pupz. It's not only idiots that look on there, im sure loads of great potential owners use the site too.

lalena said:
i'll get shot for saying this, but one of my pups was sold on epupz :b   and i have to say, i received a better class of would be buyers than through the ad on my breed club :eek:   what i found helpful was that YOU choose how to be contacted, and can at least roughly sort out the yes/no/maybe pile from the safety of your home, without worrying about dodgy types getting a look in.the lady in question had to go through several emails, followed by her disclosing her details, with me following up, home checks etc, and some very personal questions (no offence intended, but neither was i willing to let one of my babies be used to patch up a rocky marriage, or get dragged through a breakup :b )

litter breakdown:

1 we kept

1 stud owners kept

1 through epupz

4 through referals

whats the difference in selling a pup through e pupz or selling one through champdogs

Surely it does not make any difference where breeders advertise their pups, as long as they do the right thing by them: before they are sold, as well as making sure they go to a good home.

Advertising through the breed club suppose to give a guarantee to the buyer that the breeder is a responsible and reputable person. Which puts the breeder in a position to be able to scrutinise the buyer closely.

dawn said:
I usually tell people who enquire after pups to visit and post that they are looking for a puppy on the board, that way the breeders who have litters can contact them via PM without advertising.
IMO a good breeder shouldn't need to advertise puppies.

then why do you

ja jumper said:
dawn said:
I usually tell people who enquire after pups to visit and post that they are looking for a puppy on the board, that way the breeders who have litters can contact them via PM without advertising.

then why do you

i think all you breeders take great care where your dogs end up im just stating that you all advertise your dogs ,litters etc ,and you shouldnt just say e pupz is cr** when you all advertise on sites just the same

ja jumper said:
dawn said:

then why do you

sometimes a buyer has to cancel through personal circumstances, or you get a timewaster, or a larger than expected litter, sometimes people only want a particular colour or sex. advertising for pups isnt a bad thing, its HOW you advertise and how thoroughly you vet buyers. if the main consideration on either side is money, steer well clear!

Oh come on! EVERYBODY does advertise. Some people keep putting photos of there dogs in dog magazines and catalogues, some have elaborate websites. But it is all advertising for pups, albeit indirect. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynn-Alexandria said:
Having only been introduced to Epupz a few weeks ago I have to say that there are some aspects of it that concern me.  However I agree with what Dolly is saying.  I was glancing through the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel section becuase they are a breed close to my heart.  I was sickened to see an ad for a 6 year old bitch who was used as a breeding bitch and is now ready to retire.  I think it is sick that people just disregard their bitches when they are finished with them.
"A Dog is for Life"

That is a saying that I firmly believe.  It is unfair that these poor dogs who are with their family for so long are suddenly uprooted and sold becuase they have served their purpose.  It makes me so angry to see adds like this.  :rant:   :rant:

Having considered it for a long while and thinking about what I said and what actually has been said on here. It is not the fault of Epupz that people are advertising their retired bitches on there. It is the owners who decide to do so. When I was looking for JD I looked everywhere, newspapers, adtrader, breed lists. I eventually found JD's breeder in the local newspaper. I remember when my mom was looking for her Cavalier she called the Kennel Club and they were charging for the breeder lists. We got Mij from and ad in the adtrader.

At the end of the day it is upto the breeders of the dogs to make sure that the dogs are going to good homes. Just thought Id add that.

ja jumper said:
ja jumper said:
dawn said:

then why do you

i think all you breeders take great care where your dogs end up im just stating that you all advertise your dogs ,litters etc ,and you shouldnt just say e pupz is cr** when you all advertise on sites just the same

If you read my post corresctly I SAID that I point them to K9 so that breeders who do have litters can contact them personally not send them to have a look at adverts on K9 so before you start making accusations get your facts right please.

Aphrael have NEVER advertised any pups anywhere infact we very rarely tell people we have any, even friends until they are a few weeks old!

Of course if someone uses the word 'advertise' in the same context as promote it would seem that we do ALL advertise. I use the word in it's correct context as offering for sale.

QUOTE of definition

To make public announcement of, especially to proclaim the qualities or advantages of (a product or business) so as to increase sales.

JAX said:
hasnt got any scrubbles ;)
JAX

Don't know if I have any scrubbles as I dont know what they are :D

I do have scrupples though :- "

Is scrubbles a local dialect corruption? OR is it you showing your inability to spell write :oops:

[SIZE=14pt]WHY[/SIZE] do you always pick on me [SIZE=14pt]ME !!![/SIZE]

YOU ARE ONE NASTY LADY !!! :rant: :rant:

but I still love you :wub: :thumbsup: :huggles: ;)

Actually :* it's scruples so neither of can spell right, so there :p

*Lesley* said:
Actually :* it's scruples so neither of can spell right, so there :p

MY excuse for poor spelling is that I am blonde.

If you look at JAX' pussy pictures you will see that she isn't :oops:

I would like to say that I bought both my pups from epupz and I don't think that I am stupid or dodgy (but I am biased :b )

It turned out that one we bought from a perfectly respectable breeder (you know who you are!!!) and one completely unrespectable breeder (and she knows who she is and doesn't use this website as far as I know).

After contacting epupz themselves (along with a fellow k9er) about this breeder and her 'false advertising', we managed to get all her adverts removed from the website :cheers: I check back from time to time as well. So epupz do like they say and try to fight puppy farmers etc. Which is more than I can say for puppies.co.uk which still show this breeders adverts even after complaints :rant:

I'm sure there are both good & bad that advertise on the likes of EPUPZ.

My main problem with this site is that they dont seem to have any criteria for a so called reputable breeder advertising.

If they do not wish to promote puppy farmers ets, why do they not restrict the ads to a minimum of one advertisement per person no more than every 6 months or a minimum of 2 ads per year, or some kind of criteria.

There is a person advertising yet again who was advertising not one but two litters less than 6 months ago, is now advertising yet another litter PLUS in the meantime wanted shot of the sire of these litters too & was advertising this poor dog for sale.

Sorry in my books, 3 litters plus the stud dog all being advertised in such a short space of time doesn' t say to me REPUTABLE breeder!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back