The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2009 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Congrats to Lana and especially Jilly who did her mum very proud over the weekend. Cristina
Her TWO mums actually - previous owner Cynthia was a very proud onlooker from ringside.

Congrats to Jon for Paris's recent win. Well done. Where and when was it, and who was the judge? Stillettos and evening dress? Would like to see that. Is Gloria the name you go by now Cartman? :eek: :p

Congrats to Krystal and Ace as well, that's hard work. Elly will you please pass that on?

Our little Darcie (Ozrhode Celtic Sands) had a nice win over the weekend taking Minor in Show at Mackay KC under MR A McQuire (Q).

Cheers,

Lana

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news Lana, well done. I think she will have many more of these great wins ahead. Lovely little girl. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hmmmm i think we need more picks Lana. :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately Jas and I haven't done any more since the last little session we did (which I posted here). Cristina kindly took some while we were in the ring last weekend (which I'll be receiving this weekend.) Will try hard to get some more this weekend as well.

Only three whippets there today - a midweek, local AG show - with a local judge, who has judged often here - cuts down the entries a bit.

Little Miss Darcie (Ozrhode Celtic Sands) took BOB over Jill and Dino. Nice to start her off with points at only 6mths and two weeks old but she's not ready to beat Dino and Jill just yet IMO. She's still a naughty puppy and hasn't settled into her gait yet. She's also growing a little out of whack right now so moves bum high IMO at the moment. BUT, anyway, she's off the mark.

Dino (Gr Ch Aslan That's Amore) won State Bred in Show.

Pic of Darcie today attached.

MkyAg4smk9.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Lana, lets hope she has many more BOB, great news of Dino BSBIS :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congraulations Darcie, Lana and Jasmin

That must of put Jilly and Dino's noses out of joint :p

Who ever the judge was must of liked her besides her naughtiness and her growing pains ( remember we're all blaming the naughtiness on the common denominator of Darcie and Tequila 8) :D )

I have your photo's on USB and will see you tomorrow. Have a good trip and watch out for that mad driver Graham :D

Cristina

That must of put Jilly and Dino's noses out of joint :p
They didn't care. ;)

Have a good trip and watch out for that mad driver Graham :D

He's not coming til late Sat/early Sun. I'm in charge of both the Huskies tomorrow. :p

Cristina

Only three whippets there today - a midweek, local AG show - with a local judge, who has judged often here - cuts down the entries a bit.
Little Miss Darcie (Ozrhode Celtic Sands) took BOB over Jill and Dino. Nice to start her off with points at only 6mths and two weeks old but she's not ready to beat Dino and Jill just yet IMO. She's still a naughty puppy and hasn't settled into her gait yet. She's also growing a little out of whack right now so moves bum high IMO at the moment. BUT, anyway, she's off the mark.

Dino (Gr Ch Aslan That's Amore) won State Bred in Show.

Pic of Darcie today attached.

View attachment 65930
Hi Lana

Congratulations on Dino's SBIS and Little Miss Darcie's BOB lets hope there's lots more. :)

Bill

MANY CONGRATS Lana and way to go Darcie...here's to many more!!! :thumbsup:

I just heard a little whisper :ph34r: that a whippet went Best In Show and they same kennel got Best Minor Puppy In Show too.

Great news and well done to that K9 member. :cheers: :cheers: (w00t) (w00t)

I just heard a little whisper :ph34r: that a whippet went Best In Show and they same kennel got Best Minor Puppy In Show too.Great news and well done to that K9 member. :cheers: :cheers: (w00t) (w00t)
Fantastic News! :cheers: :huggles:

Well done to who ever that could be ;)

I just heard a little whisper :ph34r: that a whippet went Best In Show and they same kennel got Best Minor Puppy In Show too.Great news and well done to that K9 member. :cheers: :cheers: (w00t) (w00t)

I'm sure she will post tonight as she had another show today.

Well done!! I am guessing it may be Lana!!! If it was way to go Lana and Aslan team

Cass

Yes! It was my bestest boy and THE most handsome Whippet in the World (IMHO) ... the Dino Dog!!!!!

Gr Ch Aslan That's Amore has shaken off his "bridesmaid" title and taken his first champ show

BEST IN SHOW

at Proserpine A P & I Assoc under Mr J Van Daalen (Q)

Dino now thinks RIS's are "so yesterday". LOL. Because a BIS gets you roast lamb for dinner and bacon & eggs for breakfast. :p

And little Miss Darcie was very clever too and took MPIS.

Reba the Husky was RIG as well.

Today Dino was RIG and Darcie was MPIG.

So a pretty wonderful weekend.

(w00t) Well Done Lana and Dino :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (w00t)

WELL DONE Dino, Darcie and Lana. :cheers: :D

Roast lamb. Bacon and eggs, unbelievable :lol:

Good on ya Dino.

Well done Lana.

We've been a bit busy with family matters so haven't been keeping up on lists. However, we are pleased with our Rosie (Jack x Ming). Those who have watched her from a baby will remember me carrying her around for her first couple of shows, then me dragging her around for the next few shows, and then a not altogether inspiring performance of yes I'll stand but I'll move in my own good time! We were advised to move her on because of her total lack or personality.

We loved her so we perseved. Her litter sister, Mandy, went to New Zealand last month and what a change in Rosie. She now powers around the ring so much so that I'm running hard to keep up. She's blossomed into a very happy and amenable girl which proves to me once again why one shouldn't keep litter mates. We've just had the very same experience with our Saluki babies. Feckles left last week and Quest, who was the quiet withdrawn boy, has now blossomed into a happy outgoing and friendly boy.

Anyway, Rosie had a great time at Dubbo recently taking out 3 bitch CC's and 1 BIG from the Minor Puppy Class! On the weekend, in pouring rain and cold, she went Minor In Show. Not a great pic (mainly because of the conditions and late hour) but here she is.

Rosie_June_090001.jpg

Other local wins are Isilwane Don't Care What U Think (Nugget x Electra) with new Whippet owners, Cleaves, who has taken several challenges now from the Minor Class. Our Blue took both BOB's on the weekend and Katrina Santas' boy got 1 Dog CC RUBOB with Cleaves' dog the other day. At Yass the first day was Taejaan BOB & RUBOB and our Blue was BOB the second day. Hear there's 54 whippets at Wagga this coming weekend. Not sure if we'll get there or not as we have a litter due from Lucy and we fly out Monday to the UK and France. Then Clover is due the following week so I need to get both girls settled with their respective carers. The timing wasn't great but I'm so glad I have good friends to whelp and look after my girls.

Cheers

Yes! It was my bestest boy and THE most handsome Whippet in the World (IMHO) ... the Dino Dog!!!!!
Gr Ch Aslan That's Amore has shaken off his "bridesmaid" title and taken his first champ show

BEST IN SHOW

at Proserpine A P & I Assoc under Mr J Van Daalen (Q)

Dino now thinks RIS's are "so yesterday". LOL. Because a BIS gets you roast lamb for dinner and bacon & eggs for breakfast. :p

And little Miss Darcie was very clever too and took MPIS.

Reba the Husky was RIG as well.

Today Dino was RIG and Darcie was MPIG.

So a pretty wonderful weekend.
Hi Lana

Congratulations Dino and little Miss Darcie great results.

Bill

Fantastic!!!!

Way to go guys, that is one wonderful weekend

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back