The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Very Strange Advert On Epupz!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
nina said:
I'm sure there are both good & bad that advertise on the likes of EPUPZ.
My main problem with this site is that they dont seem to have any criteria for a so called reputable breeder advertising.

If they do not wish to promote puppy farmers ets, why do they not restrict the ads to a minimum of one advertisement per person no more than every 6 months or a minimum of 2 ads per year, or some kind of criteria.

There is a person advertising yet again who was advertising not one but two litters less than 6 months ago, is now advertising yet another litter PLUS in the meantime wanted shot of the sire of these litters too & was advertising this poor dog for sale.

Sorry in my books, 3 litters plus the stud dog all being advertised in such a short space of time doesn' t say to me REPUTABLE breeder!!

i totally agree with you ,but epupz is no different to other sites like champdogs etc as for other breeders saying you should not advertise pups then why do they have websites of their own advertising as whippet breeders i think there are good and bad in all one or two adverts spoil it for others

dolly said:
WHAT UPSETS ME EVEN MORE ON EPUZ, TODAY LISTED IS TWO SEVEN YEAR OLD BITCHES FOR SALE.
OBVIOUSLY SERVED THEIE PURPOSE AND NOW PUT  UP FOR SALE :rant:   :rant:

I HOPE THAT THESE TWO GIRLS GET A LOVING PERMANENT FIRESIDE HOME SOON

HELEN

sorry to bring this up,but any news on these two?

A lot of people who want puppies look on epupz. They may not know where else to go, this does not make them bad potential owners just not very imaginative.

If "good caring breeders" did not use epupz the choice of puppies would be restricted for these decent people and they would be buying from breeders who don't give good care, advice and backup for their puppies.

In my not so humble opinion the more that a good, thoughtful and caring breeder advertises the better, as purchasers have a choice and they are made aware of the difference between a carefully bred and reared puppy and one which the breeder washes her hands of the minute it leaves the premises.

Some of my favourite homes and good friends have come through people buying a puppy from me through an advert. I am very much in favour of advertising It lets everyone have a choice. It is interesting to hear the comments of people who have been searching for a puppy and what they think of certain advertisers both from phone conversations and visits to premises! Puppy buyers are not stupid, they are looking for good breeders, let's not make them hard to find.

We all love referrals of course but they are not cast iron guaranteed, I have had one come badly undone and that was a referral from a fellow breeder. What are referrals if not a form of PR/advertising anyway, especially if they are from someone who has a heavy web presence or owns a well used stud dog or is the secretary of a breed society.

As for "not breeding if you need to advertise", I would prefer to say you should not be breeding if you can't find top quality homes for the puppies you wish to sell, and are not prepared to take them back at any time of their life.

Good luck to all caring breeders in finding special homes for their puppies in 2007.

Cathie

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back