The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Message For Lampingman

Seems to me theres a little bit of propagander going on here? :- "

you know like in the war but the loosing side? "we are winning the enamies retreating". :thumbsup:

surely you wouldnt of expected them to run a girl like Spry up a field they hadn't convinced themselves was safe for her to run on :p

now the question is why isnt Lampy keen on letting the sryers walk the course? I saw his hands in a pic the other day and they looked like they had blisters on them? this put with the rumour that he'd been seen digging on the track makes me wonder if he's dug an old bear trap pit to try and slow Spry down a little? :eek:

i've warmed A & L to look out for trip wires, glue ect on the track all aimed at slowing spry down to make the race fairer :p

Maybe Lampys taking them to the beach so Lesley can pick the donkey he"s going to ride. (w00t)

Can't stop for long. Just back from the beach 8) . To say that the Spryers are worried would be a huge understatement :( They just did not realise what their girl was going to be up against tomorrow (w00t) Bramble and ZORRO seemed very pleased to see their sister but were clearly un fazed by her presence . Lesley did have a quiet word with me. I can't go into detail but the words pack up, home and beaten were mentioned by her. Embarrassing? Yes it was. I calmed her and explained that the eyes of K9 were on this event and she must go through with it despite her fears. Lampy, she said. Thankyou for being there for me . I am now ready to deal with whatever happens tomorrow :blink: . I did shed a little tear for her I must confess but I did ask her to take the event as a bit of fun, another stage in her learning curve. Lesley. I said. There is more to life than whippets and sheep. Look at me :clown:

Andy wasn't saying much. He's a broken man to be honest. Sad case plus his hangover . . .

Anyway. Got them round mine again tonight. Can't get rid of 'em. Cod and chips. Taking Andy down the track later. Got to go. More later.

The ever revealing

LAMPINGMAN :teehee: :thumbsup:

Lampy the best advice I can give with less than 24 hours to go before the big event is remember these wise words spoken by many a dejected owner and you will be able to console yourself during those long lonely nights.

[SIZE=21pt]"it's not the winning but the taking part"[/SIZE]

Hopefully you will find solice in the above while you try and find something to fill that big empty void were the trophy once stood :p

if Lesleys coming round get a few muffins in LOL :- "

So has Lesley got a suntan yet? 8)

lamping man said:
Can't stop for long. Just back from the beach  8) . To say that the Spryers are worried would be a huge understatement  :( They just did not realise what their girl  was going to be up against tomorrow  (w00t) Bramble and ZORRO seemed very pleased to see their sister but were clearly un fazed by her presence . Lesley did have a quiet word with me. I can't go into detail but the words pack up, home and beaten were mentioned by her. Embarrassing? Yes it was. I calmed her and explained that the eyes of K9 were on this event and she must go through with it despite  her fears. Lampy, she said. Thankyou for being there for me . I am now ready to deal with whatever happens tomorrow  :blink: . I did shed a little tear for her I must confess but I did ask her to take the event as a bit of fun, another stage in her learning curve. Lesley. I said. There is more to life than whippets and sheep. Look at me  :clown: Andy wasn't saying much. He's a broken man to be honest. Sad case plus his hangover . . .

Anyway. Got them round mine again tonight. Can't get rid of 'em. Cod and chips. Taking Andy down the track later. Got to go. More later.

The ever revealing

LAMPINGMAN :teehee:    :thumbsup:

Hi Lampy,

I take it Lesley hasn't got her laptop with her, cos when she reads this, it will be

you that is running :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lampy, if I lived nearer you wouldn't get rid of me either! :- " Getting very excited about tomorrow and charging camera batteries already!! :thumbsup:

Mark Roberts said:
Lampy the best advice I can give with less than 24 hours to go before the big event is remember these wise words spoken by many a dejected owner and you will be able to console yourself during those long lonely nights.
[SIZE=21pt]"it's not the winning but the taking part"[/SIZE]

Hopefully you will find solice in the above while you try and find something to fill that big empty void were the trophy once stood  :p

if Lesleys coming round get a few muffins in LOL  :- "

So has Lesley got a suntan yet?  8)

Ha! Suntan. You must be joking. This morning Lesley was wearing a big coat, wooly hat and gloves. Its perishing here. :( Confidentially Lesley has intimated that Spry doesn't like running in the cold. I'll say no more :- " Will that figure on the list of excuses? I wonder. (w00t)

To cheer her up I went to Morrisons. I asked if they had any pie and peas or black pudding as I had some guests down from the north who by all accounts eat that sort of thing. No joy i'm afraid. In fact they looked at me as if I were a little mad :blink: Anyway i've got her fish and another stack of drink for Andy. What an appetite that man's got. Sooner keep 'im for a week than a fortnight :- "

Got to go. Fence to put up. Spryers wanted to help but I dare not let them see too much :lol:

LAMPY

In fact they looked at me as if I were a little mad
Good Judges then?

Anyway i've got her fish and another stack of drink for Andy
Andy Drink & Fish are often used in the same sentance by those who have seen the man drink :- " .

Got to go. Fence to put up
Sorry mate that won't keep them out we tried it :- " .

(w00t) (w00t) Just about to pick Andy up and take him to the track. I think he wants to measure the length of thre grass :) Its chuking it down at the moment but these tough Yorkshire geezers won't bother about that. The least of his worries I would say (w00t) . Got to go

LAMPY

Just come back and can report that Andy is impressed with the setup. Sheep ( oh no not again (w00t) ) netting is in place a nice cut in the ground he likes the length of the grass :- " . So folks the stage is set. Spryers get ready for the main event. (w00t) .

Actins will speak for

LAMPINGMAN :cheers:

Well well well it would seem the lampy has had free reign over the thread while I have been without my lifeline to k9, he is as we speak down stairs with his pinny on making my tea I will let you know later if he can cook or not :thumbsup:

Don't believe a word he says we are more confident than ever 8) and he is quaking in his boots after seeing what Spry is capable of first hand, for all the Spry fans don't worry she'll walk it (I mean that literally) :D

Bye for now

The Spryers :cheers:

You lot are the best, this is a wonderful thread. Good Luck tomorrow, I'm not taking sides but [SIZE=21pt]COME ON SPRY[/SIZE]

Jenny and Sparky

I see that Lesley has got all her girlie cheer leaders organised (w00t) Listen folks I have just spent a pleasant evening with the Spryers. I have had to work hard I admit ,Andy's glass always seemed to be empty :D . I did take him to one side and whispered into his ear AA. Quick as a flash he came back with No problem Lampy, i'm with the RAC.Its at that point that I rapidly lost the will to live on Andy's drink problem (w00t) (w00t) . Anyway, the running order for tomorrow has been agreed. We fore gather tomorrow at mine with Tanya and Oliverpliers, cup of coffee then down to the track. Andy tells me that Bramble is a WrCH(Oor something like that) in the making. I thought, what a sniveller, mind you , he was on his third bottle of red so..... :D

Got to go , things to do . Don't leave your screens for long. If so you will have to wait fot Lampy and Lesley The Movie. :lol:

Night Night from

LAMPINGMAN :cheers:

Good Luck all, I won't tell you what's being said in the chat room Lampy, it might give you nightmares :ph34r:

Looking forward to the movie...................

well im back from a 10 hr trip and unloaded , got sorted and got to work on the cakes! choc and banana , and a carrot cake! sooooo excited for the big event! wont be much sleep in any of the parties households tonight! cant wait! good luck all! :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back