The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Message For Lampingman

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well everyone is congratulating Spry and her connections lets spare a thought for Lampingman.

He must be sat there a very confused and hurt man tonight, he must be feeling jubilation that he bred a whippet of sprys calibre a dog caperble of running away from home and winning in strange surroundings a whippet loved by the nation.

But then theres the other side of the coin! he must be feeling like the worlds against him? he bred spry, he reared her lovingly, he had the option of keeping her but NO! he sold her! he let this little flying machine leave his house for pastures new in a strange land (well Yorkshire anyway).

i'm sure he'll of acted like the perfect gentleman i've seen him to be, i'm sure he will of smiled as he handed over the winners trophy to Andy & Lesley, i'm sure he will have still made them feel welcome even thouigh he was fighting back the tears.

I just hope his wifes hide the sharp objects and that Andy & Lesley check the colour of their drinking water in the morning before they make that well known morning brew.

[SIZE=21pt]WELL DONE SPRY [/SIZE]-We really do all love you. Hard Luck Lampingman, can't wait to hear the whole story, I'm sure you must be secretly very proud of the fabulous puppies you have bred.

Jenny and Sparky

Well Done Lesley & Andy Spry has done it again :thumbsup:

Well done Lampy the banter was great to read :thumbsup:

Well everyone. Words fail me(almost but not quite) :angry: . Listen. up until 5 minutes ago I was standing with a length of rope in my hand, gazing up at a convenient branch. I thought, this is it Lampy old son. You've tried your best :blink: but have been beaten by a LUCKIER :D dog.. So, throw the rope round the branch ,get on that damn donkey and get someone to kick its a**e. This is as bad as it gets, there's no way back. Deep in the depths of depression I hear in the distance the chant, here we go! here we go! here we go! I look up and through the mist of the tears and staggering towards me I see ANDY, absolutely shiters. He's been throwing my wine down his neck all afternoon and now he wants to strut :blink: E' Lampy lad your bitch got a real good stuffing . I looked at Diane, bewildered , momentarily thinking just what have you been up to whilst I have been down the track dear?. Anyway. the substance of his gloat began to emerge as he paused for breath to belch and pass further wind from heaven knows where. Our Spry taught that Bramble a lesson she'll never forget he crowed. Andy's nose at this time was no more than an inch away from my chest as we stood up and faced each other :- " , his beligerence was palpable :angry:

Andy, I said. Please. Drink my wine, gorge my food but please do not loose touch with reality. By 'eck lad tell me what it is you mean expostulated Andy.

Well folks I then went on to explain to Andy the fact that Spry was well beaten in the first run, won by a length in the second run and in the third bumped Bramble(knocking her out of her stride ) to gain the third leg by a length.

I waited for a response from Andy but sadly he had collapsed onto a convenient chair and was heavily asleep -_- I'll be back later with more revelations but at the moment I feel for Andy's safety :- "

Always thinking of others

LAMPINGMAN :thumbsup:

Well, I've just got back from one of the best days' out ever! :D Lampy was very generous in defeat - if you call sitting in a corner crying and refusing to let go of the trophy generous! :- " Andy and Lesley were magnanimous in victory, only mentioning it at least a hundred times - and that before Tanya left us!! (w00t) The food was excellent, albeit a little salty from Lampy's tears, and the company was second to none. :thumbsup:

Photos will follow tomorrow, from me at any rate. :)

Thank you Chris and Diane for your very generous hospitality! :huggles: It was lovely meeting you both and Pam, Tanya, and the victorious Callenna gang! :D It was even lovelier, if that's possible, to meet all the dogs I've heard so much about! Albie and Logan thoroughly enjoyed their day and made me proud - even if Albie refused to chase the lure and Logan dug up Diane's garden! :- " :oops:

Well I had a call from Andy & Lesley, we had more trouble than normal understanding Andy's slurred speach? it soon became apparent that in a vain attempt to stop them taking part in the challenge Lampy had been plying Andy with so much red wine he had started talking french? we'll during his drunken ramblings he mentioned something about "excuse my french" ?

We then got to chat to Lesley, she made a lot more sense than Andy which is very unusual? :- " but unfortunatly the champers had got to her as well.

the crys from Andy of "think of my phone bill" were ignored as she gave us a blow by blow account of the day.

I hear they are back at Lampys today for more food and DRINK, poor Lampy it will take him ages to get over the expense of a few days with Andy.

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulation Andy and Lesley, and WELL DONE SPRY![/SIZE]

Congratulations on breeding a little Speed Machine Lampy (See there are no real losers here :- " )

So glad you all had such a good day, and that all dogs were injury free.

We are waiting with anticipation for all of the photos, please don't be too long...........

TC said:
[SIZE=14pt]Congratulation Andy and Lesley, and WELL DONE SPRY![/SIZE]
Congratulations on breeding a little Speed Machine Lampy (See there are no real losers here  :- " )

So glad you all had such a good day, and that all dogs were injury free.

We are waiting with anticipation for all of the photos, please don't be too long...........

Can't wait...... :p :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. It really was a superb day. The weather was excellent which went a long way to making the day such a success. All the dogs ran well and finished injury free. Spry was excellent, losing the first race to Bramble but prevailing in the next two.The presentation and the party afterwards was another bonus . Nobody has complained of salmonella poisoning(yet) so the food must have been ok (w00t) .

Listen . The Lampingman Spring Trophy will be competed for next year so give it some thought with a view to entering. It will be fun. Its not a life or death thing , its far more serious than that :teehee:

Lesley wil be on here a little later with some interesting news for you all :(

I'm cooking steaks for them tonight. Thank god they're going tomorrow :- " . Can't move for empty bottles . :wacko:

Best wishes. More later

LAMPY

lesley has got some interesting news? :(

she's not getting another pup is she? (w00t)

She"s been and got him a donkey lol (w00t)

Will there be lovely cake made by Tanya if so count me in. :thumbsup: ( Lesley had the cheek to ring me last night to tell me all about the day and that she"d ate my cake, she did say it was to good not to though.)

Lesley had the cheek to ring me last night to tell me all about the day and that she"d ate my cake,
now the big question is was it cake or muffins? :- "

The Lampingman Spring Trophy will be competed for next year so give it some thought with a view to entering. It will be fun. Its not a life or death thing , its far more serious than that
Sounds like a good idea, are you going to have Sprys name put on it for next year as well to save having to get it done later :- "

lamping man said:
Thanks everyone. It really was a superb day. The weather was excellent which went a long way to making the day such a success. All the dogs ran well and finished injury free. Spry was excellent, losing the first race to Bramble but prevailing in the next two.The presentation and the party afterwards was another bonus . Nobody has complained of salmonella poisoning(yet) so the food must have been ok (w00t) .Listen . The Lampingman Spring Trophy will be competed for next year so give it some thought with a view to entering. It will be fun. Its not a life or death thing , its far more serious than that  :teehee:

Lesley wil be on here a little later with some interesting news for you all  :(

I'm cooking steaks for them tonight. Thank god they're going tomorrow  :- " . Can't move for empty bottles .  :wacko:

Best wishes. More later

LAMPY

Magnanimous in defeat a true sportsman :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
Thanks everyone. It really was a superb day. The weather was excellent which went a long way to making the day such a success. All the dogs ran well and finished injury free. Spry was excellent, losing the first race to Bramble but prevailing in the next two.The presentation and the party afterwards was another bonus . Nobody has complained of salmonella poisoning(yet) so the food must have been ok (w00t) .Listen . The Lampingman Spring Trophy will be competed for next year so give it some thought with a view to entering. It will be fun. Its not a life or death thing , its far more serious than that  :teehee:

Lesley wil be on here a little later with some interesting news for you all  :(

I'm cooking steaks for them tonight. Thank god they're going tomorrow  :- " . Can't move for empty bottles .  :wacko:

Best wishes. More later

LAMPY

Thank you for the update Lampy :thumbsup:

Where are you Lesley, I am worried about the :(

Tracy

[]

Sounds like a good idea, are you going to have Sprys name put on it for next year as well to save having to get it done later :- "

Sounds like a good idea Mark -_- Thing is next time Bramble or ZORRO will have their revenge :) no danger. Anyway, you'll be entering of course??

I am going to start racing with them proper I think. Got to get them used to traps though then we'll be in business :teehee:

Does anyone know where I could buy a couple??

The racing world ,the next goal for

LAMPINGMAN :thumbsup:

About Lesley's news. I could, but I daren't tell you :sweating: :angry:

lamping man said:
About Lesley's news. I could, but I daren't tell you  :sweating:   :angry:
Right, appreciate your honesty, but not too keen on your stirring.....

"Lesley has got some interesting news :( "

Get her on the PC a bit sharpish please :- "

you'll be entering of course??
i'd be very pleased to,

Talking to Andy & Lesley last night it sounds like your 2 gave their sister a run for her money.

if i'd of known you were after a trap i've 1 here you could of borrowed (manual release).

I am going to start racing with them proper I think
Nice 1 i'll look forward to watching how they progress.

About Lesley's news. I could, but I daren't tell you
[SIZE=14pt]ooo whens she due[/SIZE] :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Really glad your going to join the racing world Lampy, :thumbsup: from what i heard of yesterday you could be in with a shout with Bramble & Zorro. :thumbsup:

Come on Lesley whats the news?

Andy"s decided he likes Lampy"s hospitality that much hes decided to move in with him. (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back