The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What Drives A Breed

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'll have a go at starting a new topic then over the coming days on the main results from the shows this year. Sure it will keep me busy when there is a lull in the office :oops:

Would judge, ticket winners and Best Pup suffice? :- "

I too would be really sorry to see Patsy leave - so please try and get her to come back Nicky! :thumbsup:

anniewhippet said:
rls22 said:
quintessence said:
Let's move on and drive our breed forward. :thumbsup:   I was thinking when we were asking about who had won the dog tickets so far this year that we ought to have a thread which we put the main results on and pin it so that we have a handy reference tool.  We can put whatever information people would like  eg. show, judge, CC's RCC's, BP, BOSP.
What do you think, and who would like to do it.  Rls is a very organised person, I'll bet she would make a good job of it. ;)

Jenny

Thanks Jenny - my Mum would be most amused to read that! :lol:

I will have a go at doing something if everyone would like me too. :thumbsup:

Is that an offer? :teehee: never turn down a good offer :teehee:

off you go then.......... :thumbsup:

What a great idea! Would it also include the breeding of the winning dogs?

Nicky

UKUSA said:
I am on the phone with Patsy at the moment telling her about the nice things you are saying and Im trying toget her to come back. We have both been very upset about the turn this thread had taken, encouraged on by someone we both felt should know better. However its really nice to know that everyone has enjoyed the different threads we ve got going so Ill get back to Patsy and see if I can talk her into returning............because at the end of the day Patsy has probaly forgotten more about Whippets than most will ever know.Nicky

:cheers:

:thumbsup:

UKUSA said:
anniewhippet said:
rls22 said:
quintessence said:
Let's move on and drive our breed forward. :thumbsup:   I was thinking when we were asking about who had won the dog tickets so far this year that we ought to have a thread which we put the main results on and pin it so that we have a handy reference tool.  We can put whatever information people would like  eg. show, judge, CC's RCC's, BP, BOSP.
What do you think, and who would like to do it.  Rls is a very organised person, I'll bet she would make a good job of it. ;)

Jenny

Nicky

Would just Sire and Dam be ok?

Otherwise I could be spending half my life on whippet archives! :lol:

UKUSA said:
anniewhippet said:
rls22 said:
quintessence said:
Let's move on and drive our breed forward. :thumbsup:    I was thinking when we were asking about who had won the dog tickets so far this year that we ought to have a thread which we put the main results on and pin it so that we have a handy reference tool.  We can put whatever information people would like  eg. show, judge, CC's RCC's, BP, BOSP.

Jenny

Nicky

That would make it interesting too so I think a yes there.....if possible :thumbsup:

i'm sure everybody who's ever bred does this..

i try and visualise what the resulting pups from a mating might look like when matured, it would be interesting to know just how close everyone has got to that first mental picture, especially from dogs they had never bred before. :thumbsup:

were they pretty close, better than or a little less than expected?

(maybe even add pics of pups and how they finished for comparison) :))

the first litter i bred was really not what i had originally pictured, particularly colour wise (i'd have probably never had blacks if they hadn't though :b ) they were a lot longer in leg than i expected, though better than expected in topline and movement...

patsy said:
This thread could have been great.
MOVED TO .........ADVICE NEEDED. I WAS SICKENED TO READ THAT ANY ANIMAL COULD BE NETTED AND THROWN LIVE TO ANY DOG TO BE RIPPED APART WHAT A TERRIBLE DEATH THIS IS NOT A FAIR PLAYING FIELD AND CERTAINLY NOT SPORT.

THIS TOPIC HAS NO RIGHT ON WHIPPET SHOWING.

MY DOGS FREE RUN EVERY DAY AND I WOULD NEVER SLEEP IF THEY KILLED ANYTHING. I AM A WHIPPET LOVER THROUGH AND THROUGH NOT JUST TO SHOW BUT AS THE BEST COMPANIONS ANYONE COULD WISH FOR. I AM ALSO AN ANIMAL LOVER AND CAN NOT CONDONE SUCH THINGS.

I HAVE ENJOYED CHATTING ABOUT OUR WONDERFUL, BREED BUT NO MORE.

ENJOY PATSY

This post had already been moved quite some time before you chose to comment on it in this forum because as you said it had nothing to do with showing I therefore find it interesting that you have chosen to comment on it in the showing forum on an entirely different thread. Surely this is not the place for it. There was no need for it. Please try not to start up another fight as it may cause this thread to be closed.

I'm sure most people would like it if this thread could get back on topic again. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great pity its come to this :( and I feel partly responsible as I asked for the topic to be totally removed from the W/Showing board as I felt it should be elsewhere, sorry everyone.

Think its time I logged off now and read my book [/color] :thumbsup:

rls22 said:
UKUSA said:
anniewhippet said:
rls22 said:
quintessence said:
Let's move on and drive our breed forward. :thumbsup:    I was thinking when we were asking about who had won the dog tickets so far this year that we ought to have a thread which we put the main results on and pin it so that we have a handy reference tool.  We can put whatever information people would like  eg. show, judge, CC's RCC's, BP, BOSP.

Jenny

Nicky

Would just Sire and Dam be ok?

Otherwise I could be spending half my life on whippet archives! :lol:

Brilliant, well done Rach for offering :teehee:

quintessence said:
Jenny

What a great idea Jenny :cheers:

Rach, what a shame, you'll have to spend MORE time on K9 :- " :lol:

Look forward to seeing the new thread :thumbsup:

doris said:
quintessence said:
Jenny

You can be my assistant if you like :lol:

rls22 said:
doris said:
quintessence said:
Jenny

You can be my assistant if you like :lol:

Oooo no, you sound like a very bossy boss!! :lol:

:oops: edited to say, I'll be the roving reporter - as long as its in the region of Herts, Beds and Bucks :- "

Roving reporter, reporting to me if I'm not at the show and I will be roving reporter, reporting to you for the other shows. Confused? :lol:

rls22 said:
Roving reporter, reporting to me if I'm not at the show and I will be roving reporter, reporting to you for the other shows.  Confused?  :lol:

Ok, so you're the boss when you're at home, and I'm the Rover Reporter?

doris said:
rls22 said:
Roving reporter, reporting to me if I'm not at the show and I will be roving reporter, reporting to you for the other shows.  Confused?  :lol:

Ok, so you're the boss when you're at home, and I'm the Rover Reporter?

Sounds about right! :thumbsup:

Seriously though, I will have a look at getting a topic showing all the CC winners and their breeding started some time this week.

Pauline has very kindly offered to help as she has kept records of the winners, which will be a great help.

Watch this space :cheers:

Good luck with it - should be interesting for lots of people :thumbsup:

Juley said:
I also love to look through pedigrees and I also plan out pedigrees of possible offspring and then their offspring to see how a potential breeding would look on paper. I would be really interested to see how more experienced people pick their sire's?  Do you line breed, or type breed, or outcross and your reason for doing so.
I've bumped this up as I'm really interested in this. I love learning about the breed. Patsy, you can't leave K9, we need your input and your wonderful stories and memories. :huggles:

UKUSA said:
I am on the phone with Patsy at the moment telling her about the nice things you are saying and Im trying toget her to come back. We have both been very upset about the turn this thread had taken, encouraged on by someone we both felt should know better. However its really nice to know that everyone has enjoyed the different threads we ve got going so Ill get back to Patsy and see if I can talk her into returning............because at the end of the day Patsy has probaly forgotten more about Whippets than most will ever know.Nicky

I hope your not saying that because she is a `mature`person` :- " Nicky :clown: :lol:

I too look forword to reading Patsys posts, they are full of knowledge and sound reading

Come on Patsy, its not like you to `back down` girl :huggles:

jackie

Well it's now available immediately for people to look at straight away if they are interested in ticket winners and BPIB winners this year :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back