The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What Drives A Breed

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This thread could have been great.

MOVED TO .........ADVICE NEEDED. I WAS SICKENED TO READ THAT ANY ANIMAL COULD BE NETTED AND THROWN LIVE TO ANY DOG TO BE RIPPED APART WHAT A TERRIBLE DEATH THIS IS NOT A FAIR PLAYING FIELD AND CERTAINLY NOT SPORT.

THIS TOPIC HAS NO RIGHT ON WHIPPET SHOWING.

MY DOGS FREE RUN EVERY DAY AND I WOULD NEVER SLEEP IF THEY KILLED ANYTHING. I AM A WHIPPET LOVER THROUGH AND THROUGH NOT JUST TO SHOW BUT AS THE BEST COMPANIONS ANYONE COULD WISH FOR. I AM ALSO AN ANIMAL LOVER AND CAN NOT CONDONE SUCH THINGS.

I HAVE ENJOYED CHATTING ABOUT OUR WONDERFUL, BREED BUT NO MORE.

ENJOY PATSY

patsy said:
MOVED TO .........ADVICE NEEDED. I WAS SICKENED TO READ THAT ANY ANIMAL COULD BE NETTED AND THROWN LIVE TO ANY DOG TO BE RIPPED APART WHAT A TERRIBLE DEATH THIS IS NOT A FAIR PLAYING FIELD AND CERTAINLY NOT SPORT.

MY DOGS FREE RUN EVERY DAY AND I WOULD NEVER SLEEP IF THEY KILLED ANYTHING. I AM A WHIPPET LOVER THROUGH AND THROUGH NOT JUST TO SHOW BUT AS THE BEST COMPANIONS ANYONE COULD WISH FOR. I AM ALSO AN ANIMAL LOVER AND CAN NOT CONDONE SUCH THINGS.

ENJOY PATSY

I agree 100% with you Patsy, also some of the pictures on this topic that were removed also upset me

Last edited by a moderator:
I have requested that the Advice Needed post, and link, be removed from Whippet Showing & placed where appropriate.

As this thread WAS getting interesting can we continue please :thumbsup:

patsy said:

ENJOY PATSY

Patsy - don't go - those unwanted and irrelevant pics have been removed now. Hopefully we are now back to a sane and sensible discussion, and we value your input.

Pauline

maggie217 said:
patsy said:

ENJOY PATSY

Patsy - don't go - those unwanted and irrelevant pics have been removed now. Hopefully we are now back to a sane and sensible discussion, and we value your input.

I do agree it would be such a shame - i have really enjoyed a lot of this topic -

Yes I and a couple of others have tried to get this back on the topic, looks like were are almost there :thumbsup:

anniewhippet said:
T Hoare said:
anniewhippet said:
Interesting.....so what is the common sire(s)/dam(s) behind those two who could be said to have been an influence on them?
:sweating: :sweating: Now your asking something Annie :teehee:

A first thought.........both go back to N. Justa Jesta & B. Forever Love, Esmee through D. Rainon to Single Malt to D. Casting Stone & him through D. Joking Apart to N. Justa Joy to N. Rare Rogue :thumbsup:

hope I'm correct in these details :b

Any thoughts/comments?

I have 'bumped' this to hopefully start us off again......

I love looking at pedigrees, especially those printed on a dog when its won BIS at Champ shows trying to analize the background of its parentage & how the skillful breeder has produced the animal concerned. Only part of it I know but you do need to start with lots of pieces to make the jigsaw.

Let's move on and drive our breed forward. :thumbsup: I was thinking when we were asking about who had won the dog tickets so far this year that we ought to have a thread which we put the main results on and pin it so that we have a handy reference tool. We can put whatever information people would like eg. show, judge, CC's RCC's, BP, BOSP.

What do you think, and who would like to do it. Rls is a very organised person, I'll bet she would make a good job of it. ;)

Jenny

:( Patsy please, please don't go ,

too many people have already been driven off k9 because they have tired of the petty arguments, most of the trouble makers do leave eventually when they no longer find they are able to provoke reaction.

i like many on here have thoroughly enjoyed reading the sometimes heated but otherwise superb, intellegent and informative threads that have come up recently in the showing section, and though i've not enough time and experience behind me to have any input of real value, i'm learning all the time from them.

k9 will be a far poorer place without intelligent input from the broad spectrum of whippet folk, please don't give up on us because of the few who find amusment in arguement,

becka

quintessence said:
Let's move on and drive our breed forward. :thumbsup:   I was thinking when we were asking about who had won the dog tickets so far this year that we ought to have a thread which we put the main results on and pin it so that we have a handy reference tool.  We can put whatever information people would like  eg. show, judge, CC's RCC's, BP, BOSP.
What do you think, and who would like to do it.  Rls is a very organised person, I'll bet she would make a good job of it. ;)

Jenny

Seems like a good idea Jenny :thumbsup:

quintessence said:
Let's move on and drive our breed forward. :thumbsup:   I was thinking when we were asking about who had won the dog tickets so far this year that we ought to have a thread which we put the main results on and pin it so that we have a handy reference tool.  We can put whatever information people would like  eg. show, judge, CC's RCC's, BP, BOSP.
What do you think, and who would like to do it.  Rls is a very organised person, I'll bet she would make a good job of it. ;)

Jenny

:thumbsup:

an ongoing table would be great to refer back to,

esspecially for those like myself who don't keep track of every show

beaker said:
:( Patsy please, please don't go ,
too many people have already been driven off k9 because they have tired of the petty arguments, most of the trouble makers do leave eventually when they no longer find they are able to provoke reaction.

i like many on here have thoroughly enjoyed reading the sometimes heated but otherwise superb, intellegent and informative threads that have come up recently in the showing section, and though i've not enough time and experience behind me to have any input of real value, i'm learning all the time from them.

k9 will be a far poorer place without intelligent input from the broad spectrum of whippet folk, please don't give up on us because of the few who find amusment in arguement,

becka

I second that

patsy said:
Patsy, thank you so much for writing it. I started to think I am some kind of strange person, if I do not want my whippets to kill, having read so many posts about others' whippets killing rabbits on a regular basis. My dogs have never killed a rabbit or anything else, despite two mice, which I would prevent as well, if I was quick enough. And I am proud of it.

BTW hounting with sighthounds IS illegal where I live.

I also love to look through pedigrees and I also plan out pedigrees of possible offspring and then their offspring to see how a potential breeding would look on paper. I would be really interested to see how more experienced people pick their sire's? Do you line breed, or type breed, or outcross and your reason for doing so.

Juley said:
I also love to look through pedigrees and I also plan out pedigrees of possible offspring and then their offspring to see how a potential breeding would look on paper. I would be really interested to see how more experienced people pick their sire's?  Do you line breed, or type breed, or outcross and your reason for doing so.
That is what I do Juley.

quintessence said:

Jenny

Thanks Jenny - my Mum would be most amused to read that! :lol:

I will have a go at doing something if everyone would like me too. :thumbsup:

rls22 said:
quintessence said:
Let's move on and drive our breed forward. :thumbsup:    I was thinking when we were asking about who had won the dog tickets so far this year that we ought to have a thread which we put the main results on and pin it so that we have a handy reference tool.  We can put whatever information people would like  eg. show, judge, CC's RCC's, BP, BOSP.

Jenny

Is that an offer? :teehee: never turn down a good offer :teehee:

off you go then.......... :thumbsup:

I am on the phone with Patsy at the moment telling her about the nice things you are saying and Im trying toget her to come back. We have both been very upset about the turn this thread had taken, encouraged on by someone we both felt should know better. However its really nice to know that everyone has enjoyed the different threads we ve got going so Ill get back to Patsy and see if I can talk her into returning............because at the end of the day Patsy has probaly forgotten more about Whippets than most will ever know.

Nicky

anniewhippet said:
rls22 said:
quintessence said:
Let's move on and drive our breed forward. :thumbsup:    I was thinking when we were asking about who had won the dog tickets so far this year that we ought to have a thread which we put the main results on and pin it so that we have a handy reference tool.  We can put whatever information people would like  eg. show, judge, CC's RCC's, BP, BOSP.

Jenny

Is that an offer? :teehee: never turn down a good offer :teehee:

off you go then.......... :thumbsup:

That's settled then, Rachel is now officially our results monitor. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back