The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2007 Oz & Nz Show Results

Mackay Ag Show 20.6.07 in atrocious conditions... Rain continuing to pour down, mud everywhere, had to park "miles" away and carry dogs/gear in, dogs all had to be penned in the racing greyhound pens and the ring was moved into this tiny little area in the same shed - only way in and out of the pens was through the "show ring", assembly area non-existent: one breed at a time lined up in the corridor to the pens and one little tiny strip of grass outside to toilet the dogs on. And something new for Mackay - the temperature was a very cool 10 degrees C.

Only three whippets present

Dog CC BOB and BIG Ch Kassdalee Major Scoop

Bitch CC RUBOB Ch Aslan Sensationalism

RC bitch Kassdalee Devil Woman

The way the weather is going it's not looking good for Proserpine on the weekend. Forecast is for the rain to continue. Someone said just the other day that the 'car park' there - ie the cow paddock - was three feet under water. There is nowhere else for us to go there when their agricultural show is on.

Mychaka said:
Mychaka Rhythm N Blues - 'Rhythm'
and one more of the monster - Amigo  :wub:

Kids lookn great :thumbsup: Back from the mighty Queenstown, it was FREEZING... When are your next lot of shows??? Good luck :cheers:

Proserpine shows this weekend - atrocious conditions again. The Ag Show was on Saturday and the road in was 6 inches of mud. The parking area was VERY spongey, and the rings were not the greatest - whippies were covered in mud flecks from chest all the way through their undercarriage after just one lap. I don't know how more cars didn't get bogged or how they will ever restore that beautiful show ground - especially the assembly areas at the dog rings - to their former glory.

Anyhow, on Saturday under Mrs L Dorr

Minor Puppy Dog

Aslan JD Fortune RC McCrindle

Autralian Bred Dog

Ch Aslan That's Amore CC RUBOB ABIG McCrindle

Intermediate Bitch

Kassdalee Devil Woman RC Oakes/Philp

Open Bitch

Ch Aslan Chanson D'Amour CC BOB OIG McCrindle

On Sunday under Mr G Minchinton

Autralian Bred Dog

Ch Aslan That's Amore CC BOB RIG ABIG McCrindle

Intermediate Bitch

Kassdalee Devil Woman RC Oakes/Philp

Open Bitch

Ch Aslan Sensationalism CC RUBOB OIG McCrindle

aslan said:
Proserpine shows this weekend - atrocious conditions again.  The Ag Show was on Saturday and the road in was 6 inches of mud.  The parking area was VERY spongey, and the rings were not the greatest - whippies were covered in mud flecks from chest all the way through their undercarriage after just one lap.  I don't know how more cars didn't get bogged or how they will ever restore that beautiful show ground - especially the assembly areas at the dog rings - to their former glory.
Anyhow, on Saturday under Mrs L Dorr

Minor Puppy Dog

Aslan JD Fortune  RC  McCrindle

Autralian Bred Dog

Ch Aslan That's Amore CC RUBOB ABIG McCrindle

Intermediate Bitch

Kassdalee Devil Woman  RC Oakes/Philp

Open Bitch

Ch Aslan Chanson D'Amour CC BOB OIG  McCrindle

On Sunday under Mr G Minchinton

Autralian Bred Dog

Ch Aslan That's Amore CC BOB  RIG ABIG McCrindle

Intermediate Bitch

Kassdalee Devil Woman  RC Oakes/Philp

Open Bitch

Ch Aslan Sensationalism CC RUBOB OIG  McCrindle

Well Done Lana, you will have to start packing your footy boots or waders (w00t)

Looks like I didn't miss a thing by not going to Prosperpine Lana - have been there other years when the show is on, seems like they get rain this time of year every year. I actually entered for Cairns but didn't go because I figured if Townsville was a mud bath Cairns certainly would of been as well.

Must be getting old that I didn't go to a show because of the wheather :p

Anyway :cheers: Congratulations to the brave winners in Prosie.

Cristina

Thanks Lynda,

Shows were surpose to be Cairns but have a couple of shows here in Townsville next weekend. I'll see if I can get this little darling standing for longer.

We're all being sookie la la's here in the Nth Qld at the moment because we've had some very cold weather (well to us here in the tropic's anyway :D ) gee 13 deg and 10 deg. we'd never make it in New Zealand. :D

Cristina

Hi All,

At Callide Valley Canine Club show... Oakway Party Hero "Barney" was awarded Baby in group 1 July 2007 under Mr R Marshall (NSW)...

Results for whippets over the weekend are as follows

30 June 2007.. Judge Mr K Hodge (NSW)

BCC/BOB/ BIG: Ch Lusnagah Piping Lane (Abbott and Austen)

RBCC/RUBOB/PUPPY IN GROUP: Creor Shaken not stirred (Bazzoco) (i think it was the puppy)

DCC:Ch Monderick Whispers (Abott)

RDCC: Saxonee Red Hot Tip (McArthur)

1 July 2007.... Judge Mr R Marshall (NSW)

DCC/BOB/BIG: Ch Monderick Whispers (Abott)

RDCC/Junior in group: Swifthund Movin On Out (Bazzocco)

BCC/RUBOB: Ch Blakriva French Kiss ( Bazzoco)

RBCC: Ch Lusnagah Piping Lane (Abbott and Austen)

Baby in Group: Oakway Party Hero (Hatfield)

Puppy in Group: Creor Shaken not stirred (Bazzoco)

:cheers: Well Done Cassie and Barney :cheers:

and to all the other winners :thumbsup:

Well whippets had better luck in the groups in Rockie than they did up north - congrats to all the winners there.

Townsville KC Sat 30th Mrs E Benson

Dog CC & BOB - Ch Aslan That's Amore

RC - Calahorra Bohdrans

Minor Puppy Dog 1st - Aslan JD Fortune

Baby Dog - Mychaka In the Limelight

Bitch CC RUBOB - Grau Glitz n Glamour

2nd in class & RC - Mychaka Rhythm N Blues

Open Bitch - Ch Aslan Sensationalism

Townsville KC - Sun 1st July Mrs C Camac

Dog CC and BOB - Ch Aslan That's Amore

RC - Aslan Strike It Rich - (hurray for Striker - his first RC! and he's now nicknamed "Daisy" cause young Ricky McLeod says he looks like a cow! :( :lol: )

Junior ? Dog - Calahorra Bohdrans

Baby dog Mychaka In the Limelight

Bitch CC and RUBOB - Ch Aslan Sensationalism

State Bred Bitch - 1st and RCC Mychaka Rhythm & Blues

2nd Grau Glitz & Glamour

and as far as I can remember - I don't think any of us got anything in group except for maybe Amigo?

It's all a bit of a blur now as my car "blew up" on the way home - had to get RACQ to come and put it on a truck to Ayr. OH had to drive a 6hr return trip to come and collect me and the dog trailer. Car is being trucked back to Mackay today - they couldn't fix it in Ayr. Might not be showing for a while depending on how much we're up for with the car :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Lana, you jinxed yourself re the car, should of called us we would of come and got ya - bloody cars :rant: ......bet hubby was totally impressed.

Yes Amigo got Baby Puppy in Group on the Sunday - but I don't think either judge was into whippets.

Congrat's to the winners in Rocky :cheers:

Anyway at least you took some points home, catch up with ya soon.

Cristina

Saturday 14th.

East Coast, (Sydney) Ch. S. Jack Danials. Best Of Breed under Hound Judge Ms. C. Curry-Thompson. A good result :D

West Coast (Perth) Only 4,000kms away. Gr. Ch. S. Silver Screen. Best in Group. Under a judge from South Africa, Morrison, I think not sure. Another good result for the boys. :cheers:

Well done Jo, & Anne-Marie. :D

Well done Jo, Anne-Marie & Cartman. :thumbsup:

We had a Best In Group with Ch Parnew Irish Pride (Fergus) under Mrs S Lane (NSW) yesterday and Parnew Devil Inya (Indy) beat her brother Parnew Devil N Disguise (Roscoe) for Baby Of Breed.

Well done Skyeways and Parnews! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Hi all,

Just letting all the whippet people at the Hound Show last weekend that we have made it back to Townsville safely after our disaster of a trip to Brissy. Dogs and humans very happy to be back home. :)

Cristina

Hi Cristina,

Glad your home safely... what happened? Have you got results for the hound show?

Hi Cassie

Whippet Results of the Queensland Hound Club Show held 15/07/07

Judges: Ms K Doyle (Canada)

36 entered

Baby Dog 3 Entries

1st Oakway Party Ice

2nd Oakway Party Rogue

3rd Mychaka The Limelight

Minor Dog 1 entry

1st Shalique Weekend Warrior ( Minor of Breed)

Puppy Dog 3 entries

1st Piaffe Rococo (Puppy of Breed)

2nd Oakway Nite Onthe Town

Aust Bred Dog 2 entries

1st Nabihah Still The One

2nd Arabee Popular Pick

Open Dog 6 entries

1st Grand Ch Sheberghan Silk Rod (Doc CC ,BOB)

2nd Ch Shalique Dareto Impress( Res dog CC)

3rd Ch Taejaan Long Kiss G'Nite

Baby Bitch 1 entry

1st Oakway Party Trix ( Baby of Breed ,Baby in Show)

Minor Bitch 2 entries

1st Piaffe Madame Butterfly

2nd Shalique Silver Warrior

Puppy Bitch 1 entry

1st Piaffe La Boheme

Junior Bitch 4 entries

1st Shalique Clearas Crystal (Junior of Breed)

2nd Piaffe Fasciating Aida

Intermediate Bitch 2 entries

1st Nabihah Psychosis( Intermediate of Breed)

2nd Zipalong Paris Noir

Australian Bred Bitch

4 entries

1st Ch Shalique Dareto Whisper (Res Bitch CC Aust Bred of Breed)

2nd Cherubz Sorrento Moon

3rd Mychaka Rhythm N Blues

Open Bitch 7 entries

1st Ch Sheberghan The Romance ( Bitch CC Res of Breed)

2nd Ch Oakway Dress Fthe Boys

3rd Ch Cherubz Foxxy Lady

Best In Show went to Std Smooth Dachshund

NZ Aust Ch Hampdach Joint Venture (ImpUK)

Res in Show went to Afghan

Gengala Shooting Star

As for our disaster of a trip it started on Friday when our car was stolen from Movie World carpark on the Gold Coast, :rant: we had to make our way back over to our motel near Durack by train, the motel where we stayed at were terrific and their staff looked after the dogs till we got back but then we had to work out how we were going to get the dogs, trailer and ourselves back to Townsville, missed the show on Saturday but did show at the Hound Show while my partner went and bought a car for us to get back. Did have a good trip home and stayed over in Rocky for a night to break the trip up but don't really want to rush back to Brissy for awhile.

Cristina

Oh very sorry to hear that Cristina. What mongrel thieving so and so's!!! I hope your car was insured for theft. What a way to buy a new car hey - be forced to make the decision and go get it on the same day!

Mum said you were entered at the show on Saturday but weren't there. So there were only her two and Laddie beat Cara for BOB - his first challenge - a 6 pointer turned into 7 after beating his mum.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back